Status: In progress

Awkward Moment

Growing Pains

"Sorry about that, hes not the biggest people person" I apoligize. What's gotten into Kris? He's acting like I never have to standby for puck bunnies to see my boyfriend, but I never react as cold as that. He must be tired. "No worries, hey are you in town for a bit by chance?" "Uhm, yeah, were gonna be here til Sunday I think, then head back to Pitt. I'm actually having a little get together tomorrow afternoon at Wiggins pass, I'd love it if you could make it!"
After saying goodbye to Dylan, I walk back over to Kris. He's just finishing as I reach him, and I decide to hug him from behind. He tenses, then relaxes, after realizing it's me. "What kind of room did we get?" I ask. "Oh, a one bedroom condo." "What? Why?" "That's what I always get, it's what I'm used too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I unlock the door to the condo, I glance back to catch Cat roll her eyes. She hates this. It is a bit tacky though, in her defense. Pastels and yellows fill the condo, accenting the blue ocean view off the patio. I grab the bag out of her hand, and place it on the couch, as I pull her into a kiss. She kisses me back, but not like usual. She must be tired, that was a hell of a drive. So I let it go. "I feel like a nap, is that ok? Just like an hour?" "Yea, that's fine, I'll go walk the beach." "Ok, I'll call ya when I get up" she says, taking off the sweatshirt shes wearing, leaving her in only her jean shorts and a pink tank. She shuts the door behind her leading to the bedroom. I grab a bottle of water out of the fridge, and take to the white sands of south Florida.