‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

07.

Rachel's POV

I shook my head as tears started to flow down my cheeks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Alex fucking Gaskarth was standing on stage, staring at me as he sang his shitty songs and played his shitty music.

No one else in the shitty band noticed I was even there, thank God. If they had noticed me, I would've shot myself.

I ran backstage, back towards the dressing rooms. I was going to kill Pete. What the fuck was he thinking keeping them a secret from me?

Actually, the better question was, what the hell was he thinking when he booked them to play on this fucking tour? He knew all about my past with them. He knew I wanted to stay hidden. Fuck, I hid so well for the past four years, then he goes and fucking blows it.

I was going to punch him so hard in the nuts it was ridiculous.

"Pete!" I screamed, slamming the dressing room door open.

Pete turned around, still buttoning up his jacket. He smiled at me, "Hey."

The guys all must've known why I stormed in here 'cause they just rolled their eyes and went back to working on getting their outfits and make-up perfect. They were doing this whole new thing, like, P!ATD did back in '05. Costumes, make-up, crazy stage...stuff. It was weird.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I spat, tasting the venom that came out of my mouth with those words.

"Why?" He asked, stopping what he was doing.

"The band that's on stage now," I replied, falling onto the couch. I was so upset with him, I could barely say anything.

His mouth made a perfect 'o' shape, understanding completely. He took a seat next to me, "Rachel, listen, I thought they deserved a chance to make it big. I mean, this is a once in a lifetime chance for them. They're really good, and they just need this. Oh, and I think you can forgive them."

I pouted and rested my head on his shoulder, "But, Pete..."

"No buts," He said, patting my head before planting a simple kiss on my lips.

"I hate you," I mumbled, folding my arms across my chest.

"No, you don't," He smirked. He stood up and ruffled my hair before going back to getting ready for the show.

I sank further down into the leather couch. Pete didn't really know the real reason why I didn't want to face Alex and the rest of them.

I just didn't think I would have the heart to tell him that the baby he thought was his, wasn't actually his. Whatever, he probably still thought it was his. And...I didn't think I could tell him that I accidentally killed it. I also thought that if I got close to Alex or Jack again, I would end up falling for one of them.

So, I guess there were two real reasons why I didn't want to face them.

Grabbing a pillow, I smooshed it over my face and started screaming loudly into it.

I felt something small hit my stomach. I removed the pillow from my face and saw Joe standing there, giving me the weirdest look ever.

"What?"

"Can you hand me my pick? I don't wanna reach for it," He laughed.

I looked down and saw why he didn't want to reach for it. It kinda fell down between my legs. He knew I would slap him if he did reach down there. It's happened before...

I laughed and grabbed it, "Why'd you throw it at me in the first place?"

"Why were you screaming into the pillow?" He retaliated.

"Touché, Trohman," I smirked, handing him the pick. I got up and sighed, running my hand through my hair. "Yo', Trick, where's Jess?"

"Um, check side stage? If she's not there, check the buses," He smiled.

"Why don't you just text her, dumbass?" Pete smirked.

"Fuck off, Wentz. I'm mad at you," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Thanks, Trick."

"I'm sleeping on Jess' bus tonight!" I added as I left the room. I walked down the long hallway, terrified of who could be coming around the corner any minute. Ugh, I didn't want to be doing this. Walking down a long hallway with your ex best friend/ex boyfriend on stage didn't really seem too smart. They could get off stage anytime and accidentally bump into me. Not good.

My pace quickened from a slow walk, to a quick jog. I wanted to get out of the venue as soon as I could, so I couldn't be spotted by Alex or anyone else in that dumb band. It was pretty pathetic how I was avoiding them. I hated confrontation.

I flashed my pass to a security guard and walked over to the buses. At least I was safe here. With them far away, I could walk as slowly as I wanted to.

I entered the code to get onto the bus. Yes, they had a code that you had to put in for the door to unlock. Since fans were always trying to sneak onto the bus, they had the buses super securitized. Pete didn't want anyone stealing his clothes again. He found them on eBay once. He had to buy them back from the fan...

Jess was sleeping nice and peacefully on the couch. That wouldn't last long. I needed her awake.

"Jess, wake up," I said, poking her face. When she didn't wake up like I told her to, I was forced to use a much more effective method.

I walked to the back of the bus and grabbed a fire extinguisher. Why they had this on the bus, I didn't - actually, I did know why they had this.

I sprayed her with the liquid carbon dioxide. She immediately sprang up, yelling, "Cold! Cold! Cold! What the fuck?!"

I laughed and set the fire extinguisher down, "I need to talk to you."

"Dude, fuck off. I swear, if I get frostbite because of you..." She mumbled as she got off the couch and walked toward the back of the bus to get clean clothes.

I picked up the red tube of liquid madness and sprayed it at her again, "You won't get frostbite! Pete's sprayed me with this shit thousands of times, and nothing's wrong with me!"

"I don't know about that," She mumbled, to what she thought was herself, but I heard her loud and clear.

"I need to talk to you!" I whined, spraying it again.

"Jesus Christ, Pete and you are so fucking alike it's fucking stupid!" She said, shaking her head as she sifted through some clothes that she had packed neatly away in her suitcase. That looked nothing like mine. Me and Pete's suitcases looked like a fucking tornado blew through them.

I rolled my eyes and sprayed her again. "And stop fucking spraying that thing at me!" She snapped, whipping around and pointing her finger at me.

"Make me," I smirked, spraying her again.

She ran towards me and I immediately darted off the bus, still carrying the red tube.

"Get back!" I shouted, spraying the contents of the can behind me.

"Stop it, you stupid bitch!" She shouted back at me.

People who had lawn seats were now staring at us as we ran around, shouting verbal threats at each other.

"Jesus, I just need to talk to you!" I yelled, finally stopping.

"About what?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"The band that's on stage now," I said, using the same exact words and tone I used on Pete, on her.

She looked down at the stage, squinting so she could see better.

"Ohhh," She breathed out. "It was all Pete's idea!"

"I know, I know, he told me earlier," I sighed, setting the red tube down. "He said I should 'forgive them'. I don't wanna!"

"Babe, people are staring. Let's go backstage or something," She sighed, placing an arm around my shoulder. "That's all out, right?"

I chuckled and pointed the nozzle at a bush, spraying the liquid, "Nope."

She laughed, shaking her head. "Anyways, why'd you need to talk to me about them?" She asked, shifting her attention to the stage.

"I don't wanna forgive Alex or Jack!" I blurted out. Fans around us stared at us like we were crazy. I could be classified as crazy, though.

"Well, why not?" She asked, sitting down on a curb. She pat the spot next to her for me to sit.

I shrugged and sat down next to her, "I dunno. I'm afraid I'll end up falling for one of them again. I love Pete, and I don't wanna lose what we have."

"Rachel, if you truly loved Pete, you wouldn't fall for Jack or Alex. And if you did, you would tell them that you can't be around them anymore," Jess said softly.

"I don't wan - "

"Hey, are you Patrick Stump's girlfriend?" A girl asked, approaching Jess.

"Um, depends on what you want..."

"Oh, you are a bitch," She said, screwing up her face. "Hey, guys, I told you she was a bitch! Hale, you owe me twenty bucks!"

"Can I?" I asked, a glint of hope in my eyes.

"Please do," Jess sighed, covering her face with her hand in disgust.

I smiled evilly and stood up, grabbing my red can of wonders. I ran over to the group of annoying middle school age looking girls.

I sprayed them with the cold liquid and shouted, "How do you like that, bitches?! Do not fuck with my friends!"

They all screamed at the feel of it. Pussies.

"Rachel, run!" Jess shouted, scrambling to her feet. I ran behind her, following her in the direction of the stage.

The small pre-teens chased us - mainly me - throughout the mass of people occupying the lawn.

"Isn't that Pete Wentz's girlfriend?" I could hear someone ask as I ran by.

"Yes!" I shouted, waving to her. "I would love to stay and chat, but I've literally got to run!"

"Keep running!" Jess screamed, running down the auditoriums stairs. I flashed my pass for the security guards and ran down the stairs, still carrying my canister.

Jess and I shoved our way through the crowd. Fuck, this pit was ridiculous. When we finally shoved our way through, Jess jumped the barricade, earning stares from the band on stage. AKA, All Time Low.

"Jess, catch!" I yelled, throwing the canister at her. She caught it as I jumped the barricade. I quickly scampered away from the stares I was getting from fans, security, and All Time Low.

Fuck. This.
♠ ♠ ♠
guys i hate school. like i really, really hate school. i can't wait til i graduate. sdghksdg it's so soooooooon. :D

yes well anyways...DEVIN IS LEAVING VERSAEMERGE. ;__________________________________________________; I LOVED DEVIN SO MUCH OMG HE WAS ALWAYS SO NICE TO ME WHEN I MET HIM WAHHHHHHH. ;-;-;-;-;-;
/creys.

lolihonestlycriedlastnight:|

moving back to the story -
ohhhhhhhhh shhhhhhnap. ;D

what do you think is gonna happen nextttttttt? tell me? :D:D

i love -
rivals are insane
Chachachloe
Alwaysshoutforever
iliketohavefun
Hell's.Angel
and to all of you subscribers. <3

now i must get off 'cause it looks like it's gonna storm any minute now. leave me comments to come back to? :)

x.