Status: Contest entry//finished

Double Drop

Double Drop

Ecstasy
• An illegal amphetamine-based synthetic drug with euphoric and hallucinatory effects, originally promoted as an adjunct to psychotherapy


“Are you sure you want to do this Amber? I mean Pot is one thing, but this…” My friend trailed off as I shot her a glance, we had been through this what seemed like a thousand times. I looked around for Chris, the man that I was planning to buy off of and saw nothing but the train bridge behind us, desolate like it always had been. Trains had stopped going over the bridge years ago after a heavy rain and wind had managed to knock a few of the huge wooden beams into the river below, since then the city had declared it unsafe for trains and basically anyone to use it. Of course that didn’t stop kids from walking across it, they still did that all the time.

“I’m sure Emily, and if you don’t want to do it or have any part of it then I suggest you leave now.” I replied curtly as I watched her from the corner of my eye, she gulped and looked around nervously but made no effort to leave the area where we had been told to wait.

“I’m just saying Amber that this isn’t just pot, this is an actual hallucinogen, this is going to make you see shit, and you don’t know what kind of shit you might see.” She replied as she played with the necklace around her neck, I shrugged my shoulders before starting to use my hands to rave, using my right hand and making a wave motion and letting my left hand follow the motions creating a wave motion with both hands. “Enough of that!” Emily snapped at me making me shoot her a look.

“What’s your problem tonight? You agreed to wanting to do this with me and now you’re getting cold feet.” I snapped back at her watching her face twist as she looked at like I was insane.

“I’m not the one with a problem, that’s you, you’ve become a drug addict almost, I don’t see why you want this so bad.” She hissed at me as I heard a cough coming from behind us. I turned around quickly and faced Chris who looked quite bored, like he had been standing there a while and had overheard the entire conversation.

“Hey Chris, you brought the pills like I asked?” I said effectively ending the conversation, for now. A smirk appeared on the tall man’s well chiseled face as he took out a little baggy from his pocket.

“Did you bring the money?” He replied as he scratched his head and looked around, as if he was watching for someone else that was supposed to show up. I pushed my hand into my pocket and took out the folded up bill.

“Don’t I always.” Was my answer as a smirk appeared on his face.

“Aren’t you the one who always suffers afterwards.” Emily muttered behind me as Chris shot her a look.

“You know the drill, money first then the goods.” Chris told me as he shot a look over his shoulder, watching for people as he out stretched a hand waiting for the money I let out a tiny sigh. Chris wasn’t just a drug dealer he was an old friend, in fact we went to school together, he was in my third block math class. He trusted me when it came to these little get-togethers but business was business and with business there could be no exceptions that included old friends. I slowly put the money in his hand and watched his hand as he slowly moved and dropped the little baggy in my hand. “There they are as promised, now I got to run, got to meet another customer later, pleasure doing business with you.” He told me taking the money and putting it into his pocket as I slipped the baggy up my sleeve.

“As always.” I replied tipping my head as we both turned away from each other. I could hear his shoes crunching on the gravel as he retreated.

“Well?” Emily said in a loud tone as I looked up, I had completely forgotten about her, up until now.

“I got the two pills, as promised. Now let’s go and do them, somewhere else.” I said as she looked at me.

“I don’t know if….” She started hesitantly, trailing off like she normally did when she was about to back out of something, or was about to disagree with something. “I don’t think I want to do those right now.” She said finishing up as I shot her a look.

“What did you just say?” I asked, hoping that I had heard her incorrectly; this had been a major part of my week thinking about today and the anticipation that came with it.

“What I meant was I don’t think we should do those here, we can go back to my place, my parents are gone for the week.” She said in a quick tone as I opened the little baggy and felt around for the tiny pills, feeling my fingers come in contact with the little circular objects and dying to pop it into my mouth and see how I would feel. Without thinking about it I was taking the pill out of the bag and looking at it, examining the little symbol that was stamped into the pill. It was a peace symbol. Did that mean something, would it bring me peace? That was something I was ready to find out, without a second though I opened my mouth and put the little pill in; chewing it thoroughly before swallowing the remainder of the pill.

“Did you just do what I think you just did.” Emily asked as she looked at me in almost disbelief. I looked at her for a moment stupidly, thinking about what she had just said before nodding my head. I had popped a pill, now I was just waiting for the high to set it, I couldn’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let everyone know I'm not encouraging drug use in any way at all. And yes I do know that you're not supposed to chew the pills, but it's a common mistake first time users (myself included when I did drugs) make so I thought that it would be best to include it.

Comments are always muchly appreciated