Status: Active.

Loving Sunday

Four

Sunday bit her lip and tried to pay attention to her book, but as soon as one more over sized boy joined the growing group, she was again completely distracted. Over the last thirty minutes, four very big, very muscular boys and one girl had shown up on the beach, joining the couple that had been staring at Sunday.

Peeping over the top of her book, Sunday glanced toured the group and they were all staring at her. She moved the book in front of her face and tried to decide what to do. Walking up to them and yelling in their faces was out of the question, those guys could break her in half. So she had the choice of sitting there and letting them continue to star, or she could get up and leave.

Just when she was deciding to leave, Paul walked onto the beach, shirtless and in cutoffs. Sunday's eyes widened and she had a brain fart. She didn't want to come face to face with this boy again, she already wouldn't get him out of her thoughts and they didn't even know each other.

Paul didn't notice that Sunday was there, he just strutted up to his friends and fellow pack members.

"What's up? Why'd I need to come out here?" Paul asked giving Jared a guy hug and pat on the back. "Is there going to be food, because I'm starving."

Jared rolled his eyes. "No Paul, there is no food involved in this; I called you here for a way better reason." He then turned him toured Sunday sitting on the bolder, watching them. When Paul met her eyes, there was an electric current between them. Sunday's mind momentarily stopped functioning and couldn't look away and Paul didn't want to look away.

"It's her," Paul whispered taking unconscious steps toured Sunday. The pack and Kim watched this happen, some with smiles and others, consisting of Leah and Leah only, scowled.

When Sunday finally got back her way of thinking, Paul was two feet from her. She bit her lip nervously and disconnected her gaze from Paul's. This brought Paul back into a thinking state of mind and he made up his mind what he was going to do.

"Hey, you're Sunday Baxter, Kate's niece?" Paul asked, unaware that the pack was listening intently toured them and Kim was cursing her human hearing. Sunday, also unaware of this, nodded her head. Paul smiled widely. "I'm Paul Reese."

Sunday cleared her throat. "It's nice to meet you Paul." At the sound of her slightly raspy voice, Paul's insides melted into goop. His smile turned so dopey and lopsided, that Sunday had to hold back a burst of laughter.

It got quiet and neither of them said anything. Sunday felt awkward and refused to meet his eyes again, while Paul couldn't take his eyes off of her. He wanted to stare at her forever and never have to look away.

Sunday pulled out of her cell phone and checked the time. She'd only been at the beach for just under an hour. She didn't want to go home yet, but she didn't think she could stand another minute with Paul. Quickly, she slid her phone back in her pocket and stood up.

"Sorry Paul, but I should probably get home. See you later." Sunday slid her bag strap over her head and let it rest on her shoulder, gave Paul a sort of half wave and then left, feeling his eyes on her until she turned the first corner.

When Paul could no longer see Sunday, he turned around and walked slowly back to his friends. The guys were smirking, Leah was looking bored and Kim was smiling like crazy.

"Dud, you look like a fucking love sick wolf," Quil laughed out, punching Paul in the shoulder playfully.

"That's because he is a fucking love sick wolf you dope," Leah growled hitting Quil on the back of the head. "I'm leaving; all this stupidity is giving me a headache. Later losers." Leah stalked off.

"What got stuck up her ass?" Jacob muttered, causing Embry and Quil to laugh out loud. Something flew through the air and hit Jacob hard on the head. He spun around and saw a smirking Leah backing away. "You bi-" he started, but Seth cut in.

"Dud, that's my sister," Seth reminded him, giving his poor attempt at a "Don't mess with me" look. Jacob rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to say something else.

"Shut up," Kim yelled, giving Jacob the stink eye. Jacob nodded and stood perfectly still. Kim then turned to Paul and her smile reappeared. "So, what did you two say? Did you something even remotely genius?"

"'Course I did. I asked if she was Sunday Baxter and then told her my name," Paul replied defensively. Kim raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "What?" he asked straitening his back.

"That's all you said to her? No wonder she left! God Paul, if you're going to try and get her to fall in love with you, you're going to seriously going to have to pick up you're game. Come on Jared, we're leaving." Kim put an arm around Jared and they left.

The guys stood there, looking around at one another. Seth was trying to hide a smile, but failing miserably, Jacob and Embry had raised eye brows and Quil was scratching his head.

Finally Paul asked the question that at least three others were thinking.

"How does she do that?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously people? Two people can subscribe but they can't comment? This is upsetting. I want a comment and if I don't get one, I'm shutting down this story on this site. So if you like it, I suggest that you give me a comment, even if it's only "This story is good"

xoxoGreen