Status: One Shot

We're a Broken People Under Loaded Gun

God, bless us everyone. We're a broken people under loaded gun.

A world once green, now black. A government once fair, now corrupt. A people once free, now broken under loaded gun. They wouldn't be for long though...Those that had escaped the grasp of the government had lived among the shadows, plotting, scheming to escape and make it to where the ocean bleeds into the sky.

Everyone knew that the world would end. When it almost did, leaving nothing but pitiful ruins of decay, the government went insane. They arrested and executed thousands as if those left from the apocalypse were the ones to blame.

God, save us everyone. Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns? For the sins of our hand. The sins of our tongue. The sins of our father. The sins of our young...

If we couldn't “behave”, we were executed. If we struck out, spoke out, or our families did such a thing, we were destroyed. We were to burn for the sins we committed. But it was never us, it was them.

Now the world is ending and we want need to escape from this hell hole. But the government won't let us. Guess we're gonna have to fight our way out...

And when I close my eyes tonight. To symphonies of blinding light...

The Catalyst by Linkin Park
For this contest.

Banner by StupidChariotsOnFire
©K.W.
  1. 1/1
    920 words