Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

The only hope for me is you alone.

I can’t believe that after all this time, Chresh and I are finally together. I don’t think I’ve ever been son excited to wake up in the morning as I am now, knowing that Chretion is there waiting for me.

Today, he said I might get to meet Casey’s girlfriend, Nicole. From what I’ve heard from Casey and Chretion, she’s a pretty amazing girl. Maybe when they get out of the center, we can go on a double date.

That brings up the question, though, what will happen when Chretion gets out? He only has about a month and a half. Where is he going to live? His family kicked him out.

He could always live with me, but I don’t know if that’d be such a good idea, what with our new relationship. Living under the same roof with your boyfriend and you mom probably won’t be so much fun.

Plus, I’m going to school in Boston next year at Emerson, majoring in radio. What will Chretion do? I know he applied to schools, because I forced him. He has at least decent SATs, because, despite all the partying, he knew that he needed to get out of his house and that the easiest way to do that was to go to college far away. But I have no idea if he got in anywhere.

I don’t know if I could deal with living in a different city as Chretion, not to mention a different state, not now that I finally have him back. But what would I do if he ended up somewhere in California? I could never ask him to give up on having a college education for me. I want him to have the best life he can and I want him to be able to go where he wants to go for college and not be tied down by wanting to be near me.

When I got to the center, I’d made up my mind to talk to him about it. Chretion only has 6 weeks left. Whatever I’m planning, I better get started soon.

“Kil?” Chretion called, running up to me as I entered the common room and kissing me deeply.

“Wow.” I said when we broke apart. “If that’s the reaction I get after 20 hours, maybe I should stay away longer.”

“Please don’t.” Chresh said in a joking tone, but a hint of worry crept in.

“I won’t.” I said. “I don’t think I could stay away if I wanted to.”

“Hey, Killian. Forgive me if I don’t greet you with as much enthusiasm as Chresh did.” Casey said from his place on the couch.

“No problem.” I said. “I think I’d rather you didn’t anyway.”

“You better not.” Chretion said to Casey in a warning tone. “Or else we’ve got a problem.”

“Chill. I don’t want your boyfriend.” Casey said, rolling his eyes. “I’ve already got an amazing girlfriend. I don’t need anyone else.”

“Chresh?” I asked. “Can we go somewhere to talk?”

“Is something wrong? You’re not sick of me already, are you?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. And I’d be crazy to break up with you. We just need to talk about living arrangements.”

“Oh. yeah, sure. We can go use a counseling room.”

He pulled me into the room and I smiled, remembering our history here.

“I like this room.” I said. “I’ll always remember it.”

“We need to take a picture in here before I leave. To commemorate the special occasion that happened in here.”

“Sounds amazing.” I said. “Just promise me that you aren’t going to bring me back here and propose to me in the future or some shit.”

Chretion burst into laughter, pulling me down onto the couch to sit with him. I leaned my head on his chest and felt him laughing, loving the sound of his laugh.

“So, living arrangements.” he asked after he calmed down. “What about them?”

“Well, you got kicked out of your home. And I'm moving to Boston for college.”

“Yeah.” he said, not seeming to catch on.

“So that’s in a different state.”

“I know.” he said. “We’re moving.”

“What do you mean ‘I know’? Wait. We’re?”

“Yeah. You didn’t think I’d let you go off to school all alone, did you?”

“What?”

“Kil, I did get into college, you know. Tufts. Which is in Boston.”

“Really? Chresh, that’s perfect!”

“I know. So why are you so fussed about this?”

“I don’t know, Chresh, maybe because you decided not to tell me until now.”

“I kind of wanted it to be a surprise, but I didn’t want you to be so worried about it.” he said. “I mean, I just wanted to be near you and I knew your dream was to be in Boston, because it was such a good place for schools and you could always take the train whenever you want to get back to visit your mom. I didn’t want you to have to choose between me and your dream. And besides, Tufts has a good architecture program.”

“Architecture?” I said. “You’re going to do architecture? That’s amazing! You’ve always loved buildings. I remember you with your legos when you were younger.”

“Yeah.” he said. “And everything works out so well. I’m just really happy we can be together.”

“Me too.” I said, pulling him into a hug and resting my face in the crook of his neck.

Chretion pulls me away from him, only to pull me back in almost immediately for a passionate kiss. I got lost in the feeling of his skin against mine, loving that we were now able to do this whenever we wanted. Well, whenever we were together.

“Hey, Killian?” he said, pulling away. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random chapter title. It's by MCR.

It's 13 minutes into Wednesday. I think that counts.

If you like Harry Potter, I would be eternally grateful if you guys would go and check out my Remus/Sirius story on fanfiction.net and, if you've got an account there, then I'd love if you can leave a review!

Thanks to the following for commenting

Snowfall Melody
hatsu-kouen2143
miss.sobriety
Skwahdala
IntentToStartAFire
Emochick920

and to the rest of you for reading/subscribing!

<3 Casey