Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

Practically perfect

Sun was streaming in through a crack in the curtains and I closed my eyes even tighter to stop myself from being blinded. It couldn't be time to get up yet. I was much too comfortable for it to be time to get out of bed.

I turned away from the light and smiled when I felt the distinct pressure of an arm draped across my waist. Memories from yesterday came rushing back and I smiled contentedly at the butterflies in my stomach. Chretion still made me feel like a giddy school girl whenever he showed me just how much he cared for me. And he'd never treated me in as gentle a way as he did last night.

He was so careful with me, as if I was the most precious thing in the world. He showed me that he wanted me, but he was still making sure that I was completely and totally comfortable with everything that happened. I really couldn't be happier right now.

Chretion hummed and blinked his eyes open sleepily. A slow smile stretched across his face when he saw me looking at him and he tightened his hold around my waist.

"Good morning." he said, kissing my neck and tucking his head into the curve of my shoulder.

"Morning." I said, hugging him tight, running one hand up and down his back. I was still getting used to being able to have him this close and to feel his warm skin against mine. We may have cuddled before, but not while shirtless. His skin was so warm and smooth... "I don't think you're allowed to wear a shirt to bed ever again."

"Oh really?" he said, smiling against my shoulder.

"Really."

"Well, then, neither are you." he said. "Actually-" he pulled back to look me up and down "- I don't think you're allowed to wear anything at all."

"Oh yeah?" I said, smirking softly. "As long as you don't either."

"Then it's settled." he said. "No clothes in bed. It's officially a rule."

I laughed and kissed him softly, but Chresh had other ideas and moved his hands to cup my cheeks, stopping me from pulling away. I kissed him deeply, smiling at how much he seemed to want to be close to me right now. I was still just basking in the amazing feeling of having Chretion all to myself.

Chretion pulled away and kissed me one more time before getting up and walking out of the bedroom, not even bothering to put on a pair of boxers.

"I didn't know the rule extended past the bedroom." I called out.

"You know you like it." he called back. "Don't even try to pretend you don't."

I got up and slid on the first pair of boxers I found, walking slowly towards the kitchen, tiredness and our activities from last night slowing me down. I found Chretion in front of the stovetop, humming to himself as he cooked a few slices of bacon on one skillet and scrambled eggs on another.

"You're quick." I said, yawning slightly as I moved to stand behind him.

"Well, you know, I'm happy." he said. "And I wanna make breakfast for you. Now, go sit down. I know you're probably feeling it still from last night, and you don't need to put yourself through any more trouble because of me. God knows you've been through enough. Now, it's my turn to take care of you."

I smiled and kissed the back of his neck and moving to sit on the couch that was in the living room, just next to the kitchen, where I could see Chretion in all his glory.

"You know, I'm not gonna lie, I could get used to seeing you naked all the time." I said. "Seriously. We just might have to extend the rule past the bedroom."

"If you want to see me naked, all you have to do is ask." he said, turning to me and winking.

"Hey, Chresh?" I asked, suddenly serious. "Are you... happy?"

He turned to look at me with a confused expression on his face. "Of course I'm happy. I'm the happiest I've ever been. Now that I don't have to depend on anything or anyone but you and myself, I'm much happier. I would give anything to make this last forever."

I smiled and looked down at my hands in my lap. "Me too."

Is it just me, or does life seem practically perfect?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well....

So sad news, this is most likely the second to last chapter of Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight, ever. Nicole and I will be sad to see it go, and I hope you guys will, too...We've got something else in the works, though, so get excited about that! A little bit more light-hearted than this one...

Thanks to the following for commenting:

IntentToStartAFIre
Caitlynnnn
Emochick920
miss.sobriety
matthuee.
hatsu-kouen2143
Skwahdala
sacrilegiousx (if that's you in your avatar, you are absolutely gorgeous)

and to the rest of you for reading!

<3 Casey