Status: Writing(:

I Never Thought I'd Fall for You

02- Stay With Us

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Two
~~~~~~~~~~

I heard my dad yelling up the steps for me to come down and eat dinner. I listened to him and when I reached the kitchen I told my mom that it smelt very good. She smiled at me and handed me a plate with mashed potatoes, green beans and steak.

“Getting fancy aren’t we?” I asked.

“Well, I figured since we had a guest tonight I should make something good.” She told me.

“Oh, maybe I should have friends over more now that I know you’ll make a meal instead of having leftovers when there are people over.”

“I make my family excellent meals!” she exclaimed.

“I know you do mom. I was just joking. Calm down.” I told her as I walked over to the table.

I sat down in my regular seat and realized that my twin brother sat across from me. I turned my head sideways and looked at him.

“Logan’s gonna sit there.” Jared simply told me, pointing to his normal seat next to me.

“Oh, ok.” I said, and took a small bite out of my dinner.

“Don’t eat yet!” Dad said, sitting down in his seat at the end of the table.

“Sorry, but I’m hungry. Doing schoolwork does that to you.” I said.

Logan sat down next to me and mom followed suit, sitting at the other end of the table.

“It happens to be Summer Ally. I don’t know why you would be doing work during summer.” Dad said.

“Well, excuse me for having to take five AP’s next year.” I said.

“Alright, guys, time for prayers.” My mom said.

Everyone bowed their heads, while dad said grace.

“Amen.” We all said and dug into our dinners.

“It’s very good mother.” Jared said, stuffing his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

“Table manners!” I said, jokingly, “Yea thanks mom. Glad to know you actually try when we have company over.”

“Oh guys! Thank you, I’m flattered,” She laughed, “You would think I didn’t feed you like this on a normal basis.”

“That’s because you don’t.” My dad said.

“Well that’s funny coming from the man who won’t eat anything.”

I laughed, we liked to joke how my dad had an eating disorder. Of course it wasn’t true though. Dad had just lost a lot of weight from working around the house. He was building a back porch and so far it was coming along pretty well.

“Well, I’ve got to look good.” He said.

“Anyways. How’s the car coming along?” I asked, looking back and forth between my father and Logan.

“Not too well. Grumpa,” Dad said, referring to my grandfather, “had no idea what could be wrong. So he’s taking it up to the shop to take another look at it.”

“So what about Logan?” I asked. Logan was being quiet, so I didn’t see the point in asking him what he was doing.

“He’s gonna stay the night with us. Speaking of that. Will you put clean sheets on the bed in the guest room?” My mom said.

“Sure.” I said, and finished my meal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I know it happens to be a short chapter, I apologize for that! But anyways, I just kinda have to get this story rolling and I had a bit of writer's block when I was typing this up. But I knew I had to get another chapter up, so here it is.
I promise next one will be better and longer.... that's what she said.
Hahaha. Sorry- I had too. Anyways. I hope you liked this.