Status: Writing(:

I Never Thought I'd Fall for You

01-Recognition

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter One
~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room listening to music and doing my homework, like the good child I was, when I heard an awful noise coming from outside. I got up from my place on the floor and looked out the window.

When I looked out I saw a car that had broken down and there was steam coming out of the hood. I saw my dad standing nearby talking to some boy I had never seen before. I decided to go out and see what had happened. I quickly put on my flip-flops and bounded down the attic stairs. I opened the front door and ran over towards my dad. He had helped move the car off the road so it wouldn’t get in anyone’s way.

“What happened here?” I asked.

My dad turned around to look at me and so did the boy. He was stunning to say the least. With his blue eyes that just drew you in and his somewhat tan skin and his hair was shiny and perfect.

“Logan’s car broke down.” My dad told me. I gave the kid an apologetic smile and looked at my dad.

“Can you fix it?” I asked. I didn’t mean to sound rude, but that’s probably the way it came across.

“Darling, we both know that isn’t exactly my department. That’s your mother’s and your grandfather’s.” he told me.

This was true. Dad knew nothing- absolutely nothing about cars. It was quite funny actually- especially when mom would point out some old car and dad would totally bs an answer.

“Trust me- I know. Dumb question.”

“I mean I could look and see.” He suggested.

I looked up at him and gave him a stern look.

He sighed, “I guess you’re right,” he looked up at the kid, “I’ll go call my father-in-law. He’ll be able to help you.” My dad then walked in the house and left me alone with the kid.
It was quiet and awkward for awhile until I decided to introduce myself.

“I’m Ally by the way.” I said, offering my hand.

“Logan.” He simply said. He didn’t look at me or anything. I thought that quite weird. Here I was trying to make conversation and he won’t even look at me!

“Nice to meet you.” I said, trying to be polite.

We stood there for a couple more minutes, until he finally said something.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off rude or anything. It’s just,” he paused, “I just thought that maybe you would recognize me from somewhere.”

I gave him a weird look when he looked me in the eyes. “I’ve never seen you before in my life. Why would I?”

“No reason.” He said, trying to shrug it off.

Well, I’m not the kind of person who let’s things go that easily, “Obviously there was a reason otherwise you wouldn’t have said what you just said without there being a reason as to why I would recognize you.”

It took him a minute to understand what I had just said and by then my dad was walking back out of the house.

“He should be here in about an hour or so. I don’t mean to make you wait, but nobody really comes back here to tow and I would fix it myself, but I’d make it worse.” My dad told Logan.

“He would.” I agreed.

Logan laughed, “Its fine. I’m in no rush- really.”

“Well why don’t you come in and hang out for awhile?” My dad suggested, “We’re having movie night soon.”

“Sure I’d love to.” We all followed my dad into the house and once we were inside, I headed back up to my room to finish some more homework.

As I was lying on the floor I saw something under my bed. I crawled over to it and took it out from under there. When I saw what it was I realized why Logan was scared I would recognize him.

Because in my hand was the movie, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief and on the front, was Logan. The boy in my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short first chapter. Only 691 words, but I thought it was a good way to start the story. Please tell me what you guys all think about it! I actually have this all planned out in my head- well the important stuff anways, haha(: