‹ Prequel: Race Against Time

We'll Be Okay

When You Got A Good Thing

Don had stopped by Isabella's place by subway. They were taking her beloved truck because Isabella had wanted to take Boomer, her Black Lab. He knocked on the door of her apartment and heard running footsteps. After seeing each other last night, they'd agreed to take it slow and see where it lead. It was hard to erase two years of love for them.
"Coming!" a female voice yelled from the other side of the door. So familiar to him. The door flung open and his petite little country girl stood in the doorway. She was barefoot, but wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top.
"Oh, do come in", she said, with a giggle. Her short jet-black hair hung in her face, obviously having not been properly brushed yet, but her hair didn't hide the sparkle in her beautiful blue-green eyes. Don stepped in. He knew the guys at the precinct were right. He was a very, very lucky man.
[Everybody keeps telling me I'm such a lucky man. Looking at you standing there, I know I am]

They walked hand in hand to the park, Isabella holding her shoes in her hand. The sun hit her just perfectly and he watched in awe as she tilted her head back against the sun, clearly welcoming its warmth.
[Barefooted beauty with eyes that blue, sunshine sure looks good on you, I swear]

Isabella looked up at Don and her heart swelled. She felt like the luckiest woman in the world. They'd gone through so much to be together.
[Oh I can't believe I finally found you baby. Happy ever after after all this time]

She knew there would be tons more fights and lots more trouble, but she knew they would be just fine as long as they had each other.
[Oh, there's gonna be some ups and downs, but with you to wrap my arms around, I'm fine]

"Something you like, Rambo?" Don teased. Isabella rolled her eyes. She squeezed his hand and slid her shoes back on. She hugged him tightly and pecked him on the cheek.
[So baby, hold on tight. Don't let go]

He kissed her gently on the lips. They were made for each other, it was obvious to everyone around them. They were so wrong for each other, they were right. What they had was the best thing of all: each other.
[Hold onto the love we're making, 'cause baby, when the ground starts shaking, you gotta know when you got a good thing]

Don squeezed her hand back and walked up to everyone. Watching people constantly talk to the both of them, wanting to know if the 'Beyonce and Jay-Z of the NYPD' were back. They both found themselves chatting animatedly with everyone.
[You know, you keep on bringing out the best in me. And I need you now, even more than the air I breathe]

Isabella let out a giggle as Don nibbled on her neck, growling playfully. He always knew how to make her laugh.
"Stop, stop, stop!" she giggled. She growled back and tackled him down.
[You can make me laugh when I wanna cry, this will last forever, I just know. Oh, I know]

"So you two are back with a vengeance, eh?" Danny said. Isabella stuck her tongue out at him. Wrestling around was always fun. She let out a maniacal giggle as Don pinned her down.
"Say uncle", he growled. She shook her head, spitting out a lock of hair from her mouth. She wriggled against his grip and flipped him onto his back. She sat down on his stomach.
"I'm an MMA first degree-black belt", she reminded him.
[So baby, hold on tight. Don't let go]

Don couldn't believe his girlfriend had pinned him down. They'd play-fought all the time, but they were both too competitive.
[Hold onto the love we're making, 'cause baby when the ground starts shaking, you gotta know when you got a good thing]

"Alright, uncle", he growled. Isabella gave him a bright smile and helped him to his feet.
"PDA, you two. Not polite for current company", Mac said. Isabella stuck her tongue out and gave Don a kiss.
"Seriously, get a room, you two", Danny complained.
"Sorry, sorry", Isabella mumbled.
"At least we're not all over each other at work", Don pointed out. Isabella rolled onto her back under the shade. She was almost asleep before she felt something pounce on her stomach. Instinctively, she grabbed the assailant and tossed it off, rolling to her feet to fight.
"Sarah, you bitch! You're not supposed to sneak up on me", Isabella scolded.
"I dunno, I think it'd be hot if Sarah and Izzy got into it", Don muttered. Isabella gave him a look.
"I'd win. Now, me and Levi...we'd be tearing up grass", she replied. She looked up at her brother and gave him a wry smile.
"Alright, Izzy. Come at me", her brother said, standing up. Isabella smirked and ducked for her brother. Levi swooped down and picked her up. He flipped her onto the ground. Isabella did a sweep-kick and held him in a headlock in seconds.
"You're gonna let a girl kick your ass? C'mon, Levi!" Sarah cheered. After a bit, they both agreed it was a tie.
"C'mon, let's go", Don said, rolling his eyes. Isabella threaded her fingers in his and walked with him and Boomer back to the truck. They got in and turned on the radio. A country song was playing. 'When You Got A Good Thing' by Lady Antebellum. Isabella and Don looked at each other and they knew. Everything was going to be okay.