Status: In deciding of whether to keep. Slow updates due to other stories & my job.

Obsessed Fan.

Ren. Someone's going to get laid.

It happened as I expected, the baby was crying. I glanced at my father's wife and sighed, standing up then going into the little girl's room. She shut up, then smiled at me widely.

"Hi." She smiled, taking a seat in her crib and glancing up. The cutest curls went down to her shoulders, and her beautiful blue eyes stared into mine. The girl must be about two.

"Hey." I chuckled, just then she put her arms up for me to pick her up. I did so and set her on the floor, allowing her to run wild. She went to her dolls and started cuddling them, and playing. I sat down and simply watched with awe.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the abrupt voice and saw my father standing there.

"Taking care of your kid, since your wife is knocked out on drugs." I dryly answer, returning my eyes to my little sister.

"Get out." He spat, staring at his daughter. I stood, glanced at the little girl then walked out of the room. He shut the door, and turned to me. "Did you want the job? He's waiting outside."

"Oh, yeah. Sure." I shrugged, and exhaled sharply. "Hey, dad."

"What?" He snarled, his facial expression hard.

"Never mind." I paused, then continued my way outside. I slammed the door shut behind me, then noticed the red SUV waiting. I walked over to it, and the window rolled down.

"Ready?" The guy sitting in the driver's seat asked, grinning at me.

"Yeah." I answer, opening the door and getting inside. "I'm Jakoby."

"I know, pleasant to meet you. I'm Jeff." He greeted, then sped off. "Your father told me you're good with vehicles, that's good, good."

"Yeah." I shrugged. "Been a hobby."

"Well, today it's now a career." He informed, and after about a ten minute drive we arrived to a decent sized building that has two garages for vehicles. "I'll give you a shirt that has our logo on it, and shit. But right now, let's do some test runs. K?"

"Fo'sho." I nod, then followed him to one of the garages.

~*~

After the test run, Jeff was pretty pleased with not only me but my father too.

"It's good to have someone who knows what they're doing, we've had applicants and quite frankly they just sucked ass." Jeff mused, then straightened his posture and grinned. "Well, hello Ren."

"Shut up, Jeff." She laughed, then turned to me. "Who's he?"

"Jakoby." Jeff dryly replied, his eyes never leaving her.

"Cool, I'm Ren." She greeted, looking me up and down for a quick second. "You should cut your hair."

"I'm good." I retorted, then stared around the garage. "It's nice in here." I added, talking to Jeff more than Ren. It obviously bothered her that I wasn't showing her much attention, but she simply scoffed and turned to Jeff.

"I'm going on my lunch break, I've already told Adam to get to work." She informed, then glared at me before walking off.

"I wouldn't piss Ren off." Jeff immediately advised after she was gone. "She doesn't have much power here to get rid of your job or anything, seeing as my Uncle and I are the boss. But she can however, make your life a living hell here."

"I can handle." I assured.

"Also, don't get your hopes up. She says she doesn't date our kind." He scoffed with a roll of his eyes and a playful grin on his face. "She has no idea what she's missing."

"I'm sure." I chuckled, then followed him to the office. He went to the fridge and pulled out a beer. Another guy was sitting at the desk, leaned forward, and I heard him sniff in.

"Ah, Jeff. Didn't think you'd be back in time." The guy behind the desk crisply greeted, then shifted his eyes to mine and wiped his nose. "I'm Adam."

"Jakoby." I shook his hand, then wiped it on my pants.

"Cool." He nodded, then turned his attention to Jeff. "Ren went on lunch."

"She told me." Jeff nodded, grabbing the rolled up dollar bill and leaned forward. I couldn't see, but hearing the sniffing, I didn't have to see to know what was going on.

"Did you want some?" Adam offered, staring at me with expectant eyes.

"No thanks." I politely declined.

"It'll keep you awake." He insisted.

"I'm already awake." I laughed, causing them both to laugh.

"Suit yourself." Adam shrugged, leaning forward and obviously did another line. I turned to Jeff whom wiped his nose, and walked over; handing me a beer.

"This job isn't one like the others. Don't get impaired to where you can't work and you can do whatever you want." Jeff explained, taking a seat on the couch.

"What happens when people come?" I inquired.

"We have a door bell built outside where they park, they ring it for assistance and we hear it then go out to assist." He answered with a chuckle.

"That's cool." I had to admit, that was an idea that I would've only thought about if I was on drugs. None the less, a very good idea.

"Weren't you that guy on the news?" Adam randomly asked, putting away the stuff they were using.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You met Star?" Jeff added in.

"Yeah." I repeated.

"Is she has hot in the magazines and on TV as she is in person?" Adam inquired, almost drooling now at the thought of her.

"Yeah." This time I chuckled, feeling ridiculous.

"Nice." They both said in unison and relaxed. I slowly sat next to Jeff, when Ren entered the room.

"Here." She tossed me a bag then turned to Adam and Jeff. "Lay off the drugs." She scolded then walked out.

"How does she always know?!" Adam howled, and Jeff quietly joined.

"I quit asking after a year." Jeff mused, then turned to me. "She must have taken it upon herself to get you the shirt for work."

"Ren do that? No way." Adam croaked with disbelief. I opened the bag and sure enough it was a shirt. "Someone's going to get laid." Adam sang, and I felt Jeff tense up next to me.

"She's not my type." I dryly reject, standing up, taking my shirt off then replacing it with the work shirt.

"Yeah, right. In denial." Adam continued.

"Shut up, Adam." Jeff demanded, at which Adam listened. "Looks good, by the way."

"Thanks." I weakly smiled then sat back down again, when the door bell rang and that meant business.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... How do you guys like the way the story is going? I'm still unsure about it. I think I might be getting off course, but I've got a plan for it. Bare with me.