Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

Love is more than just another word

Killian was right on time as usual and I couldn't wait to give him the surprise I'd thought of. I know he'll love it and I seriously can't wait to see that heart melting smile. As soon as he walks into the common room, I gather him into my arms and kiss him deeply with as much passion as I can possibly muster. 

"Happy one month." I murmur, pulling away only a few inches. 

"You. . . you remembered that?" He asks, slightly astonished.

"Of course I remembered. How could I forget the best day of my life?" 

"And you call me the cheesy one." He laughs, rolling his eyes playfully. 

I thread my fingers through his and pull him through the sliding glass doors that lead through the garden. "Given the day, I'd say I'm allowed to be as cheesy as I wanna be." 

"Uh, Chresh, are we allowed to be out here?" Killian worries his lip between his teeth and I fight the urge to coo.

"It's okay, I got permission earlier." I shrug, leading him to the blue and white checkered blanket I laid out here an hour ago. The wicker picnic basket sits in the middle of it proudly, the area surrounded by a plethora of lilies growing tall from the ground. 

Kil smiles like a dork when he realizes what it is and laughs happily. "A picnic? Really? You're extra cheesy today." 

"Not cheesy. Cliche. You love cliche." I point out.

He nods in agreement. "You are correct about this." 

"I know I am." I laugh, dropping down onto the blanket and pulling him with me. "I just wanted it to be special for us and I had limited options. You're special to me, you know that." 

"Yeah, I know." Killian smiles and leans up to kiss me slowly. "You're special to me too. This is why I love you."

I quickly shake my head and open the wicker basket in front of us. "Or is this the reason you love me?" 

He gives me a quizzical look as I pull the mouth watering desert from the basket. When he sees what it is his eyes go wide.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"Open up and find out." I grin, holding a forkful in front of his mouth. He complies and I place the treat on his tongue, watching with glee as his eyes roll to the sky.

"Nana's peach cobbler." He moans giddily. "Chresh, where'd you get this?"

"Uh, Nana? Duh. You know I talk to her everyday with that half an hour phone call. I told her about the occasion and she was only too happy to make and deliver a special cobbler for her two favorite men last night." I wink, taking a bite myself. 

Killian simply looks at me in amazement before leaning over and choking me in a hug. "I love you so much. You know that, right?"

"Of course I know that. I love you too." I sigh, content just like this. This is how it should always be. Him in my arms and me in his. Unfortunately, college is less that two months away and I won't get to see him nearly as much. Our schools might be in the same city but they're still so far away from each other. 

As if reading my mind, Killian kisses me, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I, um, I have something to ask you, actually."

"Yeah? What's that?" I give him my full attention, noticing that he sounds kind of nervous.

Kil sighs and grabs onto my fingers, twisting them this way and that, an adorable nervous habit that he picked up over the years. "Well, I was thinking the other day-"

"You were thinking?" I joke. "That's never good."

He giggles but tries to pull a straight face before whining. "Chresh, I'm serious!"

"I'm sorry, Killy. Continue." 

"Well, I was thinking about Boston and . . . college and us." He pauses and looks up into my eyes, as if asking for permission to continue. I quickly nod and he looks back to our intertwined fingers. "And, um, I was thinking about how the dorms would maybe be a bad idea because of all the temptation that you'd have and don't get me wrong, I trust you, but I don't want you to be stressed out about it all the time. So. So I was thinking that maybe wecouldgetanapartmenttogether?"

The last rush of words confuse me for a second but I soon realize what he's saying. I smile a bit and cock my head. "You want us to move in together?"

"It doesn't have to be like, as boyfriends. It could be just a roommate thing, though I'm ready to take that step in our relationship, honestly." His words are quick yet again and I kiss his head gently to get him to calm down. 

"That sounds great." I agree. "Better than great, actually. I'd love to move in with you."

Killian looks up at me with uncertainty written all over his face. "As roommates or-"

"As boyfriends. Sharing a room. Sharing a bed. The whole nine." I grin. His face lights up and he smiles that heart melting smile.

"Really?"

"Of course." 

He throws his arms around my neck causing me to wobble a bit before balancing him on my lap easily. "Oh, Chresh. This is gonna be awesome."

"I know." I agree, pulling a plate of the forgotten dessert closer. "I get to live with the man I love. What could be better than that?" Killian sighs and snuggles into my chest happily. Seriously, what could be better?

|~|


"Chretion, stop sulking." Nicole begs, pulling on my arms, trying to get them uncrossed to no avail.

"No."

"Why? C'mon. It's supposed to be a happy day." She persuades.

"Happy? Casey is leaving! How am I supposed to be happy? He's my best friend." I argue.

Killian appears by my side from thin air and pouts. "I thought I was your best friend." 

"You're my soul mate, Killy. Completely different. Much more important." I correct, leaning down to kiss him quickly.

"Mmm. Okay, I can let that one slide." He winks. "Are you really that upset about Casey? He'll still be around. He even said he'd come visit until you got out too. Plus, you've still got me."

I smile at him softly and encircle my arms around his waist. "I'll always have you. I guess . . . I'll be so lonely now when you're not here. He was my source of entertainment. How am I gonna get through these last three weeks?"

Kil bites his lip and shrugs. "There's plenty of things to do, Chresh. You could take a two week class at The Y and I can bring you some comic books." I send him a look and he shakes his head. "Sorry, graphic novels."

"I guess you're right." I sigh, breathing in his relaxing sent.

"I know I'm right." He grins. "Now, go on and help Casey with his bags." 

I let go of him reluctantly and climb the three flights of stairs only to be met by Casey coming down. He laughs and hands me a bag which I promptly shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you." 

He looks at me and grins. "I'll miss you too but I'll still be around. Just think, in three weeks this'll be you." 

Now it's my turn to grin. "I can't wait for that day." 

"It's closer than you think." He insists as we pass into the common room. Nicole helps lighten the load for him and hugs both Killian and I before heading out. Casey gives Kil a back cracking hug before turning to me. "Don't drive Jonan crazy and play nice with the other kids." 

I just shake my head and hug him one more time. "Be careful out there in the real world. They're not all as nice as we are."

Casey laughs and agrees before promising to see us in a few days and heading out too. I collapse on the couch and Kil curls up to my side. "I guess it's just you and me now." He sighs.

"You're all I really need anyway." I murmur, half joking but wholly serious. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh. I love this so much.
I can't believe it took us like, 40 chapters to get them together.

I'm trying to hurry up and update before my power goes out (hurricane Irene is a fucking slut), so I can't do shout outs right now. I'm sorry but thanks to everyone who DID comment. we really appreciate it.

Let us know what you think?