‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

29.

Rachel's POV

April 27th, 2009. 11:46PM. On the road to Boston.

After my little finding of Alex's lyric book, Brendon and I talked. It wasn't very much of a heart to heart, like I would've liked since we had no time to ourselves to talk. Pete kept coming in the room to get our stuff, then yelled at us for not helping. So we had to help load the bus back up.

But, we did decide that I should talk to Lex when Lisa left. So that would be in a couple of days. Brendon said he would be there with me if I needed him to be. He was such a fantastic friend.

Currently, Pete, Joe, Brendon, Hemingway, and myself were all sitting in the front lounge of the bus, flipping through channels, trying to decide what to watch. We couldn't agree on fucking anything.

I groaned and rolled off the couch and on to Brendon's back. He gasped as my body hit his. I just laid there, giggling as Hemmy came up and started licking my face.

Pete was soon on top of me, followed closely by Joe. Brendon was sitting there underneath all of us, gasping and groaning for air. Joe laughed and picked up Hem, setting him on his stomach.

"Really, Joe?" Brendon breathed out, trying to wiggle his way out of the pile. "Guys, fuck, my frail body can't handle this. Get off!"

"I would love to, but I've got two men on top of me," I laughed, staring up at the ceiling of the bus. There was a dark spot up there. How'd it get all the way up there?

"Hey, hey, hey. Three men," Joe corrected, holding Hem in front of my face. The English bulldog started licking furiously away at my face.

"My bad, Joe."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to Hemingway," He said, letting go of Hemingway and getting up off of Pete.

Pete didn't get up. What the fuck. He needed to move. "Pete, get off!" I whined, shoving him off of me.

He laughed, rolling off of me. He landed on the floor next to me as I got off Brendon.

"Hello," Pete smiled at me, still laying on the floor.

"Hi," I grinned, sitting up and crossing my legs. Pete crawled over to me and put his head in my lap. He was so adorable. I sat there, just stroking his hair back from his face. "Guys, let's watch a movie and eat popcorn and gossip."

Brendon, Joe, and Pete all grinned. They were totally in on this. Pete sat up slightly, "Hey, wait a minute. Let's stop at a gas station or something and get a bunch of people on here."

"For a movie marathon?" I said, sort of excited over this.

He nodded and stood up, running to his bunk to retrieve his phone. Brendon went to the front of the bus to tell the bus driver to stop at the nearest gas station or CVS or something of the like.

"Pick out the movies, my dear," Joe said, opening the little cabinet that held all the movies we brought on tour. Joe and I were total movie nerds.

I smiled and got up, going through the movies. I picked out Star Wars Episodes 4-6 - because those were the best, obviously - The Goonies, Home Alone one and two, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, every Harry Potter so far, and Donnie Darko. We wouldn't get through all those movies. But, hey.

The bus came to a slow stop. Pete ran past Joe and I, and off the bus.

Joe, Brendon, and I followed after him. I wanted snacks for this movie marathon. Pete and Brendon ran to the other buses as they pulled into the parking lot after us, while Joe and I ran to the CVS that was in the shopping center.

We quickly grabbed a little basket and ran down each aisle. Joe would grab as many things as he could and threw them into the basket.

I slowed down as the basket got heavier, "Joe, switch. I'm scrawny. You're not."

He laughed and took the basket from me. I picked out a bunch of bags of chips, different candies, and five boxes of popcorn. With the way Pete and Bren were rounding up the bands, we'd have everyone on the tour on our bus.

We ran out of room in the basket. I had to end up carrying most of the bags of chips and the boxes of popcorn.

"Okay, so we got a shit ton of tea, soda, water, vitamin water, chips, popcorn, and candy. Awesome. Let's go pay for this shit and leave," Joe said, heading to the counter with me close behind. He unloaded the basket and I dumped what was in my arms out onto the counter. The woman at the register stared at us with wide eyes. We had so much shit.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled it out and read -

From: Pete <3
where the fuck are you and joe. were on the bus waiting. hurry up.

ps- i love you.
Apr 28, 11:58 pm


I smirked and replied.

To: Pete <3
don't get your panties in a bunch, wentz. we'll be there soon. we're paying.

p.s. - i don't love you.
p.p.s. - that was a joke. i love you lots. <3
Apr 28, 11:59 pm


I pulled a twenty from my hoodie pocket and handed it to Joe, who in turn handed it to the cashier along with his money.

He got his change and I took the bags, sprinting out to the buses on the other end of the parking lot. Jesus Christ, why were they so far?

"Joe, stop running so fast!" I yelled after him as he quickly passed me.

"We gotta go, Munchkin. Pick up the pace!" He yelled over his shoulder. What a jerk.

I sighed and started running as fast as my little legs could carry me. I climbed on the bus, tired and out of breath. I handed the bags to Gabe when I met him at the front of the bus.

My eyes went wide as I saw pretty much everyone from tour on this fucking bus. We couldn't handle this many people.

Pete smiled and made his way over to me, "Hey, Rae."

"What the fuck, there are so many people," I said, staring at everyone. Ugh, Alex was here!

"Hey, calm down, it's just everyone in a band," He said like it was nothing. "And a few girlfriends."

I turned to him, giving him a look like he was stupid - which he was - "Pete, darling, that's about...twenty-three people on this one fucking bus."

"What's your point?" He asked, shrugging his shoulders a bit.

I sighed and shook my head at him, walking off towards the couch. I shoved Alex and Zack off the couch and stood on it, getting everyone's attention. "Hey, fuckers! We're watching Mean Girls first!"

"The fuck you are," Joe scoffed, grabbing me by the waist and setting me back down on the floor. "You can go in the back. We're watching The Goonies first."

"Fine," I said, grabbing the movie. "Everyone who wants to watch Mean Girls, follow me."

I popped the DVD in the DVD player and grabbed the remote, going to sit on the little couch. Jess, Lisa, Gabe, Ryland, Kara, Brendon, Cassadee, Jack, Alex, Vicky, Nate, and Jersey had all joined me in the back.

"You guys are officially the shit," I laughed, snuggling in between Gabe and Brendon.

"I know," Gabe smirked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Now play this shit!"

"Mean Girls is like...the greatest movie ever," Alex said, in complete seriousness. Everyone turned to look at him and he just shrugged, "What? A guy can't love Mean Girls?"

I rolled my eyes, pressing play.

*

I woke up halfway through Star Wars: Episode 5. My head was on Brendon's lap, and my body was strewn across Gabe and Alex's legs. Well damn. How I ended up like that - Wait, I remember.

Alex had gotten up to go get more movies after Mean Girls ended. He grabbed Home Alone one for Jack and Star Wars: Episode 5 for himself. Everyone back here pretty much fell asleep during Home Alone, while everyone at the front of the bus was still wide awake, watching Star Wars: Episode 4.

I got tired during Home Alone and wanted to lay down, so Gabe told me it was okay to lay on him. Brendon allowed me to lay on his lap. Alex was just whatever about it.

I looked around and noticed everyone was asleep now. The little clock on the DVD player flashed 4:18AM. Damn.

"Rae, are you awake?" I heard a sleepy voice ask from the floor.

I looked down and noticed Jack staring up at me with sleepy eyes. I giggled softly, "Yes, Jack?"

"Can I go sleep in your bunk? The floor is too hard," He whispered.

"Of course you can. Pete might be in there," I replied, just as softly as he did. "It's the bottom bunk on your right."

"That's okay. I like to cuddle anyways," He said, getting up and going to my bunk. He pulled back the curtain, kicked off his shoes, and climbed right in.

"Hi, Rache - what the fuck?" I heard Pete say, slightly startled.

"Hi, Pete," Jack answered quietly. "Go back to sleep."

I laughed, picturing Jack wrapping his arms around Pete's waist. That was hilarious. I needed to see if it was true. I slowly got up and made my way to my bunk, stepping over the sleeping band members. I pulled the curtain back slightly and saw just what I pictured - Jack with his arms around Pete. They were spooning.

I needed a picture. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and quickly snapped a picture of them, pulling the curtain closed right after so they wouldn't know who did it.

This picture would be going on Twitter later.

I walked back over to Brendon and slightly shook him, trying to get him to wake up. He opened his eyes slowly. "What?" He asked, his voice laced with sleep.

"Come sleep with me," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up. I dragged him to his bunk and climbed in first.

"Rae, why aren't you sleeping with Pete?" He asked, still sleepy as hell. He climbed in after me and closed the curtain.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and showed him the picture of Jack and Pete in the bunk that was just right across from this one. He grinned, then nodded.

"Well, you're mine for the night," He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yay, Brendon cuddles," I mumbled into his chest, falling asleep as soon as those words left my mouth.

***
April 28th, 2009. Boston, Massachusetts. 2:12PM

"You made a Twitter?" Jack asked, taking a sip of his soda as we sat in the greenroom.

"Yeah, so you should follow me," I smiled, looking up from my laptop. "My name is...Pete's name spelled backwards. I would try to say it, but that's hard."

"Wait...how do you spell Pete's name backwards?" He asked me seriously.

I stared at him, "Z...T...N...E...W...E...T...E...P. Was that so hard?"

"Yes," He laughed and took out his phone, going to follow me. "What caused you to make one?"

"Uh...this picture," I smirked, showing him the picture I had uploaded to Twitter earlier today. He ended up choking on his soda as he saw him with his arms around Pete. I bust out laughing.

"That's me and Pete! How'd you - you are such a bitch," He laughed, shaking his head. "The rest of the world needs to see this."

JackAllTimeLow: You bitches need to go follow my best friend @ztnewetep. And see me cuddling with her boyfriend @petewentz.

That caused me to laugh even harder. I refreshed the page and noticed I had a ton more followers than I had before.

They were all All Time Low fans. Hilarious.

"You tell those girls to do anything, and they listen, huh?" I giggled, glancing over at him.

"Yes. They are my minions and they do whatever I say," He said, looking up at me, then back down at his phone.

I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. I turned my attention back to the screen, noticing I had even more followers. Damn.

"You got a Twitter?" Pete said as soon as he walked through the door, looking up from his phone at me. "And this picture is really Jack and I?"

"Yes and yes," I nodded, grinning as he sat next to me.

"Awesome," He replied, looking back down at his phone, like Jack had done moments before.

I was in between two guys who were on Twitter on their phones. Well then. I decided to join them in their lurking of Twitter, and refreshed the page.

I noticed a tweet from Pete - haha, that rhymed! I giggled to myself.

petewentz: girlfriend got a twitter. finally. go follow her- @ztnewetep. ps- clever name

"Goddammit, I know right?" I laughed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "I'm so original it hurts."

"No, I think it's just me sitting on your leg. I'll get off," Jack said, inching his way off my leg.

I laughed and playfully smacked his shoulder, "You're so funny, I can't handle it."

"Goddammit, I know right?" He said, mocking me.

I handed my laptop to Pete and dove at Jack. He screamed loudly as I landed on him. We rolled off the couch and on to the floor. I had his hands pinned above his head.

"Mock me again, I dare you."

"Mock me again, I dare you," He smirked.

"You're such a twat," I said, trying to hide my grin.

"You're such a twat," He repeated, somehow flipping us over. He now had my hands pinned above my head.

"Dude, I wouldn't be in that pos - "

Before Pete could even finish the word "position", I kneed Jack in the balls. He collapsed on the floor next to me, clutching his nuts. I sat up, smirking, "How do you like that, bitch?"

He glared at me from his little fetal position before reaching out and punching me in the arm. I deserved that.

I got up off the floor and jumped on the couch next to Pete. I snuggled into his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

Jack groaned and got up, taking his seat on the couch next to me, "Why would you do that?"

"Self defense, Jack. Self. Defense," I replied.

"How do you put up with that, dude?" He asked Pete.

"I've learned not to do that. Unless we're having sex, I never do that," He said, shrugging, causing my head to move with his shoulders. I giggled and nodded.

"Damn, dude."

Alex burst through the door, pointing at me, "Why are you not following me?"

"Uh, what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Twitter, you idiot. You're not following me, but you're following Jack, Rian, Danny, Zack, and Matt? Do you hate me?" He asked, coming over and sitting on Jack's lap. He gave me the puppy dog look.

I didn't realize I wasn't following him. I guess I subconsciously blocked him out of my mind while I went on a following spree. I didn't want to deal with Alex. Ever since yesterday and the pool and the lyric book, I've grown to detest him again.

"I'm sorry, Lex. Really, I am," I sighed, grabbing the laptop out of Pete's lap. I went through Jack's following list and found Alex's. I clicked "follow", not really wanting to, but having to.

"Thank ya," He smiled, saluting me.

I forced out a big smile for him and even gave him a thumbs up. Talking to him in a couple days about those lyrics was going to be difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
jasdfkljaklsfd. hello. i need to go to bed because i have to get up in 3 1/2 hours. to leave for the beach yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

i just wanted to get this out for you guys. sorry it sucks. :/ i'll try to write when i'm at the beach mmkay.

thank you's-
iliketohavefun - thank you. :) and awww snap, really!? awesome. :D
Lovehasitsways - aw thanks. (:
peaceREB - there's a lot of trouble to be caused. ;D
rivals are insane - thank you, my dear. <3
capricorn1797 - thanksss. (:
Chachachloe - haha yaaaaaaay thank you! and zomg really? well, awesome! :D
gcchic7484 - thank you. :3<3
jaaaas - haha, aw, tis k. and ikr, st00pid alex~
ifeellikedancinbitch - hahaha, team pete! thank you sososososososoooooo much. <3
fly like flyzikk. - sljdglsdkgj thank you! i'm happy you like it! btw- i love your username. hahaha. :D<3

so, the amount of feedback on the last chapter was wonderful. thank you guys. like, really. it made me smile a whole lot. <3

leave me things to come back to? (:

x.