Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

You reprimanded.

Tonight we were at a party together. But not just any party – a homosexuals only party. Yes, I know, it sounds a bit lame, but when I was with Tyler we went to these parties together a lot. Something about Tyler wanting to show every other jealous gay college boy what they can’t have. When we weren’t at one of Hayley’s raves, we went to one of these parties. I haven’t been to one since Tyler and I broke up because 1) I didn’t have anyone to go with because neither Beth or Johnny are gay, and 2) I hadn’t seen the organisers in a long time. But that changed yesterday.

“Colm? Drew Colm?”

I let go of Sean’s hand and turned around, before grinning.

“Toby fucking Greenward! How the fuck have you been?” I laughed.

“Pretty damn good, although I’ve missed your pretty face,” the 5ft 11 red-headed beauty flirted.

I rolled my eyes. “You know Tyler and I broke up,”

“Mm, what a shame that was. Still at least a fine piece of ass like you is back on the market,” Toby smirked.

“Actually, I’m not. This is my boyfriend Sean,” I said with my own smirk.

“Hi,” Sean squeaked.

Toby eyed him up and down. “The submissive shy type, huh? I’m guessing some form of Art student? And you’re older than you look,”

Sean’s eyes widened, but I just laughed. If there’s one thing Toby knows, it’s guys.

“It was great to see you, but we’ve got to get going,” I smiled, taking Sean’s hand.

“Back for some bedroom fun, huh? You never change, Colm. But before you go, I’m holding another party tonight – you should come. And bring your new boy,” Toby grinned.

“Sure,” I nodded.

Why not? It could be fun.


*

After explaining to Sean about the types of parties Toby and his friends hold, we ended up at Toby’s house at 11pm. Sean was nervous, I could tell, but there was nothing he had to worry about. I wasn’t going to let him out of my sight.

“So let me get this right – there will be only gay people here?” Sean asked.

“Yuh huh. It’s an orgy for single people, pretty much, or somewhere to have some fun with your partner for non-single people. Most people end up in their boxers or less by the end of the night, and most people don’t remember the night tomorrow morning,” I explained.

“Then why would they go?!” Sean exasperated.

“Because it’s fun to just let go sometimes,” I grinned.

Sean stayed silent for a few seconds, chewing his bottom lip as we walked up to the front door.

“Please don’t leave me on my own,” Sean asked suddenly.

I smiled. “I wouldn’t dream of it,”

2 hours later, Sean’s attitude was very different. We were in the middle of the make-shift dancefloor, pressed chest to chest and back to back with dozens of half naked guys, and Sean was drunk out of his mind (and was also one of the half naked guys).

“This is so much fun! Why haven’t we been to one together before?” Sean asked loudly, swaying enthusiastically to the music.

“I haven’t seen Toby around for a while, I guess. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself,” I laughed, pulling him closer to me.

Sean giggled and pulled me down for a hot, messy kiss, making me moan softly and clutch at his bare waist. Fuck, he’s different when he’s wasted.

“I’m going to get a drink. Do you want one?” Sean asked, breaking our kiss.

“Nah, I’m fine. Do you want me to come with you?” I replied, shaking my head.

“Nah, I’m fine,” Sean mocked, sticking his tongue out.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay? A hot piece of ass like you will get ravaged in a party like this,” I frowned.

“How do you even know that?” Sean giggled.

Because Tyler and I used to go to these parties together all the time, and as soon as either of us were alone, we were pounced on.

“Because you’re mine, and everyone wants what I have,” I smirked.

Sean giggled and pressed a kiss to my lips before pulling away.

“I’ll be fine. I’m just going to the kitchen to get us a drink and I’ll be right back, I promise,” Sean grinned.

I smiled at his enthusiasm and nodded. At least he’s trying to fit into my old world. “Sure. I’ll be right here, or I’ll come and find you if you’re not back soon, okay?”

“Okay!” Sean said happily.

He pecked my lips one more time before he slid out of my arms and through the crowd. I shook my head in amusement and started to sway my hips again, getting lost in the music. I haven’t been to one of these parties, or any party at all really, in such a long time and it’s kind of fun just to kick back and let go. I flinched in surprise as I felt two hands slide around my waist, but as soon as I got a dick grinding against my ass I knew Sean wasn’t behind me. Turning my head, I confirmed this, seeing a bulky blonde boy leering at me. I may be taller than him, but he’s much broader than I am. And fuck, I can smell the alcohol and weed on his breath from here.

“I’m taken,” I said as politely as I could, taking his hands off me.

But he grabbed my hips again. Now he’s pushing it.

“So? You know you want it, sugar,” he drawled, his hot breath streaking across my cheek.

“Fuck off,” I spat, pushing him off me.

The boy stepped towards me again, only making me angrier, but then someone stepped between us. Tyler?! What the fuck is he even doing here?! And what the fuck is he doing now?!

“Get the fuck away from him and stay the fuck away, or I’ll rip your fucking throat out,” Tyler growled, clenching his fists.

Even drunk and stoned, the boy understood how serious Tyler was being and left us. Tyler glanced down at me, sighed, and walked away. Oh no, he’s not getting away with doing something like that and then disappearing. It took me until we got to the hallway to catch up with him, and I spun him around with a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t walk away from me like this, Ty,” I said firmly.

“I can do what I fucking want,” Tyler spat.

“Including getting sleazy guys away from me even though I can defend myself – just like you used to?” I said, raising an eyebrow.

Tyler gritted his teeth and clenched his fists again, and looked away from me. I sighed and rested my hands on his shoulders, knowing it always used to get him to look at me. And it still does.

“Just tell me why,” I said softly, barely audible over the music.

“I’ll always protect you, no matter what. We may not even be friends, Drew, but I’ll always care about you. I guess it’s second nature now to get rid of sleazy guys away from you,” Tyler said with a small sad smile.

I bit my bottom lip as I looked into his eyes, finding nothing but truth. Fuck, he really does still care about me like I care about him. So I did the only thing I could think of. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. Tyler froze slightly, before he hugged me back just as tightly, pressing his nose into my hair just like he used to. I smiled and squeezed a little tighter before letting him go, kissing his cheek in a friendly way before stepping backwards slightly. Tyler was still smiling sadly, but without the heavy burden in his eyes that there was before.

“Can we try not to hate each other any more?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” Tyler nodded.

I smiled, fighting not to hug him again. I’ve missed his friendship, even if we’re never going to be anything more than that again. I’m with Sean now, and Sean’s good for me, so I’ve got to remember that.

“I’d better go and find Sean. He only knows me here,” I told him.

“Lee’s here - he knows Lee, doesn’t he?” Tyler said, raising an eyebrow.

“You know that?” I frowned.

“Yeah Lee told me about him after our little confrontation a couple of weeks ago. I was a little surprised that Lee actually liked him, but if Lee likes him then I guess he can’t be a bad guy,” Tyler shrugged.

I bit my bottom lip to hide my grin. Maybe everything can work out after all.

“I’ll see you around?” I asked hopefully.

“Yeah, definitely,” Tyler nodded.

I smiled one last time before I headed towards the kitchen. Before I walked into the crowded room, I glanced over my shoulder. Tyler was still staring at me, but his smile was no longer sad. I couldn’t help but smile even more at that.

“Drew!” Sean said happily, appearing in front of me.

I let him fling his arms around me, hugging him back as I glared at the preying drunks around us. That’s right, he’s mine, back off.

“Got your drink, babe?” I asked, pushing his long hair out of his eyes.

“I already drank it,” Sean grinned widely.

“Then I think it’s time for us to dance again,” I mused.

Sean whooped and grabbed my hand, leading me out to the dancefloor. Maybe everything could work out after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't even start to think that the drama is over ;)

Feedback is appreciated!
xo