Status: In deciding of whether to keep. Slow updates due to other stories & my job.

Obsessed Fan.

..well aren't we going to get along.

I can not believe that Sydney is from the south. What the hell? I thought I knew everything about her, I thought what we had was special and yet she never mentioned this to me? I paced the room, and let out a deep breath.

"Jay?" I glance up, seeing Sydney.

"Get out," I demand, causing her to look at me surprised.

"What?" she asks, furrowing her brows.

"I don't want to get thrown to a damn bull, Syd, get out," I repeat. Suddenly she laughed, taking a step in further. I got up, scared to death and shoved her. "I am serious, get out."

"I am here to get you for supper, Jakoby," she giggles with a shake of her head. "I can't believe you're scared of my Maw, that's so cute."

"It's not just her I'm scared of," I whisper as we walked up the stairs to the first floor. Why did I have to sleep in the 'den', which is really a nice word for the fucking basement.

"Are you ready for some home cooked supper?" Her maw questions, placing the last dish on the table. "I darn near thought you had forgotten how to cook with me," she addressed Sydney with a smile.

"Never," she assures with a wide grin. I took a seat with a pleasant smile, glancing at all of the food.

"Looks delicious," I compliment.

"Now boy, I don't know where you got your manners from and all, but 'round here, we wash our hands before eating," her Maw had a way with making me feel stupid. I questioned if she really liked me or not.

"Sorry," I apologize, standing up. Sydney lead me over to the sink so that I can wash my hands, and afterwards I waited for her Maw to tell me where to sit. Things were so much different out here than any where I have been.

"You can sit where you were," she smiles, sitting at the table. Once Sydney took her seat, that's when I sat down. "Now let's say our Graces, and give thanks to the good Lord." Yep, things were completely different.

...

After dinner, I was not allowed to help with the dishes at all. Apparently that isn't a "man's" job, so I was forced to sit around. In result, I escaped outside to have a cigarette, moving at a far enough distance not to be bothered. I stared at the sky in awe, the stars were more visable than I had ever seen them. Even after finishing my cigarette, I stayed out there to gaze up at the night sky and then returned to the house.

"Get some rest, now Jay. Tomorrow will be a real busy day fer you, trust that," Maw informs with a smile, rustling my hair before walking off. Sydney came over and pecked my cheek.

"Good night," she whispers.

"What's going to happen tomorrow?" I ask, slightly gulping.

"You'll see," she laughs and walks off. Great, now she's even being secretive. I didn't sign up for some bullshit, I thought as I closed my door. I stripped of my clothing and laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. I was used to sleeping next to Star, not by myself. This sucked.

I was surprised to open my eyes, after hearing an obnoxious squeal of some sort. My brows furrowed when the door opened, and there stood Maw.

"You ready?" she asks, a toothy grin on her face.

"Sure?" I gulp, she rips the blankets off me and walks towards the door.

"Get dressed in these, and I'll see yeh outside," she orders, placing some clothes on the desk. I narrowed my eyes at her retreating back as she left me alone. What time was it? I stood up, and stretched, feeling an ache in my back.

"Damn it," I curse and pull on the over-alls? Do people really wear these? I buttoned up the plaid shirt, and let out a sigh as I slipped on some dirty boots. I walk up the stairs and glanced around for Sydney, but she wasn't around.

"Ready now?" Maw awaited, a small smile on her lips.
"I am so glad that I've got you around, to help the boys out."

"You're welcome?" I reply, questionably.

"Naturally, they might rustle you 'round a bit. Just don't accept no smack, Jay and you'll be fine," she advised, handing over a plate of sunny side up eggs. I smile and thank her before eating. "Sounds like that there Billy comin' down the street," she pauses, listening to an unheard noise to my ears. It was about ten minutes before I heard a faint sound of an old engine, barely making it's way down the street.

"Crazy," I whisper, staring at Maw as she continued making breakfast. Suddenly the door slammed opened, and I heard a guy laughing.

"Maw! You wouldn't believe what I done did before comin' down here," a guy squealed with laughter. She turns with a grin on her face.

"Considerin' there's only one of yeah, I would say this ain't goin' be too good of a story," she replies with a shake of her head. I didn't bother to look behind me, instead I was focused on my food, hoping this guy wont be a complete asshole.

"Well you see, what happened was, I had him do the whole cleanin' on my car. But I guess the breaks wasn't set too good, considerin' the car rolled a bit, smackin him, and-" the guy started to inform and she gasped.

"Billy, what are you tryin'a say happened?" Maw was not pleased now, especially when he started laughing.

"Naw, I only kid, Maw. The idiot done hurt himself by slippin on pigs poo, all 'cause he didn't properly dispose of it last night before supper. Ain't nothin' too serious, and serves him right if you ask me," he assures while sitting down in the seat across from me. "So, work today will get done, I promise that. But it will take longer than usual."

"Now, now, Billy. You've got some help today, see. He ain't no Joey, but he'll do, considerin' he's an extra hand and all," Maw informs, gesturing to me. The guy glanced over, his hazel eyes landing on me.

"Where in the hell did you pick this up from?" he chuckles, his head going back with each laugh.

"Be nice," Maw smacked him from behind his head. Billy rubbed the spot and gave her a sheepish look. He stood up and went to the sink, washing his hands and kissing the top of her head.

"Alright, I suppose it wasn't too fair of me for actin' out of sorts," he apologizes, sitting in the spot across from me again. "I guess Joey just has me all out of it today, I'm Billy." he introduces himself and I wipe my mouth.

"Jakoby," I greet.

"You ever done any work like this before?" he asks, taking a big bite of some toast.

"I don't even know what we're doing," I honestly reply.

"Great, a newbie. Possibly a city slicker huh?" Billy looks at Maw, whom smiled.

"Now, Billy. Since when don't you like showin' newbies the ropes? He'll be here for a few days, get used to 'em," she sternly spoke and went up stairs. Billy takes big gulps of his milk, his eyes never leaving.

"Now what in the hell would you be doin' here?" Billy questions, his whole attitude getting worst now that Maw isn't in the room.

"Business?" I answer with a shrug, simply because I wasn't sure what kind of answer to give.

"Business?" he repeats, glaring now. "You best not be takin' advantage of Maw, you hear? I swear the bull is gon' be the least of your worries. We've gots lotta guns, many deserts, and plenty of cow poo to hide the scent of some no good city slickers rottin' body. Consider yer'self warned," he threatened before standing. "Now hurry up and let's get goin', day's not gettin' any younger."

...well, aren't we going to get along.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahahaha someone asked whom Billy was? >:D Guess if you don't remember hints about him, then it'll come to you soon enough. ^_^