Warmness on the Soul

Wednesday (I)

Wednesday rolled around in a rainy, grey blur, so fast that it left people behind, thinking that it was still Monday.

Matt Sanders could once again be found inside the hospital’s chapel, praying for Val, Dylan, and himself once again. The three week anniversary of Val comatose state had sparked his return to religion.

Once satisfied with everything he’d asked of God, he walked back towards Val’s room remembering little things before her accident.

The Monday before the accident the two of them had decided to get the guys in and paint the nursery, but, seeing as they didn’t know the sex of the babies it was a toss up between the colour ‘Cheesecake’ and another colour ‘Lemon’, both looked yellow to Matt. However, he smiled, and nodded and smirked at Val and her twin sister Michelle as they both ‘um’d’ and ‘ah’d’ about what colour would go best, eventually deciding on ‘Cheesecake’ because, according to them, it was the softer colour, it also made the lighting in the hallway look awesome.

Matt and the boys were done in no time and they all decided to have a ‘good ol’ barbeque’ in the backyard, seeing as it was roasting out.

That was before Matt’s world became a Roman Fort, crumbling down around him. Before life as he knew it had changed, changed with one phone call. Before he was a daddy.

Matt had never liked changed, he didn’t like to readjust.

Val is his world, the one reason he breaths. Seeing her lying there, so pale, so helpless, she was the porcelain doll and he wanted to be her, for want of a better word, collector, too look after her, make sure nothing hurt her.

Matt had never liked feeling helpless.

The guys helped as much as they could, but they’re guys, they don’t know how to express themselves. Especially not in the way Val would. The way she would make everything ok again.

Matt needed Val, and so did Dylan.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 updates in one night? Jeez, haha.

I'm in a writing mood, I'm venting, my stupid external hard-drive broke, all my music, all movies, essays, photos gone, poof, just like that. Needless to say, comments would make my day.