Status: updating soon

When Hope Begins to Fade

Packing

Zacky led us around in the house. First was the living room which was pretty big. Two walls were a dark grey while the other two were a lighter grey. The floor was painted black. Zacky then led us into the kitchen. It was probably bigger than the living room. It had one wall of windows that looked out into the ocean. We continued on into the bedrooms. First room was the master bedroom. That was Zacky’s room. The next room was a little smaller and was Jimmy’s room. The room across from Jimmy’s was Johnny and Lacey’s room which was about the same size of Jimmy’s room. The next room was Maddy’s room which was a little bit smaller than Jimmy, Johnny and Lacey’s rooms. Across from Maddy’s room was my room. The one of the two rooms at the end of the hallway was a guest room that was small. The other room was the bathroom. We went back downstairs and Zacky showed us the last two rooms. One was an extra room for whatever, well according to Zacky it is. The other was the downstairs bathroom. We went out the back outside and looked at the pool which we had. We then went back inside and went to the living room since so we could go out the front door.

“So what do you think?” Zacky asked Maddy and I.

“Love it!” Maddy exclaimed.

“I like it also.” I told Zacky.

He smiled at us. “So we should probably start packing.” Zacky said to everyone. Everyone agreed.

Maddy went with Zacky and I went with Jimmy and Johnny. All the way back Johnny had called Lacey and told her about the house. We got back and went inside to start packing. Zacky and Maddy weren’t here yet so I went with Jimmy to his room as Johnny went to his.

“Are you following me?” Jimmy asked.

“No.” I said quietly. Jimmy smiled at me.

“Well shouldn’t you be packing?” he asked.

“I’m waiting for Maddy.” I told him.

“You want me to go find Val? She will help you pack. You don’t have that much stuff anyway.” Jimmy said.

“I guess.” I had told him.

I went to my room as Jimmy went to go find Val. Val came into my room a few minutes later with boxes. She told me to get all my clothes from the drawers. I would get my clothes and hand them to her as she put them neatly in a box. After my clothes was my shoes and jewelry. The last box of my stuff had my few toys and stuffed animals. We had finished and Zacky and Maddy still weren’t here.

“Since Zack isn’t back with Maddy, let’s go get something to eat. Zacky can help Maddy pack.” Val said and smiled at me.

I followed her downstairs to the kitchen. We entered the kitchen and saw Michelle in there sitting at the table eating. I stayed close to Val as she went to the fridge and got out ham, cheese, turkey and mayonnaise. She went to the counter and got four slices of bread from the bag.

“What do you want on your sandwich?” Val asked.

“Ham and cheese.” I told her quietly.

She nodded her head as she made my ham and cheese sandwich. She then handed it to me. She made her own before putting the ham, cheese, turkey and mayonnaise back into the fridge. I had began eating my sandwich as I waited for her. I followed her over to the table. I sat beside her. Michelle still hadn’t spoke which I was glad of. I ate my sandwich and glanced over at Michelle every now and then. She had finished whatever she was eating and was just sitting there watching Val and I. Val finished and I went with her to the living room. I was glad to be away from Michelle. Johnny was in the living room watching TV. I sat down by him as Val sat in a chair.

“Finished packing already?” Val asked Johnny.

“Yeah. I’ve gotta help Lacey pack in a little bit.” Johnny told Val.

“Do you know where Zacky is?” Val asked.

Johnny looked at Val with his eyebrow raised. “No? Isn’t he here?”

“No. Maddy and him aren’t here.” Val told him.

“Do you know where your sister is?” Johnny asked me.

I blankly stared at him before answering. “No.” I told him as if it wasn’t obvious.

Michelle came into the room and sat down in a chair. She still didn’t say anything as she watched TV.

“Did you try to call him?” Johnny asked Val.

“No. I will though.” Val said as she got up off the couch and left the living room.

I watched the show that Johnny had been watching which didn’t make sense to me. Jimmy came running into the living room and we all glanced at him.

“I’m finished packing!” Jimmy exclaimed.

“I’ve been finished packing.” Johnny told Jimmy.

Michelle just glanced back and forth from the two as they began arguing who finished packing first when it obviously was Johnny. Actually it was probably me but I stayed quiet. Val walked back into the living room.

“No answer.” she said as she sat down.

“Who did you call?” Michelle asked as she finally spoke.

“Zack.” Val told her.

“Oh.” Michelle said as she began watching the TV again.

“I’ve gotta go.” Johnny said as he stood up from the couch.

“I won!” Jimmy said as he ran over to the couch and plopped down onto it.

“Jimmy! Quit doing that. You’re going to break the couch.” Val told Jimmy.

“Nu-uh.” Jimmy said.

Val sighed and began watching TV.

“I’m bored.” Jimmy complained five minutes later.

“Then do something.” Val told him.

I giggled as he began making sounds.

Val groaned loudly. “Not something that’s going to annoy everyone.”

Jimmy smiled as he got up. “Let’s go to the park! Where is Maddy?”

“With Zacky.” Val and I said at the same time.

“Where is Zacky?” Jimmy asked.

“We don’t know.” Val said.

“Have you tried to call him?” Jimmy asked.

“Yes and he didn’t answer.” Val told Jimmy.

Jimmy took his phone out of his pocket and began texting. He sat back down beside me. After a few minutes Jimmy spoke.

“He’s not texting back either.”

“I wonder where they are?” Val said.

We all sat there watching TV. Well Michelle was probably the only one watching TV. I knew that Jimmy and Val were probably thinking about where Zacky and Maddy was. I was thinking where Maddy was.
♠ ♠ ♠
house
sorry I didn't describe the house much. I didn't want to bore people so I just briefly described them but you can see what they look like in the collection.

Where is Zacky and Maddy? Why is Michelle quiet?

The last chapter I posted gave me two stars. One more star and I'll have 10.

Thanks to my subscribers and commenters.