Status: Active

In The Nightmare Of Your Heart

Remembering

I stumbled upon a pavement road, I hit the cold cement roughly, scraping my hands and knees. I couldn't feel the pain though, I was too cold, numb and dreadfully fearful. I didn't even realize I was wounded until I brought my hand up and saw blood trickling from my palm to my wrist. I threw it back down to my side and surveyed my surroundings. I was standing on the side of a road with dense forests on either side. It was as dark as deepest part of the ocean; except for the light of the moon, which I thanked God for. I took a step forward, my bare feet lightly slapping the cement. I walked for what seemed like miles; hoping I could find some artificial light that belonged to a town of some sorts. Instead, the scenery never changed and every second I was more afraid then I was the second before; it was a growing fear of the unknown.

My mind began in wonder off thinking about how I ended up here, my hair an unruly mess, make-up washed down my face and smeared, my white dress torn, muddy and bloody, my wounds I've endured. I starting remembering every detail - the quietness, the screams, the pleads, the blood, the bodies. I was completely terrified thinking of the past, where I was now and what could possibly be watching me, the future - if I had one or if this was the end for me . .

The road became blurred as tears fought to the surface, my breathing became faster and my lungs felt compressed. I could barely catch my breath.

I then saw lights from behind me and I knew they were car lights, and as I struggled to control my breathing, I could hear the tires on the road as they got closer. I turned around and was instantly bathed in light. The driver pointed the car a little to the right, so that I was not blinded by lights right in my eyes. I couldn't make out much of any details at this point; I started to go in and out of focus. I remember the driver - a man - getting out of the car, hearing the car door slam and him rushing toward me, saying something . . I was far too out of it to make out any of the words. My legs started to give in and I fell into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the start of my new story. I know what I want to happen in it but I'm still just kind of making it up as I go along. Your thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated :)