Toxic

Baby It's Cold Outside

Carrie was a coward with hate in her veins. She was a woman that was sick in the head. There was no cure for her. The child that she was supposed to love and care for was her personal punching bag. You're supposed to protect your child from evil but she was the real bogey-man.

It must have been in the blood.

Little Emma was cheated of love. She never knew the feeling. All she knew was torture and pain. Some days she wouldn't eat, sometimes she'd be locked in the basement with nothing to keep her warm, and sometimes she'd get beaten so bad she wouldn't wake up for hours.

No one ever bothered to help her. Everyone was too scared.

Enough was enough.

It was cold, fucking freezing actually, that was one thing she remembered vividly. Emma didn't have a coat to keep her warm on her walk home. Goosebumps prickled at her skin and her cheeks were red. Her hands were dug deeply in her pockets as she ran home, trying to get out of the snow as quickly as she could. There was a lump the size of a fist in her throat, she knew she was going home to a monster.

Where was God to save her?

Next thing she knew she was running around the house to try and escape Satan in the form of a woman. She'd rather be freezing in the cold then being stuck in her own peronal Hell dancing with the Devil. Carrie's nails were sharp as claws and dug into Emma's skin when she had finally caught her.

Everything was moving so fast. Her heart was racing, this was it. Little specks of saliva landed on the young girl's face as her mother bent down and screamed in her face. Her voice was hoarse, makeup smeared, and she reeked of her cheap rum.

The small girl breathed deeply and spit right in her face. She didn't want to hear her voice anymore.

Carrie's throat swelled up and she couldn't breathe, she coughed louder and louder, finally letting go of her daughter. She stood in amazement as she watched the horrid woman cough violently and spit up blood. Her screams were back, "What did you to me?!" She screeched loudly. She collapsed against the couch and held onto it for dear life. The spit that clung to her face felt like acid on her skin. She wiped it off only to feel the burning now on her hand.

"You fucking cunt! What did you do?!"

Emma had never felt so shocked.

"Goodbye mom," she whispered. The coat that had caused all the trouble laid on the couch innocently as if it hadn't done anything wrong. She ran over and grabbed it annd slipped it on. The sound of a phone dialing caught her attention, she looked over her shoulder as she watched her mother dial 911 and attempt to talk to the person on the other line. When the ambulance arrived Carrie was on the floor with blood all over her clothes, her daughter was nowhere in sight.