Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

Confrontations and Meeting a new Friend

Forcing the tears back as I walked to my best friend she beamed when she located me but it quickly disappeared when she saw the distraught look on my face. A scowl replaced the smile as all her emotions grew more intense from the rage she felt.

I gulped casting my gaze downwards as I heard her breathed heavily through her nostrils. “Who was picking on you?” she questioned.

I can feel the malice that dripped in her voice, probably scanning the whole area to see if any suspects were laughing my way. “No one” I muttered.

I heard my blond friend scoff, “There’s always someone picking on you when I’m not around. So tell me Shiori. Who.was.picking.on.you.” she said in syllables.

“No one” I repeated.

Ronnie stomped her foot in aggravation, “Damn it Ree! Just tell me so I can have a few words with them. I promise not to hurt them...too much” she murmured the last part to herself as her icy blue eyes flickered to me before looking out the school again.

I sighed, “It’s really no one Ronnie. Just drop it o-”

Before I can even finish my sentence I saw Ronnie stomp over to some group and my eyes widened to see it was Paul and his gang that he hangs out with. I can hear her yelling from where I was standing.

My stomach dropped seeing how small Ronnie actually looked at some of these boys since she only stood at 5’5” and she was slightly taller than me. Jogging over to pull Ronnie from the scene she was making I wanted to curse seeing my best friend finally tick and shoved Paul.

His dark brown eyes glared in distaste at the small girl as I heard her taunt, “What’s the matter Grey? Don’t have the guts to hit a girl?” she opened her arms out patting her chest “Give me your best shot. Come on”

Finally reaching her I pulled her arm, “Ronnie, just stop. This isn’t worth it”

She yanked her leather cladded arm away from me as she hissed, “It is worth it! Shiori, he has been picking on you since you moved here” she spun around towards the group again, “What makes Ree so different that you have to pick on her? She hasn’t done shit to you and yet you make her life a living nightmare! You arrogant son of a bitch! If you can pick on her then might as well pick on me too”

I grabbed her arm forcefully, “Veronica. Stop.” She winced at her full name before sending me a scowl my way telling me that I shouldn’t be calling her that. “I wouldn’t have a reason to if you just walked away”

Pulling her arm again, “Let’s go” Ronnie finally complied with my request as we headed out towards my car. I thought it was strange that Paul didn’t do or say anything while I was there or when Ronnie provoked him.

“Ronnie?” my blond best friend made a noise indicating that she was listening to what I was saying “Do you think it’s weird that Paul or any of the gang didn’t say anything when you were over there?”

Her blue eyes met mine as she walked to the passenger side licking her bright red lips, thinking over the question before shrugging, “Who gives a damn. All I know is that you have a kick ass car and I wish to ride in it”

I rolled my brown orbs letting out a giggle, “As long as you don’t do anything nasty to it.”

We slid into the car, “He. Ree. It’s a he”

“Why would my car be a he?”

“Because every guy’s car is a girl so it’s obligation to have yours as a male. Besides the boy would never betray you and never let you down. Isn’t that right?” she cooed as her hand patted the soft leather interior.

Putting the key into ignition I sighed, I swear she gets weirder by the minute but then again. I am considered a freak too. Two freaky people in a expensive car, what a sight indeed.

--------------------------------------

Twirling my pencil around as the final class of the day ended and with the usual taunting and teasing I ignored most of it. I was nervous all day, heart racing ever since I woke up this morning.

All because I caved in to Ronnie’s pleads to joining volleyball and get this. My parents agreed that I should do a sport since it would look good on my resume, just having good grades and playing violin wasn’t enough for them.

They wanted me to do extra and for once they agreed with Ronnie. It would help me be more coordinated with the game. That is, if it doesn’t smack me every single time. Walking to my locker I opened it taking out my duffel bag that I shoved in there this morning before taking all the books I needed out.

I felt someone shove my back into the locker as I groaned in pain hearing Paul’s snickering, “Watch where you’re going” he snapped.

I rubbed my back as the pain and bruise from yesterday hasn’t healed yet. “You okay?” my eyes moved to the unknown voice that appeared right next to me. Turning I saw a mocha skinned boy around my age peering down at me with a worried expression.

He started to say something but I zoned out, snapping fingers in front of my face when he realized that I wasn’t all there with him. I blushed seeing what I have done, “You okay?” he repeated.

I nodded, “Yeah”

His dark face stretched to a huge smile showing her pearly white teeth that constrasted with his dark skin. “Good. By the way, I’m Jacob Black”

I smiled softly, “Shiori Song”

“Nice to meet you Shiori. I don’t get why Paul would bully such a pretty girl, hell I would being doing the opposite”

My beet red face grew darker, “T-thanks…I guess” I licked my lips before I realized that I had to get to volleyball practice.

“It’s nice talking to you but I have volleyball try-out to go to”

Jacob raised his brows, “You are? That’s great! How bout I walk you there to protect you from evil Paul and his crew”

I chuckled, “It’s okay. I can handle it”

“No. I insist. I would never forgive myself if something happened to ya” he touched my shoulder before falling into step with me. I started to talk after Jacob kept rambling on and on about his friends Quil and Embry.

He was quite the talker. I never knew someone can talk so much and be so…happy. It was something that I always wanted, someone who can be confident in themselves enough to be so happy all the time.

I wanted some of it, even just a small taste. Sighing, I know I am never going to achieve real happiness. Not until I leave this place I call my personal hell. That’s why I try so hard in school and cave into whatever my parents want me to do since it would look good in my resume.

It would be one step closer to freedom. One step closer to moving on and being myself where no one would bully me constantly; once we reach the field Jacob turned to me.

“Here we are. Safe and sound” I nodded, thanking him for walking me.

“Not a problem. I will be happy to be of service and how about you hang out with me and my friends tomorrow. You can even bring your friend”

I contemplated what he suggested to me, pursing my lips “I will think about it.” Jacob pouted, “Oh come on. It’s not that hard to give in. Please?” his dark brown eyes bore into mine.

I swallowed hard getting lost for a minute before pulling myself back and snapping out of the trance that I was sucked in to. “Okay…I guess it’s fine”

Jacob cheered making some of the athletes look at us making my cheeks burn, “You’re pretty good at making people do whatever you want, huh?”

He chuckled “What can I say? It’s a gift.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for all the comments I have received for this story and so sorry for taking so long in posting this chapter. Totally forgot that I needed to update this story and forgive me for the crappy chapter. I promise more Paul/Shiori time but then again he picks on her so won't be too long before he phases. What do you think of Jake and Shiroi? Anything that might come out of that? please comment and subscribe