Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

See my lips and just come running.

“Uh, Drew, why is Sean asleep in your arms?” Clark frowned.

I smiled weakly at my Aunt Katy and laid the unconscious boy down on the sofa, Tyler standing next to me while Jesse and Imogen crouched down next to Sean.

“I guess I should explain huh?” I said softly.

*

Two days ago

“Are you guys sure you don’t mind taking me back home? I feel bad about Tyler having to hire out an extra car just to take my stuff,” Sean frowned.

“Sean, it’s okay, you said yourself that you’d be getting a cab back to Omaha, and that would be an expensive 27 hour cab ride, especially with how much stuff you have! Just chip in for petrol and we’re all good,” Tyler mused.

“I still feel bad that you’re going out of your way for me,” Sean insisted.

“It’s fine! And Omaha isn’t that far out of the way. It’s a 27 hour drive through Nevada, Wyoming, and Nebraska to get to Omaha, and we’d probably stop overnight in Des Moines anyway, which is only another 2 hours after dropping you home, so it’s okay. And then it’s just another 9 hours until we’re back in Toledo. We’d be taking pretty much the same route back anyway, so it’s fine,” I explained, laughing softly.

Sean still looked uncertain, but he nodded. I smiled and pecked a kiss to Tyler’s lips, before taking a step backwards.

“Now, are you sure that’s all of your stuff? We’ve already moved all our stuff into the house for next year, so this is our last stop before we start the journey home,” Tyler asked Sean.

“Yeah, I’ve got everything. Snowdrop’s travelling in the car with you, right?” Sean asked nervously.

I snickered at Tyler’s grimace. Yeah, Tyler doesn’t exactly like cats, but he said as long as Sean’s cat stays in its cage for the journey then he’ll be fine.

“Yeah, the cat is travelling with me. Make sure you feed it and give it water and whatever, because I won’t be,” Tyler said dryly.

Sean just nodded and walked over to the side of Tyler's hired Range Rover. I smiled and slid my arms around Tyler’s waist, pulling him against my body.

“It was really sweet of you to think of driving Sean back, by the way, no matter how much you’ll deny that you had any part in the decision,” I murmured, resting my forehead against his.

“Like I said to him, we’re going that way anyway. Besides, I’m sure you can think of some way to thank me,” Tyler purred.

I blushed but nodded. I can’t wait until our motel night in Des Moines, let me tell you now. Tyler grinned and pressed a slow kiss to my lips, his hands squeezing my hips gently.

“Uh, Snowdrop’s good to go,” Sean said hesitantly.

Tyler growled softly so only I could hear but pulled away from me.

“Let’s get moving then, hmm?” Tyler smiled.

I pecked his lips one last time before beckoning Sean towards my old car. If only I’d known what chaos this journey would bring.

*

28 hours later

“This is it. This is my house,” Sean mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Due to traffic and stops to refill gas, the journey to Sean’s house in Omaha had taken an hour longer than we’d thought. Oh well. We’re here now, that’s what’s important. I yawned and cut the engine, stretching my arms and legs with a groan as we got out the car. Holy shit it feels good to be standing up again. Tyler got out of his car and walked over to us with a tired smile.

“So. Tired,” he grumbled, running a hand through his hair.

“I’ll go open the front door and then we can unload the car, and then you guys can stay for dinner or something? It’s the least I can do,” Sean offered.

Tyler smiled. Good.

“Sounds like a plan,” I nodded.

Sean smiled tiredly and walked up to his front door. I just leant against the side of my car, Tyler standing in front of me and gently resting his forearms on my shoulders.

“We just have to make it to Des Moines and then you’re all mine for the night,” Tyler groaned, resting his forehead against mine.

“I can’t fucking wait,” I sighed happily.

“I can’t wait to fuck,” Tyler said bluntly.

I laughed and punched him lightly in the stomach, making him grunt slightly but press a gentle kiss to my lips. I heard a gasp in the background, but I ignored it. What? I’m just innocently kissing my boyfriend. Big deal.

“Fucking faggots,”

Tyler broke the kiss and stepped away from me, glaring up at Sean’s house. Sure enough, there was a man and a woman standing next to Sean, each looking disgusted. I clenched my fists, trying to control my temper.

“Dad!” Sean hissed, his cheeks bright red with embarrassment.

“If I had known you were friends with faggots, I wouldn’t have let you get a ride from them,” Sean’s dad sneered, glaring at Tyler and I like we were vermin.

Let him get a ride from us? Friends with faggots? I have every urge to let Tyler loose at that homophobe.

“Dad, stop being so homophobic. They’re my friends,” Sean said desperately.

“I’m not being homophobic, I’m being realistic. You know full well that being…gay…is wrong,”

Holy shit, no wonder Sean was so in denial about his sexuality before he met me, if this is the kind of bullshit he’s grown up with. Holy shit. Sean looked over at us with tears in his eyes, before he looked back at his parents.

“It’s not wrong,” Sean said shakily.

“Excuse me?” his mom gasped, finally speaking.

“It’s not wrong because…because I’m gay. And I won’t let you talk to my friends like this,” Sean choked.

Fuck. What a way to come out. Tyler and I jogged towards the house as Sean’s dad turned a violent shade of purple. This can’t end well. But we were too late to stop Sean’s dad clenching his fist and swinging it at Sean, catching him in the jaw. Shit! Tyler growled as Sean dropped to the floor with a cry, his mom just squeaking in hopelessness. I quickly knelt down beside Sean and pulled him into my arms, glaring up at Sean’s parents. How dare his dad hit him! How fucking dare he!

Tyler seemed to think the same.

“You fucking homophobic asshole!” Tyler yelled.

My jaw dropped as Tyler punched Sean’s dad in the face, a river of scarlet pouring from his nose as he dropped to the floor unconscious, Sean’s mom just shrieking.

“I’m calling the cops on you!” she threatened.

“And tell them what? That your son’s friend defended him after being hit by his homophobic asshole father? Do try it,” Tyler spat.

Sean whimpered, turning my attention back to him. Holy shit. I can’t…I can’t believe how quickly this situation went downhill, I really can’t. This was meant to be a quick and easy drop-off!

“What the fuck am I meant to do now? My dad just fucking hit me!” Sean sobbed, clutching his jaw.

“You’re sure as fuck not staying here,” I said angrily.

Sean looked up at his mom, who just shook her head and crouched down beside his dad, only making Sean cry harder. Fuck. She just agreed with me. Sean…Sean’s not welcome in his own home. Fuck.

“Come on, I’ve still got room in the car, let’s go and pack up your bedroom,” Tyler announced.

“But where am I going to go?” Sean asked miserably.

“We’ll sort something out, Sean. I can promise you that,” I said seriously.

Tears started falling from Sean’s eyes right then, only making me feel worse. My poor, sweet friend. His whole life had been turned upside down, 99% because of me and Tyler. We’ve got to help him. We’ve just got to.

“If your pathetic excuse for a husband wakes up and decides to continue his homophobic tirade, make sure he knows that I will quite happily knock him out again. As soon as we’ve finished packing up Sean’s belongings, he’ll be out of your life until you can accept his sexuality. I don’t want you or him to contact Sean unless it’s to beg for forgiveness, do you hear me?” Tyler said through gritted teeth, helping Sean stand up from the ground.

Sean’s mom just nodded helplessly, tears in her eyes too. Oh good. At least she isn’t completely a hard-nosed bitch. Sean did always say that his parents were assholes, but I would never have guessed to this extreme.

2 hours later, we’d finished packing up Sean’s bedroom – at least, as much of it as he wanted to take. We’d also raided the living room for any DVDs and CDs that were lying around, so at least Sean’s got a few more personal things now too. Tyler and I stood behind Sean as he stared up at his childhood home sadly. This was it. This was the last time he’d ever see this house, and what a fucking horrible way to have to leave it.

“C-Can we leave now?” Sean mumbled.

“Sure,” I nodded, squeezing his shoulder.

We walked down to the cars in silence, none of us really knowing what to say. But just as we got into the cars, the front door of the house opened and Sean’s mom ran towards us clutching an envelope.

“Wait!” she called out desperately.

I frowned down at Sean, but he just looked as confused as me. He wound down his window just as his mom reached us.

“I…I want you to have this. Your father and I saved up $1000 to give to you for graduating college, and I can’t…I can’t let you start your adult life without something,” she said softly.

“B-But I thought you hated me for…being…”

Sean trailed off, his bottom lip trembling as his eyes welled up with tears again.

“Oh Sean, I could never hate you! Yes, I’m…disappointed with your choice in…sexuality, but you’ll always be my baby boy! Your father loves you too, he’s just a lot more stubborn than I am,” Sean’s mom said with a weak smile.

“Stubborn? Is that what you call it?” I scoffed, unable to stop myself interrupting.

Sean looked up at me pleadingly, squeezing my thigh. I sighed. Fine. I’ll keep quiet.

“I just…I hope we’ll see each other again at some point in the future, Sean,” Sean’s mom said.

“Me too, momma,” Sean sniffed.

Sean choked a sob as his mom reached through the open window to awkwardly hug him, clutching at her like it was the last time he would ever see her. Which in all honesty, it could be. In true Tyler style, the car behind us sounded the horn twice in impatience, making Sean and his mom stop hugging. Nice, Ty.

“Well, you’d better get going. Here’s your money. I love you, Sean. I always will,” Sean’s mom said sadly, stepping away from the car.

“I love you too!” Sean whimpered.

I smiled weakly at her, reaching across Sean to wind the window up as I started the engine.

“Why don’t you try to get some sleep, hmm?” I suggested.

Sean nodded, staying silent as he curled up into a ball on his seat. I sent a quick text to Tyler before pulling away from the kerb.

Motel night in Des Moines is now for planning how we’re going to help Sean. Sorry baby xx

I didn’t need to look in my mirrors to see that Tyler would be frustrated with this. But we have Sean to worry about now.

*

“Fucking expensive gas,” I grumbled to Tyler, exiting the Des Moines gas station building with him right behind me.

“At least we’ve only got the home stretch now, right? That’s only one more gas stop, if we’re lucky,” Tyler smiled, taking my hand in his.

“Why are you so fucking cheerful?” I whined.

“Because I got a blowjob out of you this morning in the shower. Duh,” Tyler grinned.

Yeah, seeing as we’d only booked one room at the motel in Des Moines, Sean had the pull-out couch, meaning Tyler and I didn’t get any alone time even after we’d finished planning what to do next. Sean was still passed out this morning though, so we managed to have a quick make-out and grope in the shower this morning. I’m still cranky though. I need a proper bed to sleep in!

“Yeah, yeah, you still owe me one in reply,” I retorted.

Tyler laughed and pressed a kiss to the side of my head, pulling me into his body against his car when we reached it.

“And you shall get one when we get to your Aunt’s house,” Tyler smirked.

“W-We’re going to your Aunt’s house?”

I stepped away from Tyler to see Sean stepping out of my car. Fuck. He’s finally awake. I swear, he’s slept pretty much the entire time since we left his house, so it’s good to see him awake. Poor boy. The shock and shame must’ve knocked him clean out. But everything’s going to be okay. Tyler and I have sorted everything, just liked we said we would.

“Morning, Sean. How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Pretty shit, honestly. And my jaw hurts,” he mumbled, suddenly remembering yesterday, “But why are we going to your Aunt’s house?”

“How about we drive out of the gas station to a rest stop further up the road, and we’ll explain everything we’ve worked out for you?” I suggested.

Sean looked between me and Tyler, before nodding. I smiled and pecked Tyler’s lips, before getting back in my car with Sean next to me. 10 minutes later, we pulled into a rest stop and got out the cars, sitting down on a bench in front of them, Tyler and I on one side, Sean on the other.

“Have you really sorted everything out for me?” Sean asked hesitantly.

“Yeah, we have,” Tyler mused.

“How is your Aunt’s house involved?” Sean asked, confused.

“Well, I’ll start from the beginning. The first person I rang was my Aunt Katy, and the first person Tyler rang was his dad…”

“…but I thought you didn’t talk to your dad!” Sean interrupted.

“I don’t. But this was necessary,” Tyler said with a small smile.

Sean smiled weakly back.

“I explained the situation, and my Aunt was horrified. I explained that you needed somewhere to stay etc, and Aunt Katy had a few suggestions, and she made a few calls herself before getting back to me. We came up with a plan, if you’re interested,” I told him.

“What is it?” Sean asked nervously.

“Well, my friend Jesse already lodges at her house, so she’s moving you and Jesse into the converted basement where her dance studio is because Jesse's such a sweetheart and he’ll look after you while you adjust. Her boyfriend Kellan owns a gym so he’s going to rent her a miniscule amount a month to hire out a dance studio room there, because she wouldn’t let him do it for free. Her equipment and other things that were originally in the basement are going to be moved into the attic room, which was my bedroom…”

“Wait, which was your bedroom? Where are you going to stay?” Sean interrupted.

I smiled up at Tyler, who winked back at me.

“I’m moving into an apartment in the city with Tyler,” I said, letting out a deep breath.

Yes, that’s right, Tyler and I are moving in together. It’ll be a good test for our new relationship, if nothing else.

“It’s one of the reasons I called my dad,” Tyler added.

“O-Okay,” Sean stammered.

“I explained your situation to him too, and he said he's readily do anything to help. The apartment is one of the ones that he bought for business in the city, in case he ever needed to stop overnight for work. He’s never used the apartment though, and he’s going to rent it to us for a very reasonable amount a month. It's only half an hour from the care facility that Drew's mom is getting moved to next year,” Tyler explained.

“Is that all you called him for?” Sean asked, biting his bottom lip.

Tyler laughed softly, and shook his head.

“Remember a week or so ago when my brother Max rang me to say that he’d proposed to his girlfriend Claudia and she said yes?” Tyler prompted.

“Uh, yeah?” Sean said, cocking his head to the side.

“Well, he also mentioned that my dad had welcomed the happy news because he’d been stressing for the past few weeks because the curator of his art gallery had quit. Remember I mentioned that he owned an art gallery to make himself seem more ‘cultured’? Anyway, I asked my dad if he’d found anyone to replace her, and he said he hadn’t, so I suggested that you have the job,” Tyler said.

“Holy shit,” Sean squeaked.

I squeezed Tyler’s hand. It was one of his best ideas for Sean to work at his dad’s art gallery.

“He said that he thought it was a great idea and wants you to start on Monday,” Tyler grinned.

“Oh my G-God. I can’t believe any of this! You two…both your families have shaken up so much just for me! How can I ever thank you?” Sean spluttered.

“You can pay your cheap rent to Aunt Katy on time and you can ignore Jesse’s sexual advances for at least a month,” I grinned.

Sean blushed deeply, his eyes widening dramatically. Tyler just laughed.

“Do you really think Jesse’s going to pounce like that?” Tyler mused.

“Yeah, he’s…changed since being at college. I promise he’s a good fuck,” I told Sean, who only blushed harder.

Tyler frowned. “You’ve fucked Jesse?”

“Well, yeah…he was my Winter break fuck, remember? You said you saw me with him,” I frowned in reply.

Tyler did say that! I swear!

“I said I saw you with a guy during Winter Break, but it sure as hell wasn’t Jesse!” Tyler exasperated.

“I only fucked Jesse over the Winter Break!” I defended.

“The guy I saw you with was fucking gorgeous. Broad shoulders, shortish light brown hair, green eyes, tanned skin, chiselled cheekbones…and his body is ripped. Fuck, he was the complete opposite of me. Outside the gym? He looked about your Aunt’s age?” Tyler prompted.

It took me all of two seconds to burst out laughing. Holy shit!

“That’s my Aunt’s boyfriend, Kellan. That’s the gym he owns! And he was helping me work out to get over my bad thoughts about you!” I choked between laughs.

Tyler’s jaw dropped, his cheeks colouring slightly. Holy shit that was funny. He thought I was sleeping with Kellan?!

“Yeah…well…it looked bad. Fuck, it’s almost worse that you slept with Jesse,” Tyler grumbled.

“It’s all in the past baby,” I reminded him.

Tyler sighed and nodded, smiling weakly at Sean, who still looked mortified.

“Yeah, I guess it is. We’ve still got another 8 and a half hours before we’ll reach Toledo, so we’d better get going okay?” Tyler said.

I nodded, pressing a slow kiss to Tyler’s lips to remind him that I only want him, before heading back to my car with Sean.

“Is everything really going to be okay?” Sean asked nervously, buckling his seatbelt.

“Yeah, Sean, it will. I promised you that it would be, and I never go back on my promises,” I said seriously.

“I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to thank you, I really don’t,” Sean said softly.

“You’re my friend, Sean, and I wouldn’t be able to live with myself after pretty much destroying your life. Besides, friends help each other out. You helped me get back to the guy I used to be when we dated – it’s me that owed you,” I said.

“So we’re even?” Sean sniffed, giggling.

“Yeah, we’re even,” I laughed, ruffling his hair.

Tyler honked his horn, making me roll my eyes but start my engine. I pulled out of the parking space just as Sean yawned. He’s still tired?! Well, I guess he has been through a lot in the past 24 hours.

“Go on, go back to sleep, I know you want to,” I teased.

Sean blushed but nodded, curling up in his seat again. I just smiled. Home. We’re nearly home.

*

“Uh, Drew, why is Sean asleep in your arms?” Clark frowned.

I smiled weakly at my Aunt Katy and laid the unconscious boy down on the sofa, Tyler standing next to me while Jesse and Imogen crouched down next to Sean.

“I guess I should explain huh?” I said softly.

I told them everything, Aunt Katy verifying everything from when I’d called her. By the end of my speech, Aunt Katy was crying, as were Jesse and Imogen. Clark just looked horrified.

“S-Sean really went through all that?” Clark whispered.

“Yeah, he did. I fucking hope that his mom sees sense and gets over everything and calls him in a few months or something because it was heartbreaking to see him so upset,” Tyler nodded, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

Everyone fell silent for a few seconds. Then Sean’s eyes fluttered open and I rushed to his side, Tyler right behind me. Imogen moved out the way, but Jesse stubbornly remained on the floor next to him.

“D-Drew? Where are we?” Sean asked, confused.

“We’re at my Aunt’s house. We’re at your new home,” I explained.

“Oh, okay,” Sean said nervously.

“Welcome roomie!” Jesse said excitedly.

“You must be Jesse,” Sean said with a slight blush.

Tyler and I just grinned, Jesse looking confused.

“You already know me,” Clark smiled, “But it’s nice to meet you in person, not necessarily under these circumstances though,”

Sean nodded, biting his bottom lip.

“I’m Imogen, Clark’s twin,” my other cousin introduced, smiling sweetly.

“It’s great to meet you all. Thanks for letting me stay in your home,” Sean said shyly.

“It’s no problem. Any friend of Drew’s is a friend of ours,” Clark said warmly.

I smiled appreciatively at him for that, seeing as Sean appeared to relax a little.

“Come on, let’s start unloading the cars,” Tyler murmured in my ear.

I nodded, pecking his lips as we headed towards the front door. I glanced over my shoulder to see Imogen and Clark following us, but Jesse stayed with Sean, shyly holding his hand as Sean blushed. This made me smile and link my own hand with Tyler’s. Maybe everything would work out after all. Maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

And what a journey it’s been!

Here’s a link to the next original slash I’ll be writing, Anything For Us. The first chapter is already up! I hope you’ll like these characters as much as you’ve liked Drew, Tyler and the rest of the crew in My Heart Begins To Pound and Just Come Running. Please check out my new slash and let me know what you think!

Finally, thank you to everyone who has commented on this story. I read through every single comment again before I wrote this last chapter, and I’ve listed every single commenter in the list below. We’ve had our ups and downs (mainly downs, I’ll admit) during this story, as well as tears, laughter, wistfulness and exasperation, but I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading the story and it’s prequel as much as I’ve enjoyed writing them. But alas, this is the end of Drew and Tyler’s story. As much as I would love to keep writing about them, it’s time to finally give them some peace lol, and get onto writing my new slash, as mentioned in the paragraph above. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for all your support – it means so much to me!

revengefulvampire
fallen_dust
x.xFairytale
plastic_surgery
ImmaEnforcer
Follow.Your.Dreams.
A Pirate's Life
miss.sobriety
BeautifullyTattooed
rawrritsjess
watson.
crescendo.
Mikey Whiskey Hands.
DgoOdz94
Frankie's Gee.
EmoHairFlip
I.want.2.be.Immortal
Hiyoubyeyou
Murder Rush!
BlueLips-and-DoeEyes
CeraRachel
rememberXme
strangers in bars.
Rory The Roman
EXPLODING-RAINBOW
Hezzarther
lizziemcgenius
repeating ap0ligies.
Sucks For You
Ace Lightning.
septicemia.
Wake!UP!DEaD!
Dodger
Lovecrush1
toomuch
GoddessFromHell
g0t swag;;
HopeLoveFaith
eragorn122
Sexy kupkake!!!!!:p
DreamerHarlotSinner
Serena.
Amyartkittentm
Bludgeoned.Brittany
AmberAttacks
call me by your name
Princess Mononoke
YourHersheyKiss
EmilyRose252525
LetLive
O.o?
oyvey.
Emily4894
Lollipops.
starbella
alltimepanic!
Let_It_Roll
poisongirl24
BOOM!roasted.
Jellybeee
breakinreality
space is for stars.
odysseychic403
Pjhazard
wo0two0t789
LittleMotel
Fly Far Far Away
Skwahdala
poisongirl24
originality is dead.
Never the Miracle
OctoberA7X
Jackjohnson96
Bright Eyes ;
Snowfall Melody
Caitlynnnn
TearsOfTheHeart7
Krystal-Khaos
Fear to Commit
BlindedbyLight
love2luv
The Lucky Ones
SomethingLeftToGive
Jemma_Vengeance6661X
Miss Grammar
JessicStar
toninator123
Lazz
MissLonely
AUPK380
ohthebells;
BleedingHearts
MercurySunrise

xo