Status: Work In Progress

How Strange, Meeting You Here

Dreams of Importance

  - Elizabeth -
I've been so happy lately, its insane. I honestly don't remember the last time I was this happy. I'd never really been a happy person, due to everything that has happened in my past. But I could tell I was changing. I was changing into an entire other person.

But the thing was, I was //happy// about it.

I never thought another person could do that to me, and unintentionally too. That's one of the things I really liked about Zack.

As I lay on the couch in the living area, alone, I find out that I'm okay with it. Being alone, I mean. I used to hate being alone, but now... I didn't mind. I didn't mind because I knew I had friends, and people I could I always just get up and talk to. I let my eyelids flutter shut, and just thought as I drifted in and out of a light sleep.

I dreamed of Zack, my new friends, my mother... Everything that was my life now. I know it had only begun a few days ago, and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I just couldn't help it.

I woke with a start, but kept my eyes closed. I knew it was only about one in the afternoon, but I decided to enjoy the quietness of the bus alone, while everyone was outside at the venue, enjoying the warm weather.

I wrapped the blanket tighter around me, and curled up into a little ball. Eyes closed, mind wandering.

I lay on the surprisingly cushy couch, and fell asleep again. But this time, I had a meaningful dream.

//I'm laying in a field of tall grass, and wishing flowers. I sit up, I don't know where I am. It's warm out, with a light breeze. The sun beat down on me, but it wasn't unbearable. It was nice. I felt clean, pure, happy. I looked around me, confused by my surroundings.

“Elizabeth.” A voice whispered to me, sounded from afar. A sweet voice. A familiar voice.

I could feel my eyes widen. “Mom?”

A floating figure in the distance made its way toward me. She had long, full brown hair; like mine. She wore a flowing, white dress and wore no shoes. Her face was flawless, rid of all the worry lines that had made their way onto her once beautiful face from cancer. She smiled at me. “Hi, babygirl.”

I broke into a smile, not believing it. “Momma!”

She floated above me, smiling down at me. “Hey there, sweetie.”

“How... How did you get here? Where am I?”I had so many questions for her, I could barely splutter anything out.

“We're here, together. That's what's important,” she smiled down at me, her eyes shining bright with youth I never saw before. “Oh darling, how I've missed you.”

I felt a tear slip down my cheek. “I miss you too, Momma.”

“Oh, babygirl, don't cry. Don't cry, sweetie. You've been so happy lately.” She smiled at me, and extended a hand towards me. I grabbed for her, but all I got was a handful of air.

“Momma,” I sniffled. “I love you.”

“Oh, sweetheart, I love you too,” she smiled at me, a tear sliding down her own cheek. “And you have more people who love you, down on Earth.” She gave me a knowing smile, still reaching for me.

“You... You know?” I asked, feeling more tears coming.

She shook her head, and gave a hearty chuckle. “Of course I know, baby. I've been watching over you. Please baby, don't cry,” she reached for me again, “keep the happiness. Please, keep the happiness.” She let another tear fall, as she slowly floated away, her arms still extended toward me.//

I woke with a start, gasping. My hands were clasped against my heart. Everything was blurry, but I noticed the face in front of mine.

“Elizabeth, are you okay?” Zack was bent over me, his hand wiping away the tears I let fall during my dream.

I smiled at him, another tear escaping. But this time, it was a happy one. I hugged him hard. He seemed startled, but wrapped his arms around my waist. “Just fine, Zack. Just fine.” I pressed my face into his shoulder, my whole body shaking.

“Did you have a nightmare or something?” Zack wondered aloud.

I laughed, the tears still falling. “The opposite, actually.”

I sat down next to him, and told him every aspect of my dream. I knew it had meant something. I had never dreamed about her in that way before. The only times I had ever dreamed about her were when she was sick, in a hospital bed.

Zack listened to my story intently, holding my hands all the same. “Well,” he began, a smile spreading on his face. “I guess that counts as a mother's approval.”

I laughed exuberantly, loving the way it felt to laugh. I hugged him again, my arms vice tight around his neck. Without warning, he picked me up in his arms. I screamed. “What are you doing?!” I laughed, as he threw me over his shoulder.

“Let's go outside.” Zack said, simply.

He carried me outside, as I lay my face against his back, waiting to be put down. As soon as he opened the door and started down the few steps, there were shouts.

“Hey, there they are!” Lexi yelled.

“YAY MORE PEOPLE!” Jack practically screamed.

“Elizabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth!” Olivia shouted.

Zack finally set me down on my feet. He glanced at me, and smiled. Everyone was standing apart from each other in the venue, Alex holding a football. He threw it to Lexi, who threw it to Jack, who threw it to Zack. He caught it, with ease.

“I think I'll just watch...” I said, addressing everyone. I had never been the sporty type.

Olivia and Lexi made a beeline for me, and practically dragged me over. I found a place to stand, and laughed when Jack got hit in the face with the ball.

“OW YOU SON OF A---” Jack held his hand over his left eye, yelling profanities.

I giggled, and looked up to the sky. Love you, Mom, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww i actually like this one :D
so here
thanks for reading!! :D