Status: Active.

Loving Sunday

One

The sun was beginning to rise and the golden rays fell on Sunday’s grim face, causing the tears on her tan cheeks to glisten. Sniffling, she raised her hand and brushed them away, taking an unsteady breath. Her mother would have loved to be there, watching a new day begin. Yes, she would have adored it.

A cool breeze from the ocean began to flutter around her, so Sunday pulled her white knitted sweater closer to her and shivered. It was cold for the end of the summer, but she wasn’t going anywhere until Kate came and got her to go. She was stubborn and even if it killed her, she’d spend the last few minutes in California on the beach.

Sunday dug her toes deeper into the cold, wet sand and sighed. The memories this place had was unbelievable, this was where the most prominent of her memories were, the ones with her mother and some with her father before he left. She scowled as her fathers smiling face danced through her memories, reminding her of the last time she’d seen him.

It had been her birthday night and her father told her that he was going out to get her something special. He’d kissed her forehead, gave her a loving smile and then he was gone, forever, never to be heard from again. She watching her mother crumble to pieces and her ten year old self was convinced that love was rubbish. She believed that even now.

She shook her head, willing his memories to vanish. She hated that man, it was his fault she would forever be broken and feel unloved.

“Sunday,” Kate said coming up beside her, “It’s time to go sweetheart.” Sunday nodded, the two made their way up the beach and across the boardwalk to the waiting car. She slid into the passenger’s seat, while Kate got in on the other side.

The two sat there for a moment, staring at the beach, their thoughts both filled with the same face. The face of a loving mother and a caring older sister. Kate looked over at her niece, the last family she had left and smiled sadly.

“Ready to go kiddo?” she asked, loathed to take Sunday away from her home, but wanting to leave herself. Sunday turned her head and looked into the kind blue eyes of her aunt and nodded.

Kate started the car and pulled out of the beach parking lot and started on her way back home, to Sunday’s new home and her future. To La Push.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is the end of the first chapter.
What did you think? Love it or hate it?
I wanna know :)

xoxoGreen