Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

the thoughts unknown.

"Wait, what?" Madison said with her jaw dropped, her bright blue eyes nearly popped out of her head. She grabbed her bottle of gatorade and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Elliot's eyes widened as everyone in their yoga class stared at them with disapproving looks.

"We're dating, like boyfriend, girlfriend-ish," Elliot whispered as she raised her hips into the air into downward-facing dog. She felt a faint blush creep on her cheeks as she wished it wasn't Bikram yoga, where the room was a million degrees and every pore of her body was dripping spit. She stole a look over at the blonde who was sitting up on her knees not even looking at the yoga instructor who was staring at her. "Why are you staring?" Elliot whisper-shouted.

"John is your boyfriend?!" She practically yelled compared to the silent relaxation vibe in the room. Elliot bit her lip as the yoga instructor cleared her throat and gave the two a stern look.

"Ladies, this is not gossip time and if you want to have gossip time, I'd suggest you do it somewhere else," The quite thin woman said, Elliot rolled her eyes and stood up without even thinking about it.

"Bitch," She muttered under her breath as she rolled up her bright pink yoga mat. Elliot brushed her side braid that tumbled past her chest as she shoved the mat under her arm. Madison seemed utterly confused, as she rolled her mat up and chased Elliot out of the studio into the parking lot.

"So, could you please explain to me how this goes along with the plan?" Madison stood as Elliot sat down on a bench just outside to drink some water. Somehow she was constantly exhausted, maybe it was the hot weather or maybe it was the constant go, go, go lifestyle she'd been living the past couple of weeks. It was strange to balance the boyfriend, the job and friends.

"It's off, I mean, I was wrong," Elliot whispered, using the back of her hand to wipe the sweat off her forehead and try to cool down, but that was hard since it was a hundred seventeen degrees outside.

"I'm sorry, what?" Madison said even more shocked than when Elliot had told Madison she and John had been dating. She'd kept it a secret for the past two weeks, which killed her a little inside, but she didn't know how to say it. Of course until it slipped out her mouth in the middle of yoga class because she couldn't keep it from her any longer. "Did you just say you were wrong?! Elliot Grant, I have been friends with you for the past fourteen years of my life and I have not once ever heard you say you were wrong," Madison laughed wrapping her arm around her thinning best friend.

"Dude, are you serious? I just told you something about my love life-" Elliot stopped to let out a chuckle, and wrapped her arms around Madison as well. "All you can talk about is how I haven't said 'I was wrong' since we've been friends?!" Soon both girls erupted into a wild laughter and remembered why they were friends and how they had been friends for so long.

"I hope you're happy, but I hope this doesn't come back around to haunt you," Madison finally said once their laughter had died down and all they were left with was the shadows of laughter and the cold reality echoing their chests. Elliot stole a look into the bright green eyes of her best friend and noted the seriousness in them.

"I hope it won't either, but speaking of happy. I have to go mini-golfing," Elliot smirked over her shoulder, grabbing her keys and both girls climbed into her car and Elliot scurried around trying to get ready as quickly as possible. Madison forced a smile on her lips and lounged around on the couch still in her workout clothes.

"Dude, when you get back can we go out to sushi?!" Madison called out as Elliot ran around in her bra looking for a certain dress. Elliot stopped and poked her head out of the laundry room door and gave her a smirk. "Dude! Sushi?!" Madison repeated.

"Yeah, we can go dude! I'll ask John, you ask Kennedy okay? I have to go, love you!" Elliot called out over her shoulder as she ran out the door still pulling her dress over her thin legs. Madison couldn't even speak before the door slammed behind her, Madison tilted her head and stared at the door. She'd never seen Elliot this giddy, or any adjective like this before.

Madison narrowed her eyes as she thought carefully about everything that happened and everything in her own experience and she nodded bluntly. Madison picked up her phone and called Kenny <3 in her phone before bringing it up to her ear.

"Hello?" Kennedy sleepy voice came through the phone and she double checked before realizing it was eleven thirty in the morning and he clearly didn't wake up till later.

"Babe, you need to come over," Madison said bluntly and sharply, she wasn't sure why she had an uneasy feeling brewing like a storm in her stomach. Why she couldn't be contented with reruns of Grey's Anatomy playing on Lifetime right now. All she knew, is she needed someone to talk to and get everything out as soon as possible.

"Wha-What? Maddie? Is everything okay?" He said still just as groggy. Madison sucked in a deep breath, truthfully she wasn't sure if she was okay. As for everything, it sure as hell wasn't okay.

"Please, please just come over?" Madison felt a bubble swell up in her throat for some reason. Nothing terrible had happened, but she was scared. Scared for the fearless, feisty, and funny girl she'd befriended in pre-school by trading animal crackers for a high-c.

"Yeah, sure babe," Kennedy said with a bit of panic in his voice. Madison slinked over to the freezer and pulled out a mango popsicle with a bag of chips and returned to the couch to pout. Not that she necessarily wanted to pout, but she wanted to do something appropriate for the way she felt.

She put another spoon in her mouth before rolling her eyes watching the overdramatic, frankly cliche movie playing after Grey's. She heard the door open, and she turned her head into the cushion of the couch since she was so slouched. She stared at him, as he walked in with a pair of skinny jeans, an inside out t-shirt and his hair disheveled.

"Babe? Are you okay?" Kennedy called out as he looked around the apartment and Madison peeked over the couch and let out a whimper. "Maddie? What happened?" Kennedy came over to her on the couch and immediately wrapped an arm around her.

"Elliot and John are dating," Madison let out, she couldn't forcer herself to tell him that she was scared, homesick and wanted to be gone so badly, those were the only words she could say. Madison nodded as Kennedy seemed just completely in awe of the situation at hand.

"Well, are they happy?" Kennedy let out in a yawn before pulling her tiny frame tightly into his arms. She put the ice cream on the table and held him just as close as they could be.

"Yeah, I'm afraid for her. I think she just needs to be reminded of why there was a plan in the first place honestly, but anyways- I miss you baby, I miss feeling okay," Madison whispered only to him. That was the beginning, as she continued to tell him everything and pour out the bag of crazy and all Kennedy tried to keep everything in mind.

"It's okay, it'll be okay," Kennedy said, kissing her forehead as his girlfriend unloaded the worries of her world on him, and he didn't mind one bit. He waited for her to talk for as long as it took for her to feel alright again.

"I love you," Madison smiled after realizing they'd been talking for an hour and half, she'd never spoken truer words. "Now, I'm gonna get ready we're going to dinner with Elle and John," She smiled and preserved as if she had never been upset in the first place, bouncing down the halls and getting into the shower. Kennedy stared at the television realizing he only caught half of what she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elliot & Madison
eep :) thank you sooooo much to:
whilethefirewasout
Tr0liver Phelps
stealthemoonlight
laceyvengeance

love you guyssss :)
alsoooo achem and new story?
record for urls in an author's note? mhmm. i'm getting back into this story :)