Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

Would it be so cliche?

"Chresh?" I called out across the apartment. "Do you want to go buy paint for the bedroom today?"

He stuck his head out of the doorway of the bedroom where he was unpacking the last of his clothes into the dresser. "What's wrong with what it is now?"

"It's white." I said. "I thought it'd remind you of the clinic."

Chretion stood up and looked around. "Hmm. Yeah, it does. I guess I was just so used to it I didn't even notice.... It is a little disconcerting... " He seemed to mull it over as he walked to where I was standing in the living room. "Yeah, let's paint it. It'll be fun, and isn't that like, one of those things couples are supposed to do when they move in together?"

I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. "Yeah, I think it'll be really fun. What colors were you thinking?"

"Anything but white." he chuckled. "I refuse to have white walls ever again."

"Okay." I said. "We'll get something bright." I kissed him quickly before grabbing the keys from the dish next to the door and beckoning him to follow.

***

Three hours later, we were on the floor in the paint department of Lowes with what started as more than 30 different paint chips. We'd managed to get it down to four: a nice cherry red, a bright Kelly green, a deep ocean blue and a bright yellow.

"I don't know... I just feel like if we use any one of these on a whole wall, it'll be way too bright." I said, leaning my chin in my hands.

"I know what you mean. I don't want it to look like the inside of a circus tent."

"Can I help you two?" A woman in a red vest said, looking down at use with an amused smile.

"We're painting our bedroom." Chretion said, making me smile and swoon a bit. He was so open about telling people we were together, he didn't even seem to notice.

"Well, what are you wondering about?" she said. "You've got some bright colors picked out."

"Yeah, we're a bit worried about that." I said. "I think they'll look too bright."

"Well, there's always the option of an accent wall." she said and, seeing our blank looks, explained further. "It's when you have 3 walls a neutral color like black and your favorite color out of the ones you picked on the accent wall."

Chretion looked at me with a ridiculously excited smile on his face.

"What?" I said.

"Splatter paint." he said, sounding excited. "And then the rest of the walls can be red."

I kissed him quickly, unable to resist when I saw how cute he looked when he was this excited. "Sounds perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a fun little thing that'll lead to something great ;)

miss.sobriety
Skwahdala
Emochick920
eric halvorsen
matthuee.
crescendo.
IntentToStartAFire [X2]
hatsu-kouen2143


Thank you! Comments make our day brighter. Chretion's mom is not, in fact, dead but she is now out of the picture. It's best for everybody ;)

Next chapter should be interesting and coming on Saturday so look forward to that!

Let us know what you think?