Status: Will continue around November!

We Just Need Time

Getting Rid Of Val

Matt drives while me and Val sit in back seats talking. Well actually, she's talking about some meet up she had with Audrey Patridge or something like that,obviously trying to impress me but I secretly ignore her. Instead,I use my listening strategy. I pick up key words in every sentence so when she asks something like 'Guess what happens next?' or 'You can say that again,' I'll actually know what she's talking about.

When Matt announces that we're at the house,I literally jump from the car,almost throwing myself to the lush green grass in their yard. God can Val talk/brag.

Matt lets out a hearty laugh as I sprawl out across the grass. Val gets out of the car and frowns down at me.

“Are you ok? Do you have cramps? Is it your time of the month? I can lend you some protection if you need it.”She takes a tampon out of her bag and stick it out to me.

Matt just shits laughter. He's sprawled out on the pavement when he finishes.

I feel my anger boil over as my face involuntarily flushes from embarrassment.

Oh now it's official,Valary DiBenedetto has to go. NOW.

I swat the tampon out of her hand and grab her outstretched hand, pulling myself up and making her go falling face first onto the ground. She groans and rolls over to her back. I offer her my hand,slyly sliding a rock in the way of her heel.

As I pull her up,one of her heels break off.

“My shoes!!”She shrieks. Val tries to stand up but falls flat on her ass.

I smirk in victory. That's until Matt picks her up,cradling her in his arms, and takes her inside.

I growl. She always wins!!

Stomping into the house,I slam the door close and follow Matt and Val up the stairs. He lays her on the bed and gets out her suitcases while she changes shoes.

C'mon!! She could have easily toke her shoes off,but nooo,she had to get Matt to carry her!! Son of a b- “Avril?”

“Yes Matt?”I say politely.

“Can you help Val pack? ZV just called and there's a problem down at the studio.”

I inwardly smirk.

“Sure Matt,why not?”I clasp my hand together to effect. Glancing at Val,I catch her looking at me weirdly. I walk over and throw an arm around her bony shoulder. “Val and I will be finished in no time and, who knows? We might becomes Bffs.”

Matt chuckles. “Alright,I'll see you girl in 5 minutes.”

With that,Matt walks out of the room.

As soon as the front door closes,I start throwing random clothes in Val's suitcase.

“Hey Avril,I was wondering if we could...maybe become closer.” I can hear the sweetness in her voice and it makes me envy her once again. Val always sounds sweet,no matter what.

I turn around and come face-to-face with Val. I glare into her bright hazel eyes. She's always had the prettiest eyes. More prettier than my dull brown ones.

“I know you like Matt....”She stalls.

“No I don't now move,”I push her out of the way and throw a bikini- a teeny tiny one might I add-into the suitcase.

“He likes you too and I just want you to know that when I leave,I'm not coming back.”She shyly moves some of her blonde hair out of her round face.

“Why would you do that,”I ask,dropping the acid in voice.

“Because he loves you-”

“It's lust Val,”

“No...It's love. He looks at you the same way he used to look at me. He loves you Avril....but you just have to let him in. I know you lust after him but lust can turn into love and I should know.”

“Matt is your husband Val,you just can't leave him.”I state vaguely, part concerned and part upset. It won't be fun if he isn't married or if he's upset.

Once I turn around,Valary hugs me. She smells like vanilla.....

I was said to smell like flower but vanilla is 10 times better then flowers...I wonder what she uses. Maybe it's her shampoo. I discreetly smell my hair.

Valary pulls back and smiles at me. “I hope you two are happy.” I would believe her if only her eyes tell me she really wants to do what she's about to do.

“Stay with Matt,please Val he'll be crushed.”I plead.

“He'll have you.”She replies softly,wringing her hands.

Just as Val finishes talking,Matt calls us down.

Val throws in some underwear and feminine products and zips her suitcase up. She pulls it off the bed and hurries downstairs before I can offer to help her.

By the time I'm downstairs,Val's kissing Matt like her life depends on it. My heart starts beating wildly against my chest. Soon Matt will be hurt and alone and it will be all my fault.

Val pulls away.

“Umm,C'mon Avril,let's get you home so you can pack.”Matt says, gasping for breath and trying to cool his flushed face.

“Actually,Matt,Avril wears the same size as me so she doesn't need to go anywhere....she can stay here and wait.”Val answers for me.

I don't protest.

As soon as Matt and Val leave,I turn off all the lights in the house and sit on the leather couch,mindlessly watching TV. I like it dark. It gives me time to think about things......

I just ruined Matt and Val's relationship because of my desire to fuck him senseless. And Val....Val just gave him up,like that. She didn't show any emotions,she didn't show any body language. She just gave him up without a fight.

I can never be that good. It's one of the things I envy her for. She knows when to give up and she has damn good excuses for giving up. She's strong and independent. Something I can never be.

~*~
I don't know how long I'm sitting there but the door is thrown open and then slammed close.

Big tattooed arms wrap around me and warm breath lands on my neck.

I don't move.

“Avril,”Matt sniffs.

I don't respond,I just stare into space.

“Val left me.”Tears hit my bare shoulder.

“I need you Avril. Come upstairs with me.”

And like a lost puppy,I follow him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea....kind of a bummer,right?
I know I'm not that good of an writer.....