Status: In deciding of whether to keep. Slow updates due to other stories & my job.

Obsessed Fan.

Drinking.

It took a day, and a half. The night air was cold, and my emotions were even colder. Fear crept over me as I stood in front of my old house. I haven't seen my father in years, and I began to wonder if I wasted my time.

"Hello?" I glanced over my shoulder at my little brother. He's gotten taller since last time, and his voice has changed a lot.

"Hey." I greeted, a smile slowly appearing on my face.

"Who are you?" He quirked a brow, and suddenly my smile faded.

"Jakob." I answered, dryly.

"Jakob?" He repeated, his head tilting to the side. "Yo dad!"

"What?" Then he came out. His hair was finally having some gray to it, his clothes still dark and his face aged. "Jakoby?"

"Hey, dad." I muttered, trying to gulp down the lump in my throat.

"You actually came." My father seemed shocked, and stood there just as frozen as I am.

"Yeah, shocker." I shrugged, shifting the weight from my right foot to my left.

"Well, come inside, I guess." My dad instructed, at which I hesitantly followed. Blond hair passed by, and there stood a younger lady. "This is my wife."

"Hey." I slowly nod, then stared at the floor. "You remarried?"

"Yeah." My dad coughed, slowly walking to the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"It's nice to finally meet you." She smiled, wrapping me in a hug. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Really? Like what?" I questioned, and she froze for a moment.

"Well, you're his oldest son." She stammered, at which I laughed.

"It's all good." I assured, then turned to my dad. "Maybe I made a mistake."

"Shut up, boy. Grab a beer and just relax." My dad demanded, turning the TV on. I sighed, dropping my bag on the floor and did as I was told. When I sat there next to my dad, watching his droopy eyes stare at the TV; I thought about how much I admired him as a child. Not realizing that when I cried because he would be gone for days, making me think he left me too, that I deserved better.

"So, this is Jakoby?" My little brother reentered the room. "Sorry about that out there, I didn't recognize you."

"I didn't expect you too." I chuckled, using my free hand to shake his. "Joey right?"

"Yeah. I go by Joseph now.." He corrected. "Or Dr Joe."

"Funny." I sarcastically laughed, then glanced at my father again. I shifted my attention to my fifteen year old brother and sighed, the way he's looking at our father was the way I did when I was ten.

"I'm going to bed. Got school tomorrow." Joey informed as if anyone was paying attention.

"Good night." I replied, which caused Joey to pause and then continue. I knew exactly how that feels, to not have anyone listen and when someone does it's shocking.

"So, heard you met Sydney." My dad belched, then crushed his can and grabbed another one.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Bet that was the best thing to ever happen to you." He mused, opening the new can and gulped down almost half of it.

"Yeah." I repeated.

"Didn't you love her in high school?" He teased.

"Surprised you even knew." I dryly thought aloud.

"If you're going to be this way, then leave." He harshly instructed, glaring at me now.

"Sorry." I apologized, when I really wanted to say how much he's damaged me.

"You left a lot when you were in high school, I look at Joey and wonder if he's going to leave for a year like you did when you were fifteen." My father rambled, staring at the hallway.

"I came back." I reminded.

"Yeah, and then after graduation you leave for what four years?" He frowned, darting his head in the TV's direction then turned it up. "Doesn't matter. So what kind of drugs have you gotten into?"

"None." I lied.

"Ha. It runs in the family boy, so don't lie." He explained. I took in a deep breath and shrugged.

"A few things." I muttered.

"Do you know how to make crack?" He quirked a brow and shifted his attention to me when I got silent.

"I don't want to have this discussion with you." I muttered.

"Of course you do, it was probably the first thing you wanted to know. Considering you can buy everything for it at a local grocery store." He chuckled, then chugged the rest of his beer. I finished mine and soon had another one in my hand. "Well, I have missed...the game, fuck."

"Yeah, same here." I whispered, staring at the stupid basketball game as if I'm interested. I glance at my father from the corner of my eye, and regret ever coming here.

"Did you want to work as a mechanic?" He abruptly questioned, after we had a few more beers.

"Why?" I retort.

"My buddy has an open position, and I remember you always being good with vehicles." He shrugged. "If not, I'll tell him to not worry."

"No, no. That'd be cool." I agreed, staring at my father with bewilderment. He actually knew somethings about me? I furrowed my brows, chugged my beer, and shifted my eyes to the TV again. After ten beers, and some hard liquor. I passed out on the couch...
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww... What do you guys think? Anyone still reading this story? Or has the long wait for updates killed it for you guys?