Status: In deciding of whether to keep. Slow updates due to other stories & my job.

Obsessed Fan.

What have I done, being gone for so long.

I woke up that morning feeling scared. I forgot where I was for a moment, it wasn't till I saw a family picture of them that I realized I'm at my dad's. I took in a deep breath and exhaled sharply. I walked down the hall, and glanced at the clock six in the morning. I peeked in an open door and saw a crib. I narrowed my eyes at the light purple room, and pure white furnishing.

"Crazy huh?" I jumped at the abrupt voice and saw Joey there.

"What?" I coughed, slowly closing the door.

"How you're replaced." He mumbled, narrowing his eyes at me slightly. "Then again, you can't be replaced when you weren't even around."

"I suppose." I agreed, feeling awkward.

"Not a suppose." He hissed, turning on his heel.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" I called, which caused him to stop in his tracks.

"Not really. I don't need to talk to you about anything." He harshly replied.

"It's obvious there's something bothering you." I pointed out, staring at the back of his head.

"Totally." He sarcastically answered. It got quiet for a moment so I decided to keep the conversation going.

"It seems like nothing has really changed here, aside from this new girl." I thought aloud, glancing around the place.

"You don't know what it's like being here." He whispered.

"Oh I don't?" I laughed.

"It's not funny!" He yelled, and I heard someone stir. I glanced over my shoulder, then returned my attention to Joey; who is staring at me now. "You left, you have no idea what it's like being here."

"Why do you think I left?" I growled, starting to feel angry but slowly calmed down. "I don't need to explain myself to you."

"I don't care to know. All I know is you left, why don't you leave again? Run away from your problems, Jason, Jakob whatever your name is." He snarled, then stalked off. I stood there with my mouth open, and eyes wide. I didn't expect this. I glanced over my shoulder at the room then let out a sigh, maybe this was a bad idea. I walked back to the living room, Joey wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I laid back down and passed out.

~*~

I was awoken by the door slamming and some yelling. I slowly opened my eyes, allowing them to adjust to the light and got up. I heard a female yelling, and then Joey's voice. I walked over to the window and saw them two throwing hands up in the air.

"He doesn't care! What don't you see?! Where is he right now? Do you even know?!" Joey screamed.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She shrieked back.

"Why?! You're not my mom!" Then he walked away from her. She turned around and our eyes connected for a moment. She opened the door, slowly closed it behind her, then paused.

"Sorry you heard that." She quietly apologized.

"S'all good." I assured, slowly gulping.

"So, would you like any breakfast?" She offered.

"No thanks." I politely declined, and went to my garbage bag of clothes. I searched the pockets of a few of my jeans and found my cigarettes.

"You smoke?" She frowned, and I just chuckled.

"Yeah." I answered, opening the front door and closing it quietly behind me. I walked to the curb, sat down and lit one.

"Nasty." I heard someone croak and glanced to see Joey.

"Thanks." I retorted, taking in a long drag.

"Mind if I have some?" I paused at the abrupt question and glared.

"Yes." I spat, then returned my attention to the bird across the street.

"Why?" He sat next to me.

"You're only fifteen." I pointed out.

"And?" He hissed. "I heard the shit you did when you were my age."

"That's besides the point." I matter of factually spoke. "Plus, you should learn from the experienced. It's not worth it."

"It helped."

"It wasn't good."

"It made everything better."

"Why are we talking about this?" I groaned, turning my attention to him. "Most brothers hug, cry, and laugh together when they're reunited."

"We're only brothers by blood." He coldly informed.

"Whatever." I stood up, and started walking down the street.

"Wait!" I heard, causing me to lightly groan.

"Why are you following me?" I asked. "Especially when you don't like me."

"Who said I don't like you? I don't even know you." He inquired, his hands in his pockets and his head down.

"Just an observation is all. Actions speak louder than words." I replied, taking another hit of my cig.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He quietly apologized.

"It's all good." I assured.

"It's not." He corrected, causing me to stop walking and turn to him.

"And why not?" I slightly tilted my head to the side.

"Because like you said, brothers shouldn't act like this." He used my own words, which created a chuckle to escape me.

"We're only brothers by blood." I mimicked.

"I'm just confused." He breathed out, at which I nodded.

"Probably lost. Feeling like no one even listens or cares. You could die, and no one would notice the next day. Tired of the same ol' shit different day. Wishin' you had at least one parent that cared, and the only one you have is a drunk that's barely around. Right?" I questioned. Not even looking at him to see the look on his face.

"How-" he started but I cut him off.

"Don't forget, I used to live here. Do you have bruises?" I questioned, shifting my eyes to his. "Visible bruises?"

"No." He paused.

"Good, least he learned one thing." I coldly laughed, then continued walking.

"Who? Dad?" He followed right at my heals like a lost dog.

"Doesn't matter." I muttered, finishing my cigarette. "So, how's school? You making good grades? Probably B average."

"How do you know this?" He growled, his annoyance showing.

"Don't forget, I used to live here." I repeated, with a weak smile. "I focused on school a lot, amongst other things."

"Jakoby. If I asked-" He started when a car screeched to a halt in front of us.

"Get in." I heard and glanced over my shoulder to the guy driving the tinted window car.

"I'll be back." Joey mumbled, nodding at the guy and opened the door. Smoke came out. "See you later, Jakob." Once the door closed, the guy spun off. I stood there and watched the smoke disappear, along with the car.

What have I missed? What have I done being gone so long... My mind wouldn't stop racing as I went back to my dad's house, and saw his wife watching TV.

"Sydney was seen walking around late last night, no one knows where she is now." The reporter spoke, which immediately got my attention.

"Why did she leave?" I quirked a brow, taking a seat on the couch next to my dad's wife.

"Didn't you meet her?" She asked, crushing something in front of her.

"What's that?" I turned my attention to her.

"Xanax." She measly answered like it wasn't a big deal.

"Don't you have a baby?" I questioned, staring at her with bewilderment.

"She's asleep." She shrugged, and next thing I knew she leaned forward and snorted it.

"What happens when she wakes up?!" I exclaimed, standing up and staring at her with wide eyes.

"She'll be fine." She assured, leaning her head back against the couch with her eyes closed.

No wonder Joey is fucked in the head and was reluctant with me around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww </3