Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

the not line.

Elliot stood in the background of the alley way, they’d started playing their set and she hated to admit that John was actually a good singer. They were a really talented band, it was evident on how many people standing in the Arizona heat just to listen to them, but Elliot stayed in the back. The fan girls were proving to be a vicious bunch, shoving and pushing to inch closer to the band. A frail redhead caught her eye, looking as if she were about to pass out, yet girls were still shoving her to get closer. Elliot bit down before muttering under her breath, “what a bunch of fucking assholes.”

Elliot cut through the mainly female crowd rudely, not caring whom she stepped on. She got closer to the girl, who was practically white and wavering, she wasn’t sure how exactly to go about asking her if she would be okay. “Hey, I’m Elliot,” she finally settled on introducing herself.

“Hey I’m Amy, are you friends with the band? I saw you-“ The girl said before she tumbled over, Elliot panicked hoping that it was just heat exhaustion not an underlying medical illness. She tried to lift the girl up, but instead fell forward onto girls, who simply gave her a nasty look.

“Shit, shit, shit. Do y’all fucking mind?” Elliot sneered trying to push forward so she could get one of the guys to help her, she pushed a piece of dark brown hair that had fallen into her face back before restoring her own dirty look.

“Whatever, we got here first,” The girl in front of her said in a haughty voice, fanning herself with long, fake nails and giving Elliot a condemnatory glare. Elliot sucked in a deep breath, trying to suppress the urge to rip her extensions out of her teenage head.

“Uh, there’s a girl here who fucking fainted, so why don’t you get the fuck out of my way?” Elliot shot right back, trying to push forward with the dead weight of the girl. At this time everyone was staring, but no one was offering to help. Elliot’s yellow eyes scanned the crowd looking for an easy way to get out.

“Is there a problem ladies?” She heard John’s raspy voice called out, interrupting the song in the middle of a verse and Elliot sighed, adjusting the girl’s arm, people were starting to step away except for the dumb bitch in front of her.

“Uh, yeah, this girl is trying to get us to move, but we were here first,” She shifted the blame over to Elliot, who was struggling to hold the girl up and started falling over slightly. John looked over to where the girl in front was pointing and his eyes bulged when he saw what exactly what was happening going on.

“Help?” Elliot yelped as her shoulder started cramping. John stood up and took the delirious girl’s other arm and helped sit her down in the shade. Elliot rolled her eyes as girls in the crowd let out awes, fawning over how chivalrous John was and breaking out their cameras for YouTube. “Of course it’s adorable when you help, but when I’m trying to help I’m a bitch,” Elliot laughed fanning the girl.

“What happened? Where am I?” Amy opened her eyes, clearly still feeling faint.

“You’re in an alley, which sounds scary, but you fainted and we called an ambulance. Are you okay?” Elliot asked before turning to see John running over to a graffiti-covered van and she was slightly confused until he came running right back.

“Here’s some water, I think you had a heat stroke,” He said calmly, and oddly paternal. As people started leaving realizing the show was over, Elliot overheard girls complaining about how they wanted pictures with him and she smirked. No wonder the kid had an ego these girls were basically inflating it.

“Thanks, y’all are so sweet, but I’m fine- I swear,” Amy said trying to stand up before collapsing again. Elliot and John waited trying to keep her conscious until the medics got there and carried her off.

By then the concert was long over and there were a few lingering girls, lusting after the band members standing out. Elliot looked down at her legs and saw dirt from the alleyway and tried to wipe it off, but after a few swipes realized it was futile. She didn’t really mind, she was wearing her old denim shorts and a random v-neck that could be soiled.

Elliot sat down, resting her head on the fence and sighed loudly. The whole day had been completely draining, from saying goodbye to her friend to aiding a dehydrated and exhausted girl to dealing with little snooty girls. She sighed, burying her face in her hands before she opened her eyes again seeing John staring at her. “What?” She asked with a coy smile on her lips.

“That was really nice of you, those girls were like vultures and probably would’ve just ignored her,” John spoke softly, noting Jared’s dubious look. She stared at him, forgetting the plan and how she was supposed to act and smiled.

“Well, it was really nice of you to stop the show to help, most lead singers are douches and would’ve just finished the show,” Elliot complimented, mocking his manner with the same old smirk on her lips. John let out a raspy laugh and Elliot couldn’t help but let out one herself, it was contagious. He seemed to be just as exhausted as she was, but she didn’t know she was the reason.

“Do you wanna grab some food?” John asked, tilting his head as if the idea just popped into his head and came out before he realized what he was saying. He stood up looking down awaiting her answer, but they both already knew what she was going to say.

“Yeah, yeah, I do,” Elliot smiled, she grabbed the hand he had extended for her and he hoisted her up. She bit her lip; there was a realization that something was wrong with her plan. There was nothing with the actual technicalities of it, but something much more important and ruinous. She realized maybe he wasn’t the cold, heartless ladies’ man she initially thought; maybe he was just hiding under that cover. Then she remembered he was trying to get into her pants, therefore nothing out of his mouth could be trusted.

So she followed him to his car and thanked him after he opened the passenger door for him, and followed the plan. She kept asking him questions and learned more about him, the more they talked the more the realization plagued her mind.

“You are seriously the only girl I’ve ever met who actually watches football, and not just for the pants,” John sputtered out while trying to muffle his laughter. Elliot felt her stomach tightening with every laugh her abs felt like they would rip in half.

“The pants are nice though,” Elliot added on, and John nodded his head before licking his lips and she let out another guffaw. They were disrupting the whole diner; they were on the receiving end of stares from senior citizens having an early dinner to a couple of teenagers on dates. She couldn’t care though, she was actually having fun and she wiped tears that were spilling over her eyes.

“So tell me, if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?” John asked, after taking a sip of his coke to catch his breath from the laughter that had been incessant since they sat down and got to talking. Elliot looked up and studied his face, the way his brow seemed relaxed and his eyes seemed genuine.

“Right here with you,” She whispered before she even realized what she had just said. She felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment and her mind flashed on how to cover it up, she couldn’t even look him in the eye until she let out a small laugh. “I’d pay a million dollars to be back in California, right on the beach. What about you?” She smiled concealing the embarrassment and he seemed smug about it.

“I’d be on the beach, staring at the ocean with you,” He said, his voice raspy until he cleared his throat. She smiled, staring at him scrunching her nose trying to get him to break. Instead, he mocked her look and leaned forward, she felt her stomach tighten.

“If that’s a line, so help me,” She finally spoke.

“It’s not a line, if it was a line then I’d say your tits look awesome in that shirt,” John laughed, leaning back and nodding backwards. He kept eye contact with her, even as he popped a french fry into his mouth. She blushed and kicked his shin underneath the table as his eyes drifted down to her breasts. They both broke down into laughter before she frowned realizing she was actually flirting with him; not play flirting and they were actually getting along. This was dangerous territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
ELLIOT
hey sorry this is short, but i don't have internet so again this was written on my phone
WHICH MEANS COMMENTS ARE SO APPRECIATED I WOULD GIVE YOU A KIDNEY.
well, maybe. but i do appreciate it :) thanks for reading even though i suck at updating.