Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

The world disappeared.

“Colm! Jenkins! Hold up!”

I frowned slightly but stopped walking, Tyler stopping beside me. Who is that and what do they want? I was slightly surprised when I recognised a guy from our first year housing block, but smiled at him. He was never an ass to us.

“Hey, what’s up, man?” Tyler greeted, nodding his head.

“Not much, not much. I am having a party tonight though and I’ve been trying to find you guys for the past week to invite you. I swear you’re never on campus,” the boy laughed.

I blushed slightly, Tyler just snickering. So maybe we spend a bit more time in our bedrooms than we probably should. Oh well.

“Yeah we aren’t much. Where is the party?” Tyler asked.

“It’s on Callodan Avenue, about 10 minutes from here,” he explained.

“I know where that is,” Tyler told me.

Uh, yippee for you?

“So you’ll be coming?” the boy grinned.

“We might show up,” Tyler smirked.

The boy laughed and nodded, saying his goodbyes before leaving us. I frowned as Tyler silently started walking with me, not understanding his good mood. I thought we’d made a deal about this. Tyler was going to cut down on his partying and drinking and I was going to cut down on my obsessive studying. Surely he wouldn’t go against this.

It wasn’t until we got back to my apartment that I said anything.

“Ty, why did you say we would go to the party?” I asked, unlocking my bedroom door and walking inside.

Tyler walked in after me and shut the door. “I said we might go. And why does it matter? He was an alright guy last year,” Tyler shrugged.

“But you said you wouldn’t party as much,” I said.

“And you said you’d chill out and not get stressed. What the fuck, Drew?” Tyler shot back.

“Are you seriously starting this again? Today has been a really great day! I don’t need your shitty attitude flaring up again,” I groaned.

“Oh excuse me, Andrew. I didn’t realise my shitty attitude offended you so much. I’d better leave before you get so upset by this that you have your usual bitch fit,” Tyler said, sarcasm oozing from his words.

“Fuck off, Tyler. Why do you have to be such a dick all the time? I thought we were finally back on a track of a good relationship,” I growled.

Tyler narrowed his eyes at me, his expression glazing over cold. Fucking fantastic.

“You know what? I’m going to this party. I have been trying to cut down on my partying and drinking for you, but there are times where I just need to unwind and have fun. You clearly have no idea what fun is and don’t give a shit if I suffer because of it. I’m going out. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Tyler said angrily.

I clenched my teeth and fists, glaring at him as he walked out of my room, wincing slightly as he slammed the front door. What the fuck am I meant to do?! I can’t control him. I just wish he wouldn’t disregard my feelings like this. He’s such a fucking asshole. Fuck it.

Three knocks at my door.

“Hey, Drew?”

Johnny.

“Yeah, come in,” I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

Johnny walked into my room, a weak smile on his lips as he sat down on my bed.

“I kinda heard your argument with Tyler. You guys were pretty loud,” Johnny said.

“At least it’s not loud sex again, right?” I laughed bitterly.

“Why don’t you just go to the party too, Drew?” Johnny frowned.

I sighed. Fantastic.

“One, because I just protested repeatedly to Tyler that I didn’t want to. Two, because it would blow up his ego by me not studying. And three, I really don’t want to see him when he’s in a mood like this,” I explained.

“Surely leaving the argument like this won’t end well either through? It’ll just get worse when he’s hungover tomorrow and you don’t need the aggravation. You need to talk this out with him,” Johnny insisted.

Huh. I chewed my bottom lip as I thought over Johnny’s words. I know I shouldn’t leave this argument to boil over. We had so many problems before because of a lack of communication so I really don’t want that to happen again. Maybe Johnny’s right. Maybe I should go after Tyler.

“I don’t know, J. I don’t know if this is a good idea. What if Tyler just gets more angry because I’ve changed my mind,”

“It’s better to get the steam off his chest in person than let it build up and then explode,” Johnny said.

Looks like I’m sold.

“Alright. Fine. But I’m only going if you come too,” I grumbled.

“Sure thing, Drew. You know I’ve got your back,” Johnny nodded, grinning.

It only took Johnny and I half an hour to get ready and get to the party. I recognise a couple of people from our old digs, so I feel a tiny bit of ease, although there is something niggling at the back of my mind. Something doesn’t feel right.

“Can you see Tyler anywhere?” I said loudly, so Johnny could hear me over the music.

“Nah, man. He’ll be here though. Let’s just get a drink and relax before looking for him. I’m sure we’ll find him before you know it,” Johnny reassured.

I sighed but nodded, following Johnny to the kitchen. I silently opened the beer he gave me, still unable to quash that niggle of doubt. I don’t like this. Something is wrong here. I don’t like the feeling of this at all. All I can hope is that Tyler will hear me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...

I'm exhausted. From working every day in a restaurant, from packing up my Uni flat, and from dealing with my family's bullshit. Sorry if this update sucks.

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter =]

MyCornerOfTheWoods
TheSoundOfGoodbye
Wake!UP!DEaD!
revengefulvampire
cameron liddell;
eragorn122
Amyartkittentm
Allons-y!
dinosaursgorawr
Hello Fascination.
rawrritsjess
Sexy kupkake!!!!!:p
YourHersheyKiss
miss.sobriety
EmilyRose252525
lizziemcgenius
LetLive
O.o?

xo