Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

Your whisper, so clear.

Come on Skype. Jesse and I are bored! X

I smiled down at the text from Imogen and immediately switched my laptop on. Now being the start of November, it’s been a while since I’ve talked to Jesse or Imogen, let alone seen them. And it’s not like I have work left to do. Yeah, it’ll be nice to catch up with two of my best friends. Tyler’s not coming over until later anyway so it’ll give me something to do!

As soon as my laptop had loaded, I clicked on Skype and straight away Imogen popped up with an invitation. Eager much? Bless.

“Hey Immy, hey Jess,” I grinned, waving.

“HEY!” they chorused, waving manically.

I laughed and ran my fingers through my fringe. They really haven’t changed one bit.

“So you’re bored, huh?” I mused.

“Ch’yeah! We’ve only got one more assignment each before winter break, and even then we’ve done all the prep for them. We figured you wouldn’t be with Tyler until later and Clark is too busy to come on a four way conversation, so here we are!” Imogen said happily.

“Fair enough,” I laughed. “So what have you two been up to lately?”

“Not much really. There’s been a few parties we’ve gone to outside of town, but we’ve mainly been hanging out at mom’s dance studio,” Imogen shrugged.

Uh, why?

Jesse must’ve seen my confused expression, because he laughed.

“There’s a really hot new jazz instructor, and we’ve been trying to decide whether he’s gay or not. I’ve been getting hints at times, but then other times he’s as straight as a plank,” Jesse grinned.

“Typical, right?” Imogen sighed dramatically.

“Maybe I’ll have to take a look for myself when I’m home,” I chuckled.

What? There’s no harm in looking at a guy as long as I don’t touch right? I’ll take Tyler along too – he’s usually pretty good at telling if a guy is straight or not.

“Just don’t steal him away from us! It’s too much fun,” Imogen begged.

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” I said.

A brief silence fell over us. I couldn’t take my eyes off Jesse though. There was something not quite right about him today. But I can’t tell what it is. What the fuck is going on? There’s something they aren’t telling me.

“Jesse, can I ask something?” I said suddenly.

“Uh, sure,” Jesse nodded.

“Why are you pretending to be okay?” I said.

“W-What?” Jesse said, surprised.

“I’ve known you for three years, Jess. I can tell when you’re bullshitting. That smile on your lips is fake. Your eyes hold a horrible sadness. And you’re fidgeting. A lot. Why are you pretending?” I asked bluntly.

Jesse looked at Imogen, who smiled sadly and nodded, so Jesse looked back at me.

“You know I’ve been dating this guy Lucas, right?” Jesse started.

I just nodded.

“Well, two days ago he decided that he didn’t want me anymore. Yesterday he announced that he was no longer bisexual and was fully straight. All of today people have been coming up to me and asking what I did to make him straight. And do you know what I said to them? I have no fucking idea. We were even fucking talking about going on holiday to Hawaii in the summer – and he suggested it! I haven’t pushed him for anything, I haven’t embarrassed him in any way, and fuck, I’ve introduced him to my parents and vice versa. Everything was perfect. I don’t know what I did wrong,” Jesse said quietly, his eyes filling with tears.

Anger rose in me at his words and I had to clench my fists to calm myself down. What kind of asshole could do something like that to Jesse? Jesse is the sweetest boy I’ve ever met – how could anyone think any different?!

“If I was home right now, I would hunt him down and beat him to a bloody pulp,” I growled.

“I already offered,” Imogen said with a weak smile.

“Thanks, Drew. I appreciate that. The worst part is not understanding why he changed his mind so suddenly. It makes me feel like shit, if I’m honest. I always try to be the perfect boyfriend, but clearly I’m just not,”

“Now you listen to me, Jesse. This guy is not worth you feeling bad about yourself because you’re an amazing person. Anyone that’s ever met you can see that. It’s this guy that has problems, not you. So don’t you dare start thinking your not good enough for anyone because if anything, no-one’s good enough for you. You’ll find someone, Jesse. You just need to start not going for the dickheads,” I said firmly, smiling at the end.

Jesse giggled and nodded, finally smiling properly. That’s more like it.

“Yeah, I do need to find the right guy. Fuck knows where he is though,” Jesse shrugged.

“He’ll be around soon enough. I can feel it,” I reassured.

My doorbell rang.

“I’d better go and get that. I’ll talk to you two another day, yeah?” I smiled.

“Yeah, see you, Drew,” Imogen said happily.

“Bye!” Jesse added.

I clicked off the screen before walking to the front door. Beth and Johnny are in college all day today, so I don’t know who this will be.

Tyler?

“Hey,” he mumbled, pressing a chaste kiss to my lips.

“Hey,” I frowned, shutting the door after him.

What’s wrong with him?

“Sorry I’m early. I just had to get out of my apartment,” Tyler sighed, sitting down on my sofa.

I sat down next to him, Tyler putting his head in my lap.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, stroking his hair.

“Hayley and I were arguing because she drank my whisky and refused to replace it. Lee tried to get us to stop yelling but I ended up yelling at him, and he freaked out and ran into his room. He won’t come out of his room now and I just got so frustrated I had to leave. I’m sorry if you were busy,” Tyler grumbled.

“No, I’d just finished talking to Jesse and Imogen on Skype, I’m not busy. I’m sorry about your argument. Well, not completely because Hayley’s a bitch, but I’m sorry you got so frustrated,” I said with a weak smile.

“Mm, she is a bitch. But she’s alright sometimes I guess,” Tyler muttered.

“Sometimes my ass,” I snorted, rolling my eyes.

Tyler managed a smile, flicking my septum piercing with his finger before he closed his eyes briefly. I like it when he’s as peaceful as this. He tries so much to keep his problems to himself so as not to ‘stress me out’, but I like helping him. I’m his boyfriend, this is what I’m meant to do. I just don’t want him to close off from me completely.

“How about we order some pizza and just chill out, yeah?” I suggested.

“Sounds good to me. You know just how to make everything right,” Tyler said with a small smile.

Yeah, I wish.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been working non-stop at my job in a restaurant from 9-6 since I got back from Uni, and today is my first day off in a week, so I'm sorry for the delay in updates, I will try to update as much as possible, but it will be hard for me until everything calms down a bit at work.

Thank you to everyone who commented!

Nerdfighter;
Amyartkittentm
dinosaursgorawr
LorenElizabethxoxo
TheSoundOfGoodbye
cameron liddell; (more kinky? I’ll see what I can do ^_^)
Sexy kupkake!!!!!:p
eragorn122
revengefulvampire
CeraRachel (I’m glad it wasn’t trashy =])
lizziemcgenius
Wake!UP!DEaD!
MyCornerOfTheWoods
Hello Fascination.
It's Me Lola
Ace Lightning.
rawrritsjess
No H8

xo