Status: Active.

Loving Sunday

Eight

Kate tightened her grip on the steering and she clenched her teeth. She didn't want to do this, she didn't wasn't to be here. It was Jones's parents who were to blame, opening their big traps and telling him about Sarah's death. If not for them he never would have known and never would have cared. He left his family, his daughter and his wife, and Kate didn't care how much he missed Sunday, she was going to use all her power to make sure he never saw her.

A tap on the window startled Kate and she jumped practically out of her seat. Eyes wide, she turned to the window and nearly screamed. Standing there was Jones, her ex-brother-in-law, looking the same as the last time she'd seen him seven years ago. She had a strong inclination to clobber him, but held herself back.

Kate rolled the window down half way, her lips set into a thin, hard line. It would be the way that Sarah would be looking at him, that she was sure of. Jones always had said that when they were mad, the two sisters could almost pass for twins.

"Hello Jones," Kate said coldly, but with no warmth in her voice. Jones nodded his head once as a gesture of recognition. "Alight I'm here, what do you want?"

"I want to see my daughter, you know that Katie," Jones replied coolly, his deep voice soft and silky. Kate snorted and tightened up at the nickname, shaking her head. This irritated him. "Come on Kate, she's my daughter and I haven't seen her in seven God damn years! Let me see my little Sunday."

Kate had just about reached her boiling point. This abandoning asshole left his daughter, never breathed a word to her for seven years, but now he suddenly wants to reunite? If he got struck by lightning, it would be a just punishment.

"Fuck you Jones and fuck that perfect little family you've got back home in Vermont. You're not ever going to see Sunday again," Kate roared turning on the ignition. She couldn't take being there another minute, not with this scumbag.

"You can't keep her away from me Kate, I've got means to get Sunday and if you try and put up a fight with me, I'll take every penny you've got." The snake like eyes that Jones had gazed menacingly into Kate's, but she wouldn't cower.

"You'd really do that to your daughter; force her to go through bullshit just so you can have her for a month until she's eighteen?" Kate couldn't believe it. She'd thought that maybe her sisters' ex-husband might have some shred of humanity in his soul, but now she was beginning to doubt the existence of his soul.

"I'm willing to do anything to bring my daughter to where she needs to be, with her father, step-mother and sisters," Jones shot back taking a step back from the car. He was smarter than to upset Kate and think that maybe she wouldn't do something to injure him. Sarah would have done it and her sister was just like her.

Kate flipped her middle finger and shot a cannon of cuss words at him. "Give it your best shot, Jones Baxter. But remember that the court never sides with the father who left. Have a nice fucking life." With those words said, Kate rolled up the window and took off down the street.

Jones watched her go, a hateful glint in his eye. He was going to see his daughter and there was nothing Kate could do to stop him. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number. The phone only rung once before a gruff voice growled, "What the hell do you want Baxter?"

"I need your help with something Henry," Jones said into the receiver as he began walking away from the spot where he and Kate had just fought. She was going to regret every word she'd said to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, didn't see that coming did you now? And if you did, how? I didn't even see that coming, it was just a spurr of the moment idea. But what do you think about it? And what do you think about Jones? This is showing where Sunday gets her sometimes cold heart from, but you'll see that later.

Until next update.

xoxoGreen