Status: Writing(:

I Never Thought I'd Fall for You

05- Secret Haven

~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Five
~~~~~~~~~

“Ally, can you give me more orange juice?” Jared asked me, pushing his glass towards me. I simply glared at him as I placed the plate of eggs, bacon and sausage in front of the boys.

“Here.” I said and forcefully placed the jug of orange juice in front of him.

“Thanks.” He said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

As I placed another plate in front of them, full of pancakes and the syrup I glared at my twin. He was always able to get under my skin when others couldn’t. I went back and grabbed utensils and three plates.

“Can you make me toast?” Jared asked, “Hey Logan- you want some toast?”

I narrowed my eyes at my brother and saw Logan nod his head out of the corner of my eye. My shoulders slumped and as I stood putting toast in the toaster and grabbing the butter I saw Logan and Jared fill their plates, leaving almost nothing for me. Becoming furious at this point, once the toast popped up I threw it on the boys’ plates and walked, well stomped, away.

“Did you enjoy the movie dad picked out last night?” Jared asked, referring to the family movie night we had.

I heard Logan’s voice, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying as I landed on the second flight and continued to my room. When I was on my staircase I closed my door and tried locking it, until I remembered that Dad had broken it. I sighed and wished that the boys wouldn’t try to bother me.

As I looked at the clock again, I decided to take a quick shower and walked into my bathroom. I was so happy when dad had agreed to me having my own bathroom. For weeks nothing could bring me down. I had hated sharing a bathroom with Jared, especially since he always left his towel and clothes lying around and I was the one who always had to clean up his mess. I started the water and went back out to my room to grab a pair of khaki shorts and a light blue button down shirt.

I tested the water with my hand and once I determined that it was warm enough I turned on my Ipod and selected a playlist. Downtown Fiction’s I Don’t Wanna Run began to play and I started to sing as I got into the shower.

As I got out, I quickly dried off and began to get dressed, wrapping my hair up in my towel so my clothes wouldn’t get wet. As I finished buttoning my shirt I took the towel off my head and began to towel dry my hair. When I decided that it was dry enough I hurriedly brushed it and put on some makeup.

I walked back into my room and grabbed a pair of sandals before running down the stairs and yelling to Jared I was going out. I went outside and grabbed my turquoise bike from the side of the garage. Just as I was getting on I heard a shout from Logan.

“Ally! Hey, can I join you?”

“I’d like some alone time.” I told him, as I began to ride my bike on the grass, heading towards the woods in the backyard.

“We need to spend some time together though, considering we are now-”

“Alright! Alright. Shut up, we don’t need anyone to hear you. Jared’s bike is in the garage. Meet me in the backyard.” I said, cutting him off.

I saw him smirk at me and as he went to the garage I quickly peddled to the backyard and stopped right in front of the woods waiting for Logan.

“Come on slow poke!” I yelled over my shoulder to Logan.

We had gone into the woods and since I never biked on the trail, I immediately led Logan off path and into the overgrowth of the woods. Considering that Logan had never been back here before, he was doing a pretty good job keeping up with me.

“Ally, where are we going?” I heard him yell to me from behind.

“You’ll see in a second and trust me, it’ll be worth this.” I told him as we biked even further into the woods. I soon stopped and saw Logan flash by.

“You could’ve warned me when you were going to stop.” Logan exclaimed as he came walking up to me, pushing the bicycle.

“I thought you’d realize I was slowing and stop.”

Logan gave me a look of disapproval and I shrugged my shoulders as I walked past him and went behind a bush to get to the water that was behind it.

“This place is amazing.” Logan commented.

I sat down on one of the rocks and stuck my feet into the water as I looked around the decent sized lake and to the meadow next to it. The trees and bushes around the place made it private and gave it a nice amount of shade.

“Yea, I love it here. I come here to clear my head, sometimes I even go swimming back here.”

“By yourself?” he asked, sitting down next to me.

“Yeah, why?” I picked up a stone and threw it. There was a loud plop and then there were a bunch of ripples.

“Isn’t that dangerous?”

“I suppose so, but eh…” I said, stopping my sentence and shrugged my shoulders.

“What do you mean ‘eh’?” he asked me. I turned to look at him, but I realized he was already looking at me. His bright blue eyes were boring into mine and I quickly looked away, feeling like an open book.

“You know.” I said, trying to get away from answering his question.

“No. I don’t actually.” He said and I watched as he took off his shoes and put his feet into the water as well.

“It’s complicated.” I told him.

“I’ve got time.” He said, not letting the subject go.

“Look, if I knew you really well and trusted you- I might tell you the story. But seeing as I don’t, I’m not going to.” I told him. No one knew about the story, not even my twin brother. However, I knew that Jared knew something was up, but he knew better than to ask and pester. He knew that I would come and tell him in my own time.

“Well speaking of not knowing each other, I think we should get to know each other, especially if we’re going to pull this stunt off.” He said and stood up. I watched as he took off his shirt and jumped in the water. I put my arms in front of me to shield me from the splashing water.

“Isn’t that dangerous?” I asked, mocking him.

“Not when you have a buddy.” He told him, as he tried to grab a hold of my leg. However, I wasn’t strong enough and I felt him tugging of my feet.

“I’m not getting in.” I told him, crossing my arms in front of chest.

I felt him tug on my legs again, his hands not leaving my ankles. “Oh come on Ally.”

“Nope, sorry. Not happening.”

“You aren’t sorry.”

I shrugged, “Eh, no, I’m really not. Besides I’m not getting in with these clothes on. They aren’t swim friendly.”

“Well you know you could always-”

“No, don’t even think about it buddy.”

“Why? It’s just like wearing bikini.”

“I don’t like to wear bikinis.” I told him.

“You don’t?” he asked me, sounding surprised and looking at me curiously. He began to swim backwards, never breaking eye contact with me. “Why’s that?”

“No reason.” I lied.

Logan must have noticed right away because then he simply asked. “Body issues? There’s no reason you should have those.”

It was my turn to give him the questioning look.

“I’m a guy. I notice things.” Before I could say something to him, he continued. “Are there any snakes in here?”

“No, not that I know of.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Something just brushed up against my leg.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “That’s because there’s a bunch of fish in there. Don’t worry; they’ll just nibble a bit.”

Logan and I got to talking by playing twenty questions, which helped us get to know each other a bit better. We then started to talk about how we were going to make this dating scheme work. We were both a bit unsure how to go about, especially because I could tell that he was hiding stuff from me. For example, him being a celebrity. By the time we got back to the house, it was dark and everyone had finished dinner. Jared then left not much longer to stay with a friend and my parents went out to see a movie or something which left me and Logan alone in the house. I decided to make a bowl of cereal for dinner and Logan joined me. Shortly afterwards, we plopped ourselves in front of the television and flipped through the channels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ello, I totally forgot about this story until I was going through my old computer and transfering my old documents to my memory stick. So I thought I would update it especially because I found some of the chapter I was working on in one of my notebooks. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.