Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

She's a Goner

A painful moan escaped the young girl’s lips as the bright ray of light seeped through her window and slowly crawled towards her face. With the sunlight blasting in her eyes, she squinted as the throbbing reminder pounded in her head.

Where am I? Right, I was drunk.

Shiori licked her dry lips as her stomach churned when she tried to sit up. Her unsettled stomach lurched forward begging to have an escape route. Dark eyes widened in shock and with a hand slapped over her mouth she bolted towards the nearest bathroom and spilled the contents into the toilet.

The small body heaved as the dark hair swirled around her face obscuring her vision. While she was vomiting she ignored the clanking of boots hitting the tile floor. Suddenly her hair was pulled back and the soothing motion of a hand circled on her back.

“Let it out all, Shi.” Ronnie mumbled.

Shiori wanted to say something, her lips opened slightly to voice the words that echoed in her thoughts, but were silenced when the queasiness hit back in full force. There was no reason as to why she should question Ronnie and how she sounded fine. This was Ronnie we are talking about; the girl that partied hard and probably fixed up a remedy for herself and probably spewed her guts out hours before she woke up.

After moments of finally getting her stomach to cooperate with her, Shiori winced when she pushed herself off the porcelain bowl. “Sorry.” She mumbled, spitting the remaining contents from her mouth.

She was beyond disgusted at the ghastly sight. Luckily Ronnie flushed so she didn’t have to keep staring at the scene in front of her. Standing up on her feet with the help of her blond friend, her toothbrush filled with toothpaste was idly sitting beside the sink.

Furiously brushing her teeth, foam started to accumulate in her mouth. Shiori couldn’t remember what happened last night other than begging Ronnie to stay in because of the promise that she made to Paul. Which was a weird request now that she thought about it; she wondered if they captured the animal that was roaming around the reservations.

The look in his eyes when he demanded for her to stay put was…daunting in the least. There was a sense of urgency in his eyes that he did not voice and that was what made her obey his command. Those eyes—they will be the death of her.

She could feel her heart skip a beat just thinking about them.

Shiori gazed at the mirror to watch the uncommon sight of Ronnie nestled in the background. Long blond hair pinned up to view the flawless face of her best friend, bright red lips pursed into a straight line and raccoon like make-up made those crystal blue eyes pop.

It was then she noticed the new set of clothes that Ronnie was wearing. The short corset like dress tightly wrapped around her petite body with knee high studded boots and her signature leather jacket to top off the look.

Furrowing her brows, Shiori questioned, “Where did you get those clothes?”

Ronnie rolled her eyes, “From my house. Where else?”

The younger girl felt her blood run cold as she twisted her body around in shock. “You went out? I thought I told you to stay in?” The sharp pain in her head sweetly reminded her of the events that occurred last night, halting her accusations.

The blond dismissed the scolding with a huff. “I had to get some clothes somewhere. I wasn’t going to wear the same clothes two days in a row, that’s fucking disgusting.” Those blue eyes caught the glimpse of the pain etched on her younger friend before her body relaxed from the tense position it previous was in.

Taking a few steps forward, she dropped the items that were clutched in her hand. “Here, to make that headache go away.”

Shiori noticed two white pills sat on the counter with a glass filled with a pinkish concoction that was clearly made by Ronnie. Without hesitating, she popped the pills into her mouth and swallowed it with the beverage.

It took all of her not to throw up at the stench and horrid taste that filled her taste buds. How could she drink this?

A dry chuckle was heard when the blond watched the face twist into disgust. “Doesn’t taste great, but it kicks that shitty feeling right out of ya.” Shiori squeezed her eyes shut as she downed the rest of the drink knowing it wasn’t the most horrible thing she ever tasted in her life. She had worse.

“By the way,” Ronnie began when Shiori decided to sway herself into her bedroom with a sluggish manner. “Paul is downstairs waiting for you.” That stopped the teen in her tracks. “He said something about you bei—hey what are you doing?” A perfectly plucked brow arched in curiosity as she watched Shiori with new vigor energy sprint across the room fixing herself up.

A frown noticeably reached the blond’s face as she watched Shiori spun in front of her mirror to make sure everything was in place. Not once as she seen the girl so frazzled about a guy before not even Dex. This was not good.

“How do I look?”

Her blue eyes zeroed in on the girl before giving her a nod of approval. Shiori didn’t look back once as she ran out of the room and probably into the arms of the one person Ronnie didn’t want her to go to. As much as she didn’t want to admit it; she knew that Dex has lost the battle the minute Paul gained interest in her.

The problem was she didn’t know why.

Why was he interested in her? Not that she was saying that Shiori wasn’t good looking, but it struck her odd that her tormentor for most of her life. The guy who spilled soda on her during her first date with Dex, the same guy that stuck gum to her hair when she first moved here and the same guy that taunted her relentlessly for background turned a new leaf.

It didn’t make sense. The disgusted look in his eyes suddenly changed to one of adoration and possibly—no way in fucking hell did Paul think of her that way. It was impossible for someone like Paul to be chasing after the shy bookworm of the school.

Ronnie groaned; this was definitely out of a cliché teen romance book. All he needed to do now was tell her those three haunting words and the poor girl will be hooked for life.

There was a small glimmer of hope that Dex would pull through. Anything to have Shiori turn the other way, she didn’t care who her friend ended up with as long as it wasn’t him. Jogging down the stairs, she caught a glimpse of Shiori’s hair out on the porch. Paul smiled at her adoringly as he said something to her; she could picture the bright blush that appeared on her pale cheeks.

The scene made her sick. Stomping over to the front door, she practically swung it open causing Shiori to jump back in fright. It was then that the blond noticed how close the two were. Narrowing her eyes, she growled.

“Don’t you think you overstayed your welcome, Paul?”

Paul’s eyes flickered over to her with a menacing gaze. “I doubt Shiori wants me to go anywhere. Shouldn’t you go home? I can smell the booze on your breath from here.” His nose crinkled in disgust as he could smell liquor on Ronnie and Shiori. There was no doubt that the gothic girl convinced Shiori to have a drink or two.

Ronnie scoffed, “Go-” she stopped in the middle of her sentence when she noticed Shiori giving her a pleading look. The same look that always had to begging to behave. Caving into the girl’s wishes, she silenced herself and watched as Shiori shyly clasped her hands together and asked if he was ready to go.

Go? Go where?

It spiked her interest as she asked where the duo was going. When Shiori looked back it was as if she realized that she was still there. “Oh, sorry Ronnie. I forgot you were still here.” A sheepish smile appeared on her lips as she started to explain, “Paul wanted me to help him study for our Physics exam…do you want to come?”

Shiori missed the annoyed look that flashed through Paul’s features at the suggestion. Ronnie mulled over her decision, if she went along then nothing would get done. She could picture her and Paul sending death glares to one another while Shiori tried to make everyone happy.

It would be ideal since she would be a cockblocker for that cunt of a skyscraper that was inches away from her best friend, yet her mind kept creeping up with the images of Jacob. She hasn’t seen him in a while and wondered what he was up to. Despite the detest that she had for the girl that he has latched onto maybe she can be productive and ruin that parade instead.

Shiori was a lost cause, but Jake…there was still hope or that is what she kept telling herself.

“Nah,” She instantly saw Paul relax. “I’m gonna go home and chill for a bit before heading out to visit a friend.”

Shiori didn’t think anything of it as she nodded in compliance, “Okay be safe.” Ronnie gave one last death glare at the teen knowing he got the message. If he hurt Shiori in any way, he’s dead meat.

[1]


A small shy smile crept on the girl’s lips while her cheeks flared red. Naturally she scooted away from the large boy gave her a sly smile. He knew that he was winning her over; it was only natural that she gravitates towards him and a simple graze gave her a slight shiver.

Satisfaction rolled down his back in waves when he noticed her flush face with her eyes focused on the equation in front of them. Paul has slowly, but surely given her subtle touches here and there to see what kind of reaction he would get out of her.

He was never disappointed and a small squeak left her lips when he ‘accidentally’ touched the small of her back. Shiori didn’t sidetrack and tried to stay focused on the task at hand. Paul could see that the battle within her will cease and she will finally cave into his advances. She already took that first step with Dex, he is almost ridden of.

The native was so close he could taste it.

The herbal scent that wafts through his nose was intoxicating; the mixture of spices and herbs always filled his senses whenever she was around. If he could, he would pull her close to him just to take her in, but he didn’t want to scare her off.

That was not his intention. So instead, he leaned in aware that he was crossing that barrier of comfort. Paul knew that her comfort zone was closer than most Americans yet when it came to him she instantly tensed and her heart started to race. He smirked at the incessant pounding of her small heart while he lowered his head closer to her ear.

With a low whisper, “Can you do that again? I didn’t quite catch it the first time.”

A noticeable shiver ran down her spine. Shiori nodded before she cleared her throat and started to explain the problem again to him. The stumbling of words was prominent; the airy nervous laugh hit his ears when she saw that he wasn’t conforming back to his neutral position.

He sat there, centimeters away from her. His lips merely touching the skin of her cheek; if only he turned his head—

“C-Can I get s-s-something to drink?” She squeaked.

Paul snapped out of his thoughts before he composed himself again, leaning back to his previous position. “What would you like?” He was ready to get up when she refused for him to get it for her. “Don’t be ridiculous. This is my house. I should get it for you. Now what do you want?”

Shiori bit the inside of her lip before she answered, “Water would be nice. Thank you.”

Getting up from his chair he smirked when he could still hear her heart hammering in her chest as he got her the glass of water that she wanted. Being the gracious person that he was, he decided to wait for her heart to slow down a bit before reappearing with the beverage. Watching her pale face, he asked if she was alright.

She straightened up and shyly answered, “Yes! I just—hangover. Yeah, I’m still trying to get over it.” A nervous chuckle left her lips with her eyes planted on the book in front of her.

“Maybe you should take it easy then. Take a nap or something.” He suggested.

“No! I c-couldn’t! That’s improper.”

“You’re obviously not feeling well. Lay down.” Before she could protest, Paul placed a soothing hand on the side of her face and leaned in with his lips inches away from hers. “Lay. Down.” He softly commanded.

Shiori sat rigidly before she complied with his order. Lying on the couch that was behind them, Shiori smiled gently. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” He watched her fall asleep and within a few minutes her breathing began to even out; he knew about the drinking before she walked out of the house this morning. The teen was worried when he saw Shiori clumsily walk towards her window last night staring at something in awe.

It took all of him not to check on her that instant and with the command of Sam to continue patrolling the area; he was left no choice but to leave her for the night. It never eased his mind being away from her for too long and having her drunk and vulnerable was something he didn’t expect.

Now he was with her his nerves settled only just a little. The dull ache of her being not his circulated throughout his body replacing the panic that struck him the night before; he hated how soft he has become after imprinting on her.

Shiori the soft spoken girl from China; the girl that never got his attention except for the teasing he gave her on a daily basis. Instead of his heart remaining the same steady beat when he was around her, it was now thundering in his chest in a rapid pace reaching out for her. Somehow his heart wanted her to know how he felt, he couldn’t possibly know if she even felt half of what he was feeling at the moment.

Yes he could hear the flutters of her heartbeat and the small chills that run down her spine, but her feelings…he couldn’t decipher. Paul knew that he had to be whatever she wanted him to be whether it was a friend, guardian or lover. He didn’t want to sound selfish—hell yes he did. He was selfish, he wanted Shiori all to himself and it pissed him off that Dex has a piece of her.

The wolf didn’t want Dex to have any part of her. Shiori belonged to him and only him. He will make sure of it.

Gazing at the peaceful girl his eyes softened; he hoped that he was winning her over because he didn’t know what he would do if she turned him down. Shiori was the only girl that was fully capable of tearing him down with one single blow. She wouldn’t have to break his bones to make him feel pain, just a few simple words will leave him in shambles and that scared him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yikes! Four months...so yeah here it is. Sorry about the delay. I'm just going to update whenever I can since this is the final wire for this semester and everything is due next month. Hope you can forgive me XD Thanks for the comments and love!