Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

Throw some glitter, make it rain

After a while it's become completely normal to wake up with a splitting headache. The kind that hurts even when you're not moving. The kind that feels like someone shot you in the back of the head and then tried to remove the bullet with a knife laced with acid.

Nobody said this was easy. 

I realize that there's something fleshy pressed against my cheek and I hope to god that I'm not in someone else's bed. At least, not anyone other than my best friend. I open my eyes slowly and feel relief wash over me when I see the familiar mop of black hair and bright green eyes looking down at me. Joy, even. 

I raise my head from his shoulder and look around, noticing that we're in my sorry excuse of a room before laying back down. 

"Did I get hit with a nightstick last night?" I ask, cringing when my voice comes out cracked and broken. 

Killian lets out a strained chuckle. "I can't tell if your life is amazing or needs reevaluation when 'did I get hit with a nightstick' is a legitimate question."

"Let's go with amazing. I tried this new shit last night and once you get past the part where you think you're gonna die, it's the most amazing drug I've ever experienced." I smile. He shifts uncomfortably and I groan. "The hangover isn't too great though." 

As if on cue, Killian produces a bottle of extra strength Tylenol and a glass of ice cold kool-aid. He knows me so well. I open my mouth and he places three pills on my tongue gingerly before cupping the back of my head softly and putting the cup to my lips carefully. 

He does this with such close precision that you'd think it was his job, which, in a way, it is. 

It's not that I don't feel bad about him feeling like he has to take care of me, I do. And it's not that I don't appreciate it because god knows I'd be completely lost without him but it's not like he's going anywhere. He wouldn't leave me, would he? No, never. I mean, I feel bad but not bad enough to do anything about it.

He sets the glass back on the side table and runs his fingers through my hair before crossing his arms tightly across his chest. "Do you want the lecture now or later?" 

I groan and burry my face into his side, savoring the heat. "If I buy you three hundred dollars worth of McDonalds will that make up for me being such an ass?" 

He ponders this for a moment before sighing. "How about you buy me a hundred dollars worth of Taco Bell and I'll shorten the lecture to two sentences?"

I figure that this is as good of an offer as any and I agree, sitting up and swinging my legs over the edge of my bed. 

"Chretion, I really think you should slow down. I don't want you to get lost in all of this mess. I don't wanna loose my best friend because you mean the world to me." He follows me to the bathroom and supports my weight when I stumble. He turns on the shower, sets out some towels and practically undresses me in preparation of a shower. Not that I'm complaining.

"Technically that was three sentences. You're down to seventy-five dollars." I tease, before stepping into the small tiled area. 

"I'm going downstairs. Don't break anything." He warns. 

I scoff and roll my eyes even though he can't see. "I put one hole in a wall and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy." 

I hear Killian laugh before the door closes behind him and a warm feeling spreads throughout me that isn't a result of the water. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Happy third chapter!
I don't know if my co-author knows this but I'm totally in love with her.
She's so amazing and superior to all life forms.
I mean, seriously.

The title came from Ke$ha, actually. The one song Blow which I've had stuck in my head all fucking day. The DJ DarkIntensity version though. The original sucks.

S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W.
IntentToStartAFire

You guys deserve cookies.
Which kind is your favorite??

Anywhoo, please Comment&Subscribe
It'd mean the world.