Status: Based off a Role Play with Butterfly Wings. Will update when I can.

Wings of Love

Chapter One: Hermes

A tall statue of a boyish figure with wings on his feet stood on the pedestal. The statue held a staff as it the candles at the base casted a pale orange yellowy glow.

Every tear drop I shed was in mourning.

My my mother, my last living relative had just died, leaving me all alone. I didn't have any other family for my mother was an orphan and my father had died before he even knew that he was actually going to be a father.

So I was all alone in the world. Yes, a sixteen year old girl being all alone with no family.

No friends.

Nobody.

Nothing.

I had nothing and no one now.

All I had were the memories of my mother from when she was alive. She was a beautiful, vibrant woman. Always smiling, no matter how hard things were. Mama was always cheerful. She hated seeing people down, including me.

Whenever I was sad, hurt, or angry, Mama would always take me out for ice cream. We would sit on the park benches for hours, talking and laughing our fears away.It was just the two of us and that was our own little world.

She always said that I was the only thing she needed to be happy. And it was true.

As I sat there, knelt before the statue of Hermes, I closed my eyes. I prayed with all my heart and soul to not be alone.

'Please don't make me alone. Please...' I begged over and over in my heart. I did't know whether the Gods could hear me or not. That is if they even existed. But praying was all I had left now.

By tomorrow, everything of Mama's would be cleaned out, given away, and sold. I would be left with nothing but whatever bills Mama hadn't paid for, and then I would be shifted from foster family to foster family until I either got adopted or turned eighteen. But no one would ever want to adopt a sixteen year old girl unless they themselves had lost a daughter to my likeness.

So hoping for adoption was definitely out of the question. I didn't want to leave my school and home behind. Leaving here would mean that I would be leaving my life and Mama behind. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to stay and finish school so that I could fulfill my dreams of becoming a great pianist.

Just as Mama had wanted me to be.

My lips started to tremble now. The tears were burning in my eyes, blurring my vision of the world. I didn't know what to do. All I could do was sit there and cry.

Minutes turned into hours and time still kept ticking away. My green gaze flickered to the statue of the Messenger God. No response.

My only option left now was to commit suicide. I know it seems selfish, but people had often followed their loved ones in death by taking their own life. And I felt that I had to do it.

Taking in a deep breath, I slowly reached into my coat pocket. I began to pull out the dagger that I had hidden when a hand appeared out of nowhere, covering mine.

"You don't need to take your life, Sarene." Said a voice behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter isn't great or long for that matter, but I got one out. And this story is just starting out. :)