Rabidity

Transmogrification

“Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I do not want to do this anymore?” Severus said to Albus standing at the top of the astronomy tower.

“Whether that be the case or not, it must be done. I will not argue with you Severus – you agreed.”

Severus noticed the Potter boy, standing at the stairs waiting for him to leave. Severus turned on his heel and let his dark robes billow behind him once more. The terror that arose within him came because of the thought of what tonight would bring. The beginning of a very dark war would ensue him, as well as several of his students. It was nearly nightfall, he had no appetite at supper, no desire to flee, only the desire to beg Dumbledore to change his mind.
_____________________________________________________

Adrienne sat scribbling notes on the inside of the book she had been given. She had no idea if that was allowed but she was sure if it wasn’t that there was some charm somewhere that would remove them. Because there were hundreds of them – she was irritated with her charms homework, frustrated there were so many to learn.

She became happy once she found professor Snape inside her room; Although his demeanor was slightly menacing.

“It’s supposed to happen tonight.” He said.

“Shouldn’t- Shouldn’t we tell Dumbledore?”

“Dumbledore is aware of the situation.”

“Well where is he?”

“Away, with Potter. I’m afraid that it’s just all part of the plan. “

“So he won’t be here?”

“Nothing will be here. They will take you from here… there won’t be any going back.”

“But you’ll be there.” She said while looking up at him with her crystal blue eyes. This time he let his hand touch her cold cheek and nodded his head.

“As often as I can.” He said. “Remember what I taught you?”

Adrienne nodded. She wanted his had to linger on her face for longer, but instead he turned to leave and his hand had to go with him. She almost stopped him – but her professor had more important things to attend to.
________________________________________________________________

Several death eaters made their way into Borgin and Burkes than night, with the storm erupting over their heads they lead their cloaked bodies inside to await several crucial orders.

Bellatrix and the many death eaters behind her nearly gasped when they found that they were within the Hogwarts castle. A mischievous grin erupted across her face; white teeth gleaming in the moonlight.

They all began the hunt: for the boy, the girl, for the headmaster. Draco was supposed to kill Dumbledore – but Bellatrix so eagerly wanted to watch. She wished he hadn’t left before the lot of them had arrived – but then she got a flash of an image as Draco flashed the dark mark on his arm, she turned around completely and set foot up the stairs to the astronomy tower, death eaters following behind her.

“Well look what we have here, well done Draco.” She whispered in her ear. “Do it!”

“Doesn’t have the stomach, just like his father.”

“Do it Draco, do it, NOW!”

“No.” was all Severus said,

Dumbledore muttered one light “Please.” From his lips before Snape silenced him with the killing curse.

Bellatrix screamed with delight! The daft headmaster was no longer in the way and the castle was no longer safe. She thrust her wand into the sky and called forth the dark mark. She smiled as it billowed over the entire school.

Bellatrix took no time in finding the Slytherin commons. The Dark Lord has assured here that she would be there, and that Bellatrix would know who she was. The students had all retired for the night, only a few stood before the fireplace with a flick of her wad she sent them flying against the wall. She knocked all the doors down with several small bursts from her wand – each burst awoke whoever was in the room, non of the girls stood out to her, none. She left the doors broken, off their hinges as she continued to break down every door thereafter. She reached a door with only one name, and when it flew open Bellatrix gasped at the sight of the girl sitting on her bed, a girl that had been waiting for her.

“My dear, dear cousin. After all these years.” She said. Adrienne’s smile was the only reply she got. “You seem awfully cheerful.” She said to Adrienne. Adrienne simply stood from the bed and walked over to Bellatrix she was pleased that she was slightly taller, that made her demeanor all the more intimidating, Adrienne left the room, and Bellatrix was confused as to why she wasn’t doing the leading. The girl seemed unreasonably calm as they left the Slytherin commons, Bellatrix steadied her pace and passed the girl, and soon her fellow death eaters were in sight. Severus leading them towards one another. As the groups joined Bellatrix smiled.

“Found the girl, Dumbledore’s dead. Mission accomplished.” She said. Severus began to walk foreword, they would need to leave soon. “Wait wait wait wait!” she said hurriedly. The great hall was just in front of them – she threw a spell at the large cathedral like windows, she watched them shatter and the tinkling of glass made her ecstatic.

“I always wanted to do that.” She said after she had finished destroying the great hall. She looked at Adrienne who had a curious look on her face.

“You don’t talk much do you.” She said eyeing her.

“I can make her talk.” Fenir said from within the group. Adrienne noticed the worried face of Draco Malfoy, and the strangely calm face of her professor.

“No no. The Dark Lord was very clear,” she paused leaning closer to Adrienne’s face. Adrienne gave her a little smile, the same one she seemed to have recognized to be of her cousin’s. “Unharmed.”

They left through a side entrance blasting anyone out of the way. Bellatrix once again became ecstatic when she saw Hagrid’s hut.

“Oh Hagrid!” she yelled, “are you in?!” she asked before blasting the home with an inferno spell. She laughed and jumped up and down, she turned just in time to see Potter following them down the mountain. She raised her wand – but was halted by Severus.

“Go.” Was all he said. She turned wrapping her arm around Adrienne’s but one of Harry’s spells rebounded off Severus’ defense and knocked Adrienne down. Severus once again told Bellatrix to leave as he hoisted Adrienne to her feet.

“GO!” he said more loudly. This time Bellatrix left the two of them and went to find the several death eaters that had already escaped from her view. Another spell came flying from Harry. This time Snape made sure that no harm came to Adrienne. Her eyes were closed, she seemed to be in terrible pain. He rebounded the spell away, but Harry flew another one just as quickly. Severus deflected that blast as well but he barely had time to move when he heard the spell: Sectumsempra. Severus moved the both of them out of the way in time, but now he was on his knees and Harry’s wand was still at the ready. Adrienne lunged away from her professor foreword towards Harry her lycanthropy blood was boiling and she was able to transform in mere seconds. Now all that stood between Harry and Severus was a large black wolf, with gnashing teeth. Harry was stunned and had no idea what to do, someone he had been told he could trust had just transformed into a wolf and now looked as if he was it’s next dinner. While distracted Severus was able to knock back Harry with a blast from his wand. Adrienne watched as her professor kicked away his wand – she felt bad for Harry he wouldn’t know who to trust anymore.

She also felt bad when she saw the look on Severus’ face he looked at her like the dog she was. He reached out to touch the front of her wolf like face, but she transformed back into her human form just as his fingertips found her forehead. Her tattered clothes barely covered her body now – and Severus instinctively took off his cloak and wrapped it around her shaking body.

Severus lead her further down the hill to where he could disapparate her away from the grounds. He wondered how she had lost control then… she had leapt in front of him and guarded him with her life, and he had known that lycanthropy ran in her blood but not like this, he didn’t know she could call upon it on command – this girl was becoming stranger to him by the minute. And soon his thoughts had to become blocked because he was once again in front of the Malfoy manor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm leaving the country for... three weeks. :) The more comments I get makes me more inclined to update while I'm over there ;)

Much love, see you soon. <3