‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

09.

Rachel's POV

April 7th, 2009 - Event Center - San Jose, CA.

Four days. Four fucking days I had been avoiding one stupid band. I couldn't believe it.

Catering? Hah. I had anyone bring me food. Band members, roadies, security guards, you name it, they were getting me food. I didn't want to accidentally bump into one of the guys from ATL.

I didn't listen to them play at all. I didn't want to. Just hearing that one song - which I found out was named Remembering Sunday because Alex lost someone very close to him…AKA me - was enough to make me never go back.

It was so pathetic how I wouldn't leave the greenroom, bus, or Pete's side for fear of running into someone. Everyone told me to suck it up and just go talk to them. I laughed at them, then ran to be with Pete.

"Stop following me," Pete said, slightly shoving me back.

"I wouldn't have to fucking follow you if you didn't fucking invite my damn past to join you on this fucking tour!" I whisper-yelled at him as we walked down the long hallway.

"Think you said 'fucking' enough?" Pete smirked, raising his eyebrow suggestively at me. Ugh.

I rolled my eyes and smacked him upside the head.

"Look out!" Someone screamed from behind us. I turned around and saw a very muscular looking boy coming toward us on a skateboard.

I ran out of the way, watching him as he stopped. He picked up his board and walked back to Pete and me. Something about this dude looked very familiar.

I studied his face as Wentz started to ramble on about something to him. He was soooo familiar…

Then it hit me. He was Zack. Zack fucking Merrick was standing not even three feet away from me. Oh, my God, I wanted to run away and just never look back. Why did Pete do this to me. Why. Why. Motherfucking why?!

He broke his stare at Pete, turning to look at me. Shit fuck. My eyes quickly darted away from his.

"Hi, Rachel," He smiled at me.

My heart stopped. Why. How did he know?! How did he find out?!

Fuck, I hated Pete. I glared at Pete, sending him the biggest mental middle finger I could. I didn't give a fuck if he couldn't read my mind. He probably knew what I was thinking anyways.

I stared at Zack, not being able to form words. He looked at me, a little confused, "Rae? Hello?"

I finally spit something out, "He - hello, Zachary."

He chuckled, pulling me into a hug. I didn't want to be touched! Who told him he could touch me?

I awkwardly hugged back, only to be polite. Fuck my good upbringing and the need to be polite.

I. Fucking. Hated. Pete.

"I missed you," He said, still smiling.

"Yeah...um. How'd you know it was me?" I asked, staring at him. He was so muscly now. Holy shit. And his hair was curly!

"I heard Cassadee call you Rachel," He shrugged. "I just put two and two together."

I nodded. Dammit. "Oh, fuck, Joe's calling," I mumbled, walking away from them. I answered my phone, quickly thanking Joe for that call that could've possibly saved my life.

"Well, Munchkin, come to the bus. I've got something for you," He laughed.

I giggled and hung up the phone. "Pete, Joe's got something for me back at the bus! Peace!"

I ran off towards the buses. I fucking loved Joe so much right now.

I darted onto the bus and saw Joe sitting on the small couch, holding a Wii remote in one hand, playing Wii Sports. He would.

"What doth thou haveth for me?" I giggled, sitting down next to him.

He pointed at the table. I looked and noticed a plate of brownies. Fuck yeah. I gasped and grabbed the plate, setting it on my lap. I took a bite out of one of the brownies. Holy shit this was fantastic.

"Fuck, Trohman, I adore you," I giggled, kissing his cheek.

*

"No, no, no, Joe, you can't put the X there...what the fuck, don't erase my O for your own personal - oh, fuck you!" I giggled, scribbling over his newly drawn X. Yes, Joe and I were playing tic-tac-toe. In the dressing room. High as fuck.

"No, why'd you erase my X? That was such a beautiful - Pete!" He exclaimed as Pete strolled through the door.

"Hey, man, let's go. We've got interviews," Pete said to Joe, ignoring me.

"Well, hello to you too, honey bear," I smiled, standing up and hugging him.

"Uh, hi, babe. I've got interviews. Jess is somewhere around here with Suarez, just so you know," He said, smiling. "Oh, and can you take Hemingway for a walk?"

"Yeah, okay. I've got a strong urge to skate. So, I'll bring him with me, and I'll see you after interviews?" I said, ready to run out of the room as soon as he shook his head yes.

He nodded once and I bolted out of the room. I ran as fast as my heel clad feet could carry me.

I climbed on the bus, getting my skateboard and Hem. "Come on, Hemingway, we're going skating!" I squealed, dropping the board and instantly getting on it. Hemingway chased after me as I skated towards the venue.

"Girl and her dog coming through!" I shouted as I skated through the venue doors. I giggled, watching people dart out of the way. So funny.

"Sup, Rae?" Gabe laughed as I sailed on by him. I turned my head and saluted him, giggling like a freak.

When I turned around, I saw someone in my way. I tried to go around them, but it was too late. I collided with the dude wearing some fucking glittered shorts and a cut up top. Stupid fucking -

"Holy shit," The dude gasped as I landed on him. My board rolled in the opposite direction of us. Hemingway started chasing it. God dammit. Now I was gonna have to chase a damn dog on a board. I started giggling at the thought.

I stood up and helped the glittered shorts man up. I gasped when I noticed who it was. Fucking Rian motherfucking Dawson. Fuck.

"Oh, hey, Rae," Rian said casually, dusting himself off. I stared at him in awe. How did he know it was me!? "Kara confirmed it."

I gasped again. Kara told him! I should've known. I missed my Kar-bear...I needed to call her soon.

"Have you known this whole time?" I finally spit it.

"Yup," He laughed. "I must say, it's impressive how you've avoided us all for four days. And it's even more fucking impressive that you were just skating in heels."

I had no idea what to say to that. I just stood there awkwardly, staring at him. He changed the most out of all of them. His hair was now...gone. Shaved it off. Bam. Gone. He had a slight beard? He was a muscly. And the most amazing thing - the fucking glittered shorts.

The only thing that was the same was his teeth. They were so fucking beautiful and shiny!

"Your teeth...so shiny..." I blurted out. My eyes went wide. Why did that slip out!? What the hell?!

He laughed and grabbed me, bringing me into the biggest hug ever. Holy fuck. I struggled to breathe. "Rian..." I choked out.

He chuckled and let go, "Sorry, Rae. It's just good seeing you. I missed you, you know. It was so hard not to tell the guys where you were."

"You've known since I left, haven't you?"

"Yep, Kara didn't even have to really tell me. You posted some pictures on FOB's Myspace. I thought it was your photography. By the way, your photography has gotten way better, as if that was even possible," He smiled, flashing his beautiful teeth.

I stared at his teeth. Seriously, they were the most beautiful teeth I've ever seen. I slowly reached out and poked them. That caught him off guard. He swatted my hand away from his mouth.

"Why did you just do that?"

"Your teeth are just so pretty, Rian..." I breathed out.

"Wait a minute, are you high?"

"Pssh...no way," I laughed nervously, shaking my head. "I gotta go find my dog. I'll catch you later, yeah? Okay, bye."

I darted off in the other direction that I last saw Hemmy go in. I hated running in heels.

What I hated even more than running in heels, was the fact that one half of All Time Low had bumped into me within two hours.

Alex and Jack better not bump into me any time at all during the rest of the day. I wouldn't be able to handle it.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

YAY! ZACK AND RIAN FOUND HER~*~*~* :DDD

i wrote most of this in 6th period today bwahhahaha. :|

i might go see atl saturday!!!!! i'm excited. :D

OH AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE READY TO GO VIDEO!?!? BAAAAAAAAH SO AWESOME. BDEN IS SO HNNNNNG. *-*

and idk i have nothing really else to say hmmmm...yeah...

thanks :3 -
rivals are insane - <3
Chachachloe - gah, i'm so jealous of you! you've seen them acoustic and normal! i would've loved to see them acoustic! but i might go saturday so yay!!! :D:D:D
Alwaysshoutforever - thank you! <3
Hell's.Angel - hmmm, you know rae...so...maybe. ;D
JaffaCakes - oh thank you! i'm glad you like it. :)<3

thoughts? :)

x.