Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

the solemn ending.

Elliot sat, with her legs crossed on the floor making sure she had packed everything she would need. They had been back from Vegas for a couple of weeks and as Elliot was moving out, Kennedy was moving in. She had to take a moment to just breathe because life had been moving so fast. She stared at her suitcases and a couple of boxes she was planning on shipping to Paris. She was excited to finally get out of the country for a while. However, the only people who knew about this were Kennedy, Madison and her family. Elliot just didn’t have the heart to announce her departure.

She was back at her mother’s house, since technically Madison and Kennedy were still on their honeymoon, she didn’t want to bother them. Elliot stood up and adjusted her tank top over her skinny jeans and walked across the hall towards Gabrielle’s room. She was packing as well for a two week vacation until school started. Elliot touched Gabrielle’s fiery hair, which caught her off guard. Elliot laid on her bright pink bed and stared at a poster of Justin Beiber.

“Are you all done packing?” Gabrielle asked, with mixed emotions. Elliot just nodded and peered over her bed to see what Gabrielle was packing. “Why do you have to move and leave me here all alone. Kennedy moved out and you’re moving to a different country! I’ll probably starve because Mom’ll forget about me,” She said feeling cathartic about expressing her feelings.

“I’ll explain it to you later. I just sort of sucks being here. I just need a break. Besides, you can visit me whenever you want! And maybe I’ll get my own apartment and I’ll let you drink wine with dinner,” Elliot smiled staring at her little sister, whom had for so long been a burden and suddenly she realized how much Elliot would miss her. Perhaps it was the fact she couldn’t see her whenever she wanted.

“Really?” Gabrielle perked up immediately. Elliot laughed as she heard a knock on her front door. She raised her eyebrow, double checking the clock and noticing it was a little late to receive visitors. She ran downstairs before her mother and step-father woke up and opened the door without checking who it was. She was taken back when she saw John staring at her with a white t-shirt over skinny jeans, his hands running through his hair.

“Can we talk?” He asked in an emotion Elliot couldn’t determine. She nodded before pressing her index finger to her lips and checking inside and still seeing all the house lights off except for the hallway containing Elliot and Gabrielle’s room. Elliot shut the wooden door and sat down on the front steps of her house. “Is it true? Are you leaving?” He asked with a betrayed look in his eyes.

“Yeah, I am. But it shouldn’t matter to you. We’re not together and it’s my life,” Elliot responded, becoming agitated that now he would come and talk to her. Now that she was leaving he would actually bother talking to her.

“Wait, I thought we were back together! We decided to start over!” John protested. Elliot frowned.

“No, John. We can’t go weeks without speaking and decide we're together when it's convinient. I’m leaving tomorrow morning and I don’t know when I’ll be coming back,” Elliot said shortly, playing with her nails to avoid eye contact. Perhaps, he had stripped her of her strength and cold brutality. Maybe he had melted her icy heart as she changed him.

"Please don't do this Elle, please baby," He whispered softly into her ear as they sat on her front porch. They were in their own little world, it was an effect they just couldn't shake. There was a soft, cool breeze tickling her cheek with her hair. The chilly night had been a nice contrast to the scorching day it had been. The sun was safely behind the horizon, but daylight shone through the clouds, the moon rising, she soaked in the sights around her.

"I have to, we can't just keep pretending everything is fine," She whispered in the same careful voice he had spoke in. They were never supposed to be in this situation, she thought, they should've just stayed apart from each other.

"You're a heart breaker, Elliot Luciana Grant," He spoke harshly finally realizing that she wasn't going to bend and fall back into his arms like every other girl. She was different, that was why he loved her, but right now he wished she would just fall for his lines and they could live happily ever after together. He stood up to make his way to the car parked down the street past her house so her parent's wouldn't notice, but at this point they were sleeping.

He couldn't be around her, not anymore. If she couldn't be his than he'd rather just not have her in his life at all. That was the moment he realized that he was breakable, he realized everything he had been doing to the girls he led on and left. He stole a look at her golden eyes that seemed shocked from his words before they narrowed growing irate. He loved the way she looked when she got mad and his spiteful words backfired as he felt a pang in his heart.

"That's funny, I didn't know you had a heart to break, John," She shot right back in a merciless voice. She never backed down and at one point he loved that about her, but now it just pushed them further and further apart. The worst part was no matter how much her head knew she would be better off without him, she couldn't keep her heart from missing him.

This was never the plan, she never wanted to fall in love with him.

John turned to see her face, her golden eyes glaring at him. Those were the eyes that stared at him when they woke up late on a hazy Sunday morning and crinkled in the corners when she smiled. Another pang hit his chest and he let out a laugh, it was all he could do. He stared at her, knowing that this would be the last time he saw Elliot as his. He wanted to cry, but his body wouldn't let him, all he did was continue walking to his car, his fingers rubbing his eyes expecting.

Elliot waited until John was clearly gone to let the tears fall from her eyes. She cursed the way he said her name and the way he could lift her heart up with a smile. She cursed the way she was happiest buried in his chest with his arms wrapped safely around her. She cursed the day that he had ever walked into her life, because he made her lose control.

So Elliot flew to Paris the next morning, and left a heartbroken boy in Arizona. She left her best friend and step-brother to have a new life as a happy couple in love. She left her happy memories and her new great friends behind. She needed a new adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
EEP ENDING!
I'll post the sequel soon :) please subscribe because I'll love you forever?