Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

This is just the beginning - epologue

Six years. Two months. Nineteen days. That's how long I've been sober. For the most part, it's been easy. Temptation hasn't pulled me too hard and when it has, Killian has been there to help get rid of it. If there was a party one of my college friends was having that I really wanted to go to, Kil would blow off studying to go with me and keep my head on straight. And in the same respect he would, on occasion, convince me to blow off the party all together and spend a night in, just the two of us.

Killian. Six years. Three hours. Forty-seven minutes. That's how long it's been since I told him I love him for the first time, I counted. And honestly, that love has only grown with each passing second. I don't think I could even begin to imagine what my life would be like without him but why would I want to?

Clueless. Baffled. Floored. However you want to say it, I was completely bewildered by the amount of emotion that rushed trough me every time Killian popped up in my mind. Each and every day for the past six years, my love for my best friend has only grown. 

Don't get me wrong, we've definitely had our low days but those days are nothing compared to those months when I was an addict. Everything seems easy compared to that and I thank whatever higher power there may be that we got the worst out of the way before our relationship truly started. Better yet, that's what got our relationship started in the first place. It was really very bittersweet. Sweet because I now have the love of my life. Bitter because, well, you know.

Nothing will ever be as bad as that, though. We got through the worst possible situation and that built us to be stronger than most married couples are at their twenty-fifth anniversary. This is only our sixth and I plan on making it special.

Killian comes into the room and I look up from the floor plans I've been drawing up, smiling at my gorgeous soon-to-be fiancée boyfriend.

"Chresh, baby, I know that's a really important house you're drawing up and everything but can you come help me set up?" He asks, standing directly in front of me. I save my progress and shut the computer before pulling him down onto my lap. Kil giggles and cups my face in his hands, placing a gentile kiss to my lips.

"How about you take a break, baby? I think you've been overworking yourself. First the new job, then the new house, now the party." 

He pouts a bit and pecks my lips one more time before standing and pulling me out of my desk chair. "Do you have something against my new job?"

"No! Of course not! It's your dream job Killy. I want you to write until your heart can't write anymore. The only possible problem I would have with that is if it took away time we could spend together." 

He blushes just a bit and moves on. "Well, what do you have against the new house?" 

"Again, nothing. I adore our new home not only because it's fucking awesome but because it's ours. Besides, I'm ecstatic to finally be getting out of that small place. It was perfect for college but-"

"We're not in college anymore."

"Exactly. Now, I'm just saying that we literally just got finished unpacking yesterday and we're already throwing a housewarming party." I say, bringing his hands up to my mouth and placing small kisses to his fingers. "I don't want you to get all stressed out." 

"I won't." He assures. "Especially not when I have you to keep me stress free." 

Kil winks and laces his fingers with mine before leading me into the backyard to help finish getting ready for our party guests. 

All things considered, I think this is the perfect time to pop the question. Between the new job and new house, I think taking our relationship to that final step would be a perfect addition to our newly changing life. Plus, all of our friends and family are coming to this housewarming party. I know Killian would love for them to all be here to share the moment.

The only person who know about this is his mom. I made a special trip back home just to ask permission for his hand in marriage. She definitely appreciated the gesture and didn't hesitate to agree, insisting that she went ring shipping with me.

Killian and I have perfect timing as the second we're finished, the doorbell rings. He looks at me and smiles happily as I follow him to the front door, placing a hand on his hip as he opens it. Casey and Nicole beam at us from the other side, hugging us instantly. I rub Nicole's awoken belly and joke about the world not being able to handle a mini Casey and everything is so perfect. 

Kil leads them into the back as I greet the rest of the first wave of guests. Old college buddies and new work mates mingle together in the impressive sized backyard and before long, everyone is here. 

The music plays perfectly and the conversations flow better than I could have even hoped. Killian is laid back for the first time in weeks and that alone sends joy sparking through me. The weather is a cool, perfect 76 degrees and the sun has just begun to set and the overall setting is brilliant. 

This being said, I decide that right now, this very moment, is the moment I want to be remembered as the anniversary of our engagement. As surreptitiously as I can, I slip into the house to get the little velvet box I've hidden deep within my desk and step back outside before finding Killian and smoothly extracting him from his current conversation. 

I pull him into the very middle of the yard before begging him to stay and running to shut off the music in order to get all eyes on me. This isn't hard. As soon as the music stops, everyone turns to me in question. And this is where the nervousness kicks in. 

I hope I'm not about to make a complete fool of myself. I look over at nana and Mrs. Michaels and they smile back at me encouragingly. Those two smiles build my confidence to new heights and I turn to Killian who's looking at me with the most adorable confused expression. 

I begin walking towards him, maintaining eye contact at all times. "Killian Michaels, if I'm being completely honest, these past six years have been the best years that I could have ever anticipated having in my life and they're all because of you. Your touches, your kisses, the way you say my name, your eyes, your voice in the morning, hell, even the way you yell at me when I forget to lock the door at night. All of this has steadily made my life better and I want you to stay in it. Permanently." 

At this time, I'm standing right in front of Kil and he's looking at me with wide, surprised eyes. Actually, everyone is looking at me like this but Killian is the only one I care about. I pull the small box out of my pocket and drop to one knee.

His hands fly to his mouth and tears instantly spring up in his eyes. I open the box to reveal a gleaming, diamond studded band. It's simple and not over the top at all. Very traditional, just the way he likes it. 

"Killian Michaels, the only thing about you that I want to change is your last name. Will you do me the honor of being Killian Parks? Will you marry me and be my husband?" 

Exactly three seconds pass before I'm tackled to the ground by a very happy Killian. He kisses me hard and pulls away quickly. "Yes! Yes, of course!"

I laugh and sit up, positioning him neatly in my lap in a classy form of straddling, and take the ring from the box before slipping it onto the correct extended finger where it will forever remain. Cheers and applause erupt around us as we kiss again. And again. And again. 

And this will never end because now he's mine forever.

I can honestly say that Killian saved my my life. Where would I be without him? I don't know and I certainly never want to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End


I know you guys. It's sad to see them go but we definitely are excited that it's a happy ending, are we not? Its time to let our boys fly on their own now, no matter how much we'll miss them.

matthuee.
miss.sobriety (X2)
Skwahdala (X2(
hatsu-kouen2143
Emochick920


Casey and I just want to thank everyone who commented and subscribed or even just gave this the time of day. You will never have any idea how much it means to us. We're actually going to be starting another story together soon so maybe keep an eye out for that one!

If you can't get enough of our stories, check out my stories and Casey's stories. You honestly couldn't go wrong either way. And don't forget to keep an eye out for the new one! It should be up semi-soon.

So, for the last time, let us know what you think?