Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

For John O'Callaghan, life was good; he had a successful band and he had half the female population pining after him. His life was a blur of parties and good times. He played love as if was a game and when a new girl comes to town he plans to add her to his list of conquests. There was only one thing he couldn't anticipate, she was better at the game than he was.

"I think I'm in love with her," He whispered to his reflection after realizing he had all the classic signs. His heart raced whenever she came into sight, the sound of her voice alone could brighten his day and it was impossible to keep the smile off his face. He noticed his best friend's shoulders tighten at the words. "What?"

"She's playing you dude, I'm sorry I didn't think it would get this far," His best friend spoke with a hesitation in his voice, simply because he knew the truth would break his friend- and it did. "I just, I didn't know it would get this far," He tried to give some solace to the shocked boy sitting next to him.

He couldn't believe it was fake, he couldn't wrap his mind around it. How could the moments they shared be a hoax. It was all an illusion, he thought, but it was a sweet illusion.