Status: Work In Progress

How Strange, Meeting You Here

Finally Happy

- Elizabeth -

We played football--well, more like catch--for another hour or so. But then it just got too hot outside, so everyone went inside for drinks and showers. Everyone was sweaty, even me. And I barely played.

As I made my way into the tiny kitchenette, I grabbed a water bottle and headed to my bunk. I climbed up the ladder to the top, as fast as I could, and plopped down on the mattress. I plucked my journal from under my pillow, eager to write about my dream. I knew it wasn't just some silly dream. I knew that was my mom, and I knew for a fact that she came to me for a reason. I knew she wanted me to be happy. And I was... It was just the fact of knowing that she wasn't here that upset me a lot. But since that dream, I've tried to put it out of my mind. I've tried to be fully happy. I hope it works, I really do.

I took out my pen, and wrote down everything. I sat there for nearly an hour, my hand aching from writing word after word. It made me feel better to get it all out on paper, to preserve my dream into a book that I'll have forever. I wrote every detail of my surroundings, me, my mom, everything. I wanted to capture every detail, so I'd remember it forever. I wrote out the dream, and then I wrote about my feelings about it. About how Zack seemingly understood. After about an hour and a half of writing, my curtain was pulled aside by a smiling Zack.

I marked my page in my journal with my pen, and snapped it shut. I slid it under my pillow, tucking it under tightly. "Hey," I spoke with a smile. "What's up?"

"You ready for the show tonight?" said Zack excitedly. You could tell by the shine in his eyes that he was really looking forward to it. "You can watch from backstage with Lex and Olivia."

I felt my eyes light up. "Really?" I'd been to concerts before, but I've never gotten to see one from backstage.

He nodded, sharing my excitement.

I scooted my way off my bunk, and turned to Zack. "Well, I better go make myself look presentable, if I'm going to be backstage. I'll see you in a few, 'kay?" I tried to hide the excitement in my voice, but it was difficult. Zack smiled at me, like he understood.

He nodded, and walked off the bus, following Alex and Rian.

As I made my way to my suitcase to find a suitable outfit, my mind stayed on Zack. A man of few words, I thought. I loved how we can both be quiet, but be comfortable, and understand each other all the same. It made me feel connected to him on a level only we could understand. At that thought, my insides tingled

I plunged into my suitcase, searching for something decent to wear. My hand made contact with something soft. I pulled it out, mildly perplexed. I looked at it, and felt my eyes widen the slightest bit.

This was my one and only little black dress. It had a deep scoop neck, and reached to about an inch or so above my knees. Made of soft velvet, this was my mother's dress. I had never seen her in it; she gave it to me a few weeks before she died. I clutched the dress to my chest. I don't even remember packing this.

I shrugged, clearing my mind before I could over-analyze things. I took my dress, my hair brush, and makeup case into the bathroom. I slipped out of my sweaty clothes from earlier today, I slipped on the dress efforlessly, and stared into the mirror.

I looked like an entire different person. My light blonde waves cascaded down my back, although in ratty tangles. I didn't even have any makeup on yet. I looked at myself, really looked at myself. I looked like my mother.

I didn't cry. Not this time. My mom asked me one favor; be happy. And I will.

I was in the bathroom for about twenty minutes, brushing through my tangled hair and putting on makeup. Once I finally decided I was ready, I walked out.

Lexi and Olivia were sitting on the couch talking to each other about the baby. They paused when I walked out. Olivia's eyes widened. Lexi squealed.

"You look amazing! WHERE did you get that dress?" Lexi wondered aloud.

I explained to both of them that it was my mother's.

Olivia smiled at me, and Lexi was inspecting the fabric. I laughed.

Alex walked in, rounding everyone up. "You guys ready to go?"

I smiled, my stomach doing flip flops. "Definitely ready."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I haven't updated in forever guys!! I wrote this chapter awhile ago, I just never posted it.
sorry if its crap!!

- olivia <3