Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

the real world.

John and Elliot continued to talk, sharing things back and forth and before he knew it they were talking like old friends, laughing about things. The problem was when John grabbed her hand when they reached the door, she slipped hers away. "Goodnight," Elliot whispered directly into his ear before smiling and walking into her house. There were shivers shooting down his back and she was gone, just like that.

He sighed loudly and turned to walk back towards the street. Shoving his hands back into his pockets, this wasn't like him. He didn't walk girls home from parties, at least not with getting into their beds directly after that. He didn't even get a kiss goodnight, just her sweet voice in his ear. He ran his fingers through his hair wondering what just happened. He had been relatively certain Elliot hated him, or at least didn't like him yet, but instead he was wondering about her. What made her tick?

"Shit," John muttered under his breath realizing what exactly he was feeling in his stomach, a warm light feeling. It was nice and comforting, as if he had just spent all day with his friends, laughing or as if it was Christmas morning when he was a little kid again. This wasn't a feeling he got from girls, ever.

He was back outside of the house, but he couldn't bring himself to go inside, he stared at the house lit up like a Christmas tree and blaring music loudly. His mind flashed back to what Elliot and he had talked about being alone, her answer fit the moment perfectly; right now he wanted to be alone, to sort out his thoughts.

The universe had different plan for him as Jared laughed loudly coming out of the house with Madison and Kennedy in tow, both of them flushed with wild hair and John smirked to himself. "Bro! Where have you been?" Jared asked as Kennedy giggled wrapping his arm around Madison.

"I just walked Elliot home and before you say it, nothing happened," He added on bitterly, nothing happened- still. Jared snorted and John thought about how much his friends really had lost their faith in him. It was a little disheartening. "So you're on drunk patrol?" John changed the subject swiftly.

"Yeah, let's get these drunkie poos home," Jared nodded with a childish voice leading them over to his car. John shrugged and tagged along, figuring he could at least talk to his best friend about her.

They got Kennedy and Madison back safely to the Brock household, with only Kennedy vomiting in the bushes before he got inside. Jared and John walked in silence back to the car, John's mind immediately went to the brunette inside the house who had managed to capture his attention. Something made his heart flutter, the sheer idea that she was inside gave him a rush of sorts.

"Are you okay dude?" Jared asked after noticing John's solemn demeanor and John sighed debating on whether or not to spill his guts to the redhead next to him. Then he realized Jared had been his best friend since middle school, if he couldn't admit his feelings to him, he was fucked.

"Don't say I told you so, but I'm kind of over the whole fuck-'em and chuck-'em thing," He admitted quietly before they drove to Denny's which was the only thing still open this late at night. John wasn't hungry though he was too tangled in thoughts to be hungry.

"Well, that's awesome! I'm happy for you dude," Jared smiled proudly which surprised John. He was expecting Jared to rub his change of heart in his face, after months of him telling John he should want more. "This wouldn't have anything to do with Elliot would it?" Jared pried further.

"I don't know dude, I guess... she's different, you know?" John sighed, dragging out his words as if delaying it would make the words less true. John hated feeling this way, he wanted to feel achieved like he did after a lay. Maybe this wasn't a real feeling, maybe he was just not used to being told no.

"Do you wanna date her?" Jared asked, before pulling into a parking spot and they climbed out the car swiftly.

"Yeah, I guess. I don't know, I don't think I've ever dated a girl, plus I'm not sure yet. I really do wanna fuck her, but I like talking to her too. I fucking hate this," John sputtered out with a frown on his face. His thoughts verbalized seemed to just make him realize how confused he really was.

"Hate what? Having feelings for a girl from somewhere other than your pants?" Jared chuckled softly, and John narrowed his eyes. He was in crisis currently and he needed advise, not condescending talk. Jared noted this and sighed loudly, "well you need to decide for sure before you make a move, because Elliot is better than one of your one-night-stands, she's a cool girl."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," John sighed, sitting down in a booth. He buried his face into his hands and let out another conflicted sigh, she was doing things to his head. Things a girl had never done before. "What do you think I should do?"

"You should ask her out if you actually have good intentions, if not then just forget about her go back to your little shenanigans," Jared stated bluntly, his face concealed by the menu he was holding up. John rested his chin on the palm of his hand, pondering what exactly his best friend had suggested.

"I think I have good intentions, maybe I should just hang out with her and wait it out, you know, until I know for sure?" John asked tilting his head, amazed at the words coming out of his mouth.

"John, I can't believe I actually agree with what you're saying, is hell freezing over?" Jared looked down sarcastically, a playful smirk on his lips. John let out a fake, sarcastic laugh narrowing his eyes.

"This fucking sucks," John muttered.

"Yeah welcome to the real world, bud," Jared laughed sarcastically before realizing John was still brooding, with his eyes staring at the dirty tiled floor of the diner and wondered what exactly his best friend had gone through for the dramatic one-eighty turn. Little did he know the girl afflicting his best friend was playing a game with his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe.
what do you guys thinkkk?! tell meh :)?
thank you so, so much to somebody_who_cares, whilethefirewasout, laceyvengeance, keriberry234 & watermelonsmiles for commenting. i love you guys, like i would hug you if i could... so internet hugs?
comments = motivation to update & write, plain and simple. but i'm kind of an update whore, so i can't really use that to get you guys to speak up. but i am really am interested in what you think :) or what you want to read. i'm ranting... but anyways
thanks for reading! i promise things move quickly from here.