Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

Jared Was Right

Shiori’s watchful eyes have been on Paul since the day at the beach, sure it was the most random he has ever done, but he spoke to her in a different way. The way he spoke to her, it wasn’t the type of anger he showed towards her at school. Under all of that anger there was concern, she could hear it in his frantic voice when he shook her.

The teen licked her lips as she wondered why he would ask, no, demand her not to see the Cullens again. Well, he didn’t specifically say them, but was the only set of people that she chatted with throughout that day and Ronnie didn’t count.

It has been a few days after the incident and Paul has continued his creepy staring once again with Dex now back after recovering from the flu. Thankfully, he was still the same guy that she liked before he got sick, she thought for a quick second that he would change and join Paul’s group after his fever went down just like Embry.

The way her mind worked was ridiculous, coming up with odd solutions, but it was the only lead that she had was that Embry was under the weather and when he came back to school, he not only mentally changed, but physically as well.

Paul and Jared were the same way.

Shiori saw the patterns and she was happy that Dex didn’t get whatever they got; pecking his cheek lovingly, Dex sent a smile her way as he quickly pecked her on the lips. “You don’t have to kiss my cheek anymore. I’m cold free.” That loving smirk was on his lips. Shiori couldn’t help, but smile as she cuddled closer to Dex as she felt the burning gaze of Paul.

Within seconds, her dark eyes darted back hearing a loud crash. A table was flipped over and Paul stormed out of the cafeteria with Jared and Embry quickly following after him. Shiori wanted to see what was wrong, but stayed behind knowing her friends would never let her go after them.

“So Jake, how are you and Bella doing? Have you scored yet?” Ronnie grinned as she put her hand under her chin.

Jake frowned as he furiously shook his head, “Nothing has happened yet. Bella and I spend more time with each other ever since…” he paused before he reworded what he was about to say, “her boyfriend left, but this Mike guy. He’s getting on my nerves, the dude is like an eager puppy when he is around her.” rolling his eyes at the mere thought.

Ronnie scoffed as she dipped her fry in ketchup, “All you have to do is ask her out. Once you do that, you are a shoe in and this Mike guy will back off. Pathetic guys like him don’t last long, not for any girl.” Munching on the fry after she finished her explanation.

Shiori nodded, “Ronnie is right. Just ask her out already, you two have been spending a lot of time together and I’m sure she will agree to your invitation.” Giving him a soft smile of encouragement; Jacob looked hopeful as they finished their food. When the bell rang, Dex walked Shiori to her next class that she had with Paul.

Getting a bit nervous because of his outburst, she gave Dex a peck on the lips before walking into the classroom. Seeing that Paul was already there with Jared, she pursed her lips avoiding his gaze as she sat down next to him.

Taking slow and deep breath, Shiori took out her notebook waiting for class to start. Tapping her fingers on the wooden desk, her dark eyes couldn’t help, but keep peeking at Paul to see if he was alright. Sensing her stares, Paul snapped at her, “What?” the young girl sunk back into her seat as she fidgeted, “Uh, it’s nothing.” She squeaked.

As she faced the front, Paul’s gaze softened seeing how truly terrified she was of him. It has taken a lot to not cry, Paul has traumatized her so much that just a single word that came out of his mouth would make her burst into tears. Recollecting herself, she exhaled as she focused on the teacher ahead of her. Jared saw the transaction as he nudged Paul roughly, “Dude, what are you doing?”

“Shut up Jared.” Paul grumbled.

“Then stop being an ass to her.” Jared leaned in even closer as he whispered even lower, “If you want her to trust you then you have to start being nice to her. Gain her trust, become friends with her. Do something because this” pointing at Shiori and Paul, “This isn’t working and it’s killing you.”

Paul glared at his best friend as he hissed lowly, “Don’t you think I already know that? What do you want me to do? It’s not something I can turn off and naturally start being friendly with her, she will become suspicious.”

Jared glanced at the studious girl as she scribbled furiously into her notebook before peering up at Paul to see that Jared was staring at her, blushing she focused on her notebook again, “I think you are a little too late for that.” He saw the curiosity lit in her eyes as she stared at Paul and her being the genius that she was…it won’t take her long to figure things out.

The class went by quicker than the three of them knew and as Shiori started packing her stuff, her phone buzzed. Grabbing her phone from her bag, she saw that Alice text her asking if they could hang out after school, with a smile, she text back that she was free and asked if Ronnie could come. Alice was more than okay with it as she text back a response with a smiley face.

Stuffing her phone into her bag again, she hauled it over her shoulder as she quickly exited the room before Jared or Paul could pull her aside. It was embarrassing enough that Jared caught her staring at Paul so openly.

Maybe he has told Paul some theory of her having a crush on him, which was a complete lie. It would just kill her if he did something like that. Jared wasn’t like that, was he? He seem really nice from what she has seen so far, the only one that has knocked some sense into Paul whenever his temper gets the best of him.

Right after school, Shiori asked Ronnie if she wanted to join her and Alice on shopping spree. With a grimace from her friend, she declined stating that she had to help her aunt do some errands. Shiori looked at her blonde friend suspiciously, “You never do errands…”

The blue eyed girl shrugged her shoulders, “I know, but now Ada wants me to run around like a fucking idiot for the next hour and to be honest you know I don’t like that Alice chick. She gives me the creeps.” Shivering a bit; Shiori laughed, “Alright then, have fun running errands.” Ronnie saluted her as she spun jogged backwards towards Jacob’s car.

Shiori found it endearing that Jacob would give Ronnie a ride whenever she needed it and knowing he probably needed another pep talk about Bella, it was a fair trade. Climbing into her car, she called Alice half way asking where they were going to meet. Agreeing at a location she hung up the phone as she drove towards Port Angeles.

Arriving at the spot, she saw Alice on the sidewalk bouncing on the balls of her feet and when she saw Shiori she floated towards the teen with enthusiasm. Shiori giggled as she got enveloped in a hug once she got out of the car, “Hello to you too Alice.” The older girl smiled as she looped her arm around Shiori’s, “Ready to make your day change from good to fantastic?”

Giving her a nod, she clutched onto her hat as she was dragged from store to store by the slightly shorter girl. As they rummaged through clothing, Shiori found a few things that she liked while Alice carried bags and bags, swiping her card without batting an eyelash.

It made Shiori how much money the Cullens had that Alice doesn’t consider the price of anything; she even had a motto of never wearing anything twice. That was all that Shiori did, she wore things more than once. She didn’t understand Alice’s philosophy, but she was more kind when she picked out a few things that would look gorgeous on Ronnie or that was what Alice said.

She was considerate which made Shiori happy that she picked a good choice of a friend; Shiori wondered why Paul would tell her to stay away from Alice. She looks harmless, she was harmless and she could talk your ear off. Was that his warning because she can deal with a chatterbox, Dex was a talker and she wasn’t bothered by it?

While she was trying on a dress that Alice persisted would be beautiful on her, her phone went off again. Answering her phone, she greeted her mother, “Is there something that you need, mother?”

“No, I’m fine. Faith called me today and wanted to have dinner with us…at her house.” It seems like Yuki was coming to grips of what she got her family into as she heard her daughter pause before she answered, “Okay? Should I buy something as thanks?”

“Nonsense, I already have wine set aside and God knows that I can’t drink wine at the moment. Just come home, we need to leave right after you arrive.” Yuki hung up the phone making Shiori sigh as she looked at the dress with disinterest. She knew better than to procrastinate her arrival at the house.

Popping her head out of the dresser she saw Alice perk up, “How does the dress fit? Let me see!” the pixie girl pulled her out of the dressing room before she could get a word in. Shiori then blurted out that she had to go since her mother needed her, Alice understood yet her eyes were slightly disappointed. “Alright, well. Let me buy you the dress because it looks too good to put back on the rack.” Pushing Shiori back into the dresser.

Shiori hugged the girl again as they stood in front of the store, “I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah and maybe I can bring Bella next time!” with a huge smile on her face, Shiori forced a smile remembering the older girl; she didn’t look like the shopping type. She probably would complain the whole time and Alice would have to force her to try things on. Nodding, she hugged Alice once more before piling bags into the trunk before climbing into the driver’s seat and driving home as quickly as she could.

Once she was home, she left her bags in the car as she let herself in watching her mother waddle her way down the stairs. Shiori being the person that she was went to her aid, holding her mother’s waist and hand, guiding her down the stairs safely.

“Can you get the wine while I go the bathroom, I can’t believe how loose my bladder is.” Yuki mumbled as she walked towards the bathroom. Shiori went into the kitchen to see the bottle of wine neatly place on the counter and she snatched it up before she headed towards the front door. Waiting for her mother, she opened the door when Yuki walked out of the bathroom and towards the car.

“Your father isn’t going to make it…typical.” Yuki muttered as she settled into the passenger side.

Shiori didn’t pay any mind at her mother’s mood swings, Yuki had been bothered about her father’s absence since her second trimester. Her hormones were all over and she couldn’t control anything anymore and now in her third trimester and ready to pop any time soon, Shiori was on edge, ready to take her to the hospital whenever she needed it.

When she arrived at the house they were going to spend the next couple of hours in, it was then that Shiori realized what house it was. Why didn’t Faith’s name ring any bells in her mind? She was losing it and her heart rate was accelerating as she helped her mother out of the car and towards the front door.

Yuki glanced at the house as she murmured, “It’s a nice house considering what the mother does for a living.”

Shiori stayed silent, knowing it was rude to scold her mother for being so rude. Yuki pressed the doorbell with her long slim finger as she held her belly as they waited. When the door opened up with Faith’s smiling face, Shiori gave her a light smile while her mother forced, “I’m so glad that you two could make it. Dinner is almost ready.” Taking a few steps back for the two women to talk into the house.

Shiori glanced at the house again, really soaking in the details unlike last time where she focused on giving the homework to Paul and bolting out of there. Shiori followed the two women into the kitchen where Faith chatted most of the time while Yuki stayed silent.

It was natural for Yuki to be so quiet, she wasn’t the chatty type. Folding her hands neatly on her lap, she listened to the chatty woman while Shiori kept looking around the small kitchen knowing her mother was probably judging everything she saw. As she looked around all she could think about was how she hoped Paul wasn’t here and was at a friend’s house. That was all she asked for, was it too much to ask?

Shiori took the time to converse in the conversation Faith seem to have with basically herself, being the friendly girl she was added her input as she fell comfortably into place with Faith. Her shoulders that were tightly clenched were relaxed and her laugh wasn’t unbearably high pitch.

Their conversation was cut short when the front door slammed, Faith’s face turned into a scowl as she excused herself while she walked towards the front. Shiori and Yuki could hear Faith scolding her son for slamming the front door, Yuki couldn’t help, but mutter, “Can’t even control her son. How sad being a single parent.”

Shiori sighed as she ran a hand down her face, before she glanced towards the loud footsteps that were heading their way. Faith and Paul were now in her line of vision, putting a hand on his shoulder, Faith introduced her son, “Paul this is Yuki, Shiori’s mother and you know Shiori already.”

“Sup.” He answered.

Yuki raised a brow as Faith glared at her son, Paul rolled his eyes as he corrected himself, “It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Song…good to see you Shiori.” The young girl shivered hearing her name coming out of his lips. It was rare when he said her name and for some reason it sounded really beautiful when he said it.

“Likewise.” Yuki responded, “Why don’t you take a seat?” signaling him to sit down. Yuki watched as Shiori tensed at the invitation before her dark eyes were focused on the tall boy sitting across from her daughter, “So you go to school with my daughter, I presume?”

“Yes ma’am.” He muttered.

“Are you two friends?” she pressed.

Shiori stammered, “We-um, no, not really.”

Yuki nodded, knowing her assumptions were right as she asked the typical questions that she wanted to know, what his ideal vision of the future, college, career choice, everything. Faith looked amused seeing that her son was put on the spotlight. She has never seen any woman ask him so many questions about his personal life and when she asked if he had a girlfriend…

Shiori tensed when Paul’s eyes bore into hers for what seem like eternity when in reality it was a few seconds. Paul looked at Yuki as he responded, “No.”

“Do you have your sights set on anyone?” Yuki hoped that the look that Paul gave to her daughter was nothing; she didn’t want this boy fooling around with her daughter. He was the last choice that she wanted for Shiori and besides, her daughter would never pick someone so…grungy. Once again he answered no leaving Yuki a bit suspicious, praying that he wasn’t secretly dating her daughter.

Dinner as gone smoothly with Yuki’s condescending questions and Faith’s easy going attitude, the two mothers slowly started to get along. Well, Yuki was warming up to Faith once she mentioned her baby. The expecting mother glowed as she was filled with pride as she stated that she was having a boy. It went downhill from there as they chatted amongst themselves about baby boys and what Yuki needed to prepare for.

Shiori blushed at the explicit detail Faith was giving and seeing that the teenagers were uncomfortable, Faith shooed them away, “Paul, why don’t you show Shiori around the house?” Paul knew it wasn’t a suggestion, but a demand.

Getting up from his seat he grumbled, “Come on.”

Shiori glanced towards the mothers seeing that they were ignoring them, biting her lip she followed the taller teen out of the kitchen hearing the laughter of the two mothers from across the hall. Glancing at the pictures and simplicity of the house, she admired how so little did so much for the house.

Wanting to break the tension around them, she mumbled, “You have a lovely home.”

It seemed like Paul was breathing hard as his body started to shake, she gasped when he firmly gripped her and pushed her against the wall near his room, “Who were you with today?” Shiori looked at him in confusion as she saw the demanding voice becoming prominent again.

“W-What are you talking about?”

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from them?”

Shiori kept pretending she didn’t know what he was talking about as she shook her head, “I have no idea who you are talking about. I have tons of friends.” Paul snorted at the answer as he exhaled deeply, “You know exactly who I am talking about. The Cullens. They are no good.”

Her curiosity got the best of her as she fired back, “Why? What have they done that makes them so horrible?” Paul gave her the same answer, “Just stay away from them. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into when you are around them.”

The more obvious question popped into her mind as she looked into his dark eyes, they were even darker as she stayed silent. Clearly, he was fighting with himself over something, but hearing how tiny her voice was made him shrink back, “Why do you care so much about my well-being?” it was the second time she asked him and this time Paul released her, backing away from her.

Instinctively, her hands caught his face as she pleaded, “Can’t you just say how you feel? I-I know that I’m not crazy…” Shiori licked her lips as her eyes darted across his face watching how hard his face was becoming with each word she says, “I know you care for me, for some strange reason I could feel it and the way you stare at me at school…” she trailed off not knowing how she felt about his stares.

Frankly, Shiori didn’t know why she even blurted all of this out. This wasn’t her, confronting someone and saying what she thought or voiced her suspicions. Her emotions were all too much for her to the point where she just voiced her opinion. Watching Paul’s reactions was difficult enough with her heart beating fast and her hands on his face…in some way it felt…right. Guilt ran through her as she thought of Dex, letting go of his face she stepped back shaking her head.

“Oh God.” She sobbed.

What was this feeling?

Despite her guilt, the way she just got lost into Paul as she touched him. It was more than enough to set her off into a string of words that she wished she could take back. Why did she blab to him? Paul was ready to bolt to the woods to control the urges that he had, he wanted to be near her, be hold her…to kiss her. It was difficult to fight these feelings off that have been going on for weeks.

It was the longest four weeks of his life. It felt like four years. Remembering what Jared said to him, he tried to remain friendly and seeing her distraught ripped his heart. Stepping closer to her, he cupped the side of her face wiping the tears away before he pulled her in. She was too short to rest his chin on top of her head without breaking the embrace they were in. Paul’s anger quickly disappeared as he held onto his imprint.

Jared was right.

It was so much easier giving in than fighting against what is right for him all along. Shiori belonged to him. He just needed to tell her that or show her; Paul didn’t want her to be thrown into his world completely and her being around the Cullens was proving to be difficult. He didn’t know why she was crying at the moment, but hearing her sobs quietly fade away, his heart leapt with joy when her arms wrapped around his torso and buried her face even deeper into his abdomen.

Now the next step was to show Shiori that she can trust him. That won’t be so hard, Paul thought sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a little longer than I would have expected, but the plot for this chapter just expanded the more I typed it out haha. Hope you liked it and Paul finally caved! Yay! It was killing him after all so it was only natural for him to cave first, now he has to win our little Shiori's heart....or trust, to be honest :)

People that are awesome

Natsu (Yes I am back in action and updated a lot quicker than usual)

magmababe141 (Paul does lose his mind a lot and expect him to do so in future chapters. :D )

leolion1234 (Thanks)

bloodravyn (I'm glad that you are still reading it. Thanks)

Barbeara (That was a little shocking to see how demanding you are lol sorry I didn't update the day you demanded me to update. Hope you like this chapter....)