Status: Active

In The Nightmare Of Your Heart

Arriving

"Aidyn," my mother's tender voice sounded through my partially sleeping ears, "we're here, honey."

'Here' was a castle of a school named Hogwarts. It was a school that specifically taught young witches and wizards to enhance their magical abilities and how to control the uses of their power. I had pretty much complete control over my magical powers, but no one quite knew that. I wasn't here to learn about magic, as much as I was here to learn about who exactly I was . . My parents always changed subject every time I asked questions. I don't know why this was so important to me; I had a loving family, but there was something inside me that made me feel like I wasn't quite home. Maybe it was the fact that none of my family were witches or wizards. Is it possible that the universe chooses at random who could possess such powers? Instead of it just being passed down or practiced? If so, why? What makes a person so special? I just wanted some answers to my questions.

The car made a full stop beside a stone path leading up to the castle. I didn't know how we arrived here, for it was other worldly. And at that instant, I wished I hadn't have fallen asleep. I could have taken the train just like everyone else, but my mother absolutely insisted that she take me for she worried that I would feel uncomfortable not knowing any of the other students. She wanted me to relax before I experienced the stress of a new school and new students, she wanted that to be later then sooner.

I opened my car door and stepped out, my black flats softly clicking against the stone. The sweet fresh air caught me in a soft whisper, and it felt as if it were saying a small welcome. The atmosphere was so peaceful, it instantly elevated my mood and soul. Every thing about this place was magical - the trees and flowers were so full of life, the soil was soft and rich, the castle was darkly beautiful, and the sky was an enchantment of every color.

I smiled as I started up the stone path, my luggage was already inside the castle waiting with one of the teachers. My father insisted that it arrived before I did so that it would make things easier; my parents were always trying to keep things easy for me and I greatly appreciated them for that. This way, I could enjoy my walk to the castle and take joy in the scenery and everything around me, not worrying about my luggage or my owl.

I arrived in the front of the castle where everyone was departing from their carriages and other ways of transportation. From there, I could instantly tell that I was going to catch the eye of absolutely everyone and stand out. There was an immense sea of black as every student was clothed in long black robes. I had on torn jeans and a blue tank top. I instantly felt outcasted - by my attire and because everyone had friends there from previous years. Girls were shrieking and hugging each other, gossiping about their summer, boys, whatever interested them . . Boys were laughing and talking with other boys about whatever boys talked about . . I didn't belong with any of them, I kept to myself most of the time anyway.

"Hello, are you new? I could help you if you need it." I heard a girl say from beside me. I turned around and saw a brown haired girl with her eyebrows slightly raised, and I could see she was eager to help. Behind her a little ways were two boys - one had black hair and the other had red. The boy with the black hair seemed odd to me; his round unstylish glasses and strange scar. The other, I actually found quite adorable. You could tell he was shy as he blushed and looked away every time I met his gaze.

"Uh, yes, hi . . My name is Aidyn," I smiled at the trio.

"You're American?" The dark haired boy asked, a look of attraction taking over his facial expression. I nodded and laughed softly.

"That's quite . . charming. Here, my name is Harry Potter, this . . This is Ronald Weasley, and this is Hermione Granger." He introduced himself and his friends as they gave me a small wave and a smile.

"How lovely to meet you all." I smiled at them.

"Here," Hermione said before any one else had a chance to speak, "we should get you dressed properly. Come with us? The feast starts soon and it would be terrible if we were to be late."

"Oh, of course. I'd appreciate it greatly if you helped me, dear." I replied and she smiled at me.

"This way," she said brightly and I followed her to one of the castle's side doors.