Rabidity

Permission

Morning came swiftly leaving the three women still alone. Narcissa and Adrienne were sharing a pot of tea while Bellatrix had gone rampant in the other room. Bellatrix had lost her wand and was incredibly angered that she couldn’t please the Dark Lord, sometimes Adrienne thought Bellatrix was jealous of her. After all, she seemed to favor the Dark Lord the most.

Narcissa gave her a warm smile. She seemed unhappy, but of course she was. Her husband was a utter wreck due to his decisions. He never realized what being a death eater meant for his family. But to them, their bond was unbreakable. Narcissa follow Lucius after everything, she stood by him, she was his rock. Of course it shook her when he was upset.

Adrienne admired their relationship. She wished things had turned out better for her mother. She had fallen into her fathers trap so faithfully. And the moment Adrienne’s mother became pregnant – he left her… with nothing. The truth to Adrienne’s unhappiness was always centered on that man. He was someone who hated her so much that he chose to leave and join some gang of werewolves. Adrienne could’ve dealt with the hate, she could’ve accepted that. But they way he hurt her mother… it made her utterly sick. Adrienne knew that she was just like her mother in the sense that her father made her mother sick too. Sick enough to kill herself.

Adrienne drifted back to reality and sent Narcissa the same appreciative smile. She was surprised when professor Snape walked into the room. She pulled her sweater closer to her body, almost trying to hide her fluttering heartbeat and heated skin.
Lucius was close behind him.

“Any luck?” Narcissa asked her husband. Lucius clenched his teeth and shook his head no.

“It seems Potter was able to relocate to another Order safe house. One that we didn’t even know existed.” Lucius said.

“One we still don’t know exists.” Snape added. He kept his eyes on Lucius as he said it, only Adrienne could still somehow feel his cold stare.

“Just Grand!” Lucius said, “Potter was within my reach and he somehow managed to escape, with all our prisoners, and our my son’s wand.”

“We never called him,” Narcissa assured her husband, “we can always say the dwarf tunneled everyone out somehow. Or they all attacked Peter at once and fled before we were aware. There are many situations we can dream up, we just all have to decide on one, and keep our stories straight.”

“I’ve already involved Severus. And Draco isn’t even here.” Lucius said.

“I think we can trust Severus…” Narcissa said giving him a look along with a strange smile. Adrienne could see Severus’s fists tighten, and then Narcissa gave Adrienne a quick glance before continuing her sentence, “and Draco will be back any moment and we will decide on something quickly, before he arrives this week.”

Adrienne froze for a moment. She didn’t realize she’d have to see the Dark Lord so soon. Without her Subsission potions it was getting harder to maintain a safely guarded mind. She wanted to ask Severus for help, but she almost feared him in a way. He had always been guarded and cold, but for some reason this was the first time she actually felt it. She forced a small lump down her throat and quietly left the room. It was sunny again today, and from within the manor, one could not really behold the light and the warmth.

She had forgotten her shoes. But the grass was soft and the dirt was warm. She wanted to run, and run far away. She knew she could get far enough away to where they wouldn’t find her… but she couldn’t make the same mistake Daygona did. If she was ever found, it would mean instant death.

And even though she occasionally had to stare into the face of evil… she hadn’t minded so much when she had Severus to talk to… to think about. Merlin… it was so silly, to think about his evergreen scent and black eyes while the Dark Lord was with her… but she knew it was the only thing that kept her from crying during their time together.

Maybe that was the reason Adrienne had such a hard time concealing her thoughts. They were such abstract, heavy thoughts that the burden of concealing them got harder each time she thought of him. She sometimes felt this occasionally flutter of happiness flow through her, and she sometimes thought that the Dark Lord noticed… but perhaps the Dark Lord thought she was happy to be his slave, after all most of his followers were.

Adrienne found a white stone on the grounds that was partly buried beneath the earth, but a large part of it still stood tall amongst the trees. She climbed on top of it and absorbed all the seeding warmth that had planted itself there from the sun. It was so cold inside… she found that she would wear the long sleeved shirts Narcissa brought her and end up piling one on top of the other just to keep herself comfortable.

She was startled when a hand abruptly wrapped itself around her elbow. Pulling her off the rock and to her feet. She was abnormally close to her professor while he stared at her intently. She could still see the gold flecks in his eyes, making them seem warmer than they were.

“You shouldn’t wander girl.” He spat.

“You shouldn’t…” she paused, irritated, “kiss students!”

“Little witch…” he gripped her arm tighter, but it only seemed to bring them closer together. Adrienne only melting into him, she wanted to think it was involuntary, but they both knew it wasn’t. Severus backed away from her, trying to resist the thoughts in his mind. But even though he resisted, Adrienne couldn’t. She pulled on his collar and he didn’t resist at first until he realized he was kissing her.

Severus pulled away from her, but their eyes still stayed locked.

Adrienne pulled on the front of his cloak leaving him no choice but to come back to her lips. She kissed him intensely, and wouldn’t let him pull away from her. She could feel the warm sunlight peaking through the trees and warming her neck, but the next thing she felt was the rough calloused fingers of her professor on her neck. Her skin electrified. Feeling him hold her… it was so loving.

She firmly held onto the front of his cloak, trying to ensure that he wouldn’t pull away from him again. This time he felt relaxed, maybe the ease of being outdoors calmed him, knowing no one could barge into her room while they were together, or maybe he had come to terms with what they felt between each other.

She decided to let go of his cloak and snake her hand up and around his neck, but this left him enough time to pull away from him once more. He was trying to be sensible, he was trying not to get them both killed.

“We must stop this.” He breathed cupping her face in his hands. “This will get us both killed.”

Adrienne closed her eyes and put her face to his chest, “I don’t care… I want this, I want you.” Her breathing was shallow, and her eyes began to water. He cupped her face once more, and he looked into the eyes of the girl he had come to care about. Everything about her was dangerous, she was forbidden – but all he saw was a girl that craved to be loved, one that needed him to care. And for some reason she had chosen him, out of all the people she knew she wanted to love him.

Severus almost didn’t want to believe it was true, he didn’t think it was possible. But he found a part of himself screaming to let it happen, to let things fall into place, to be happy… for one simple moment in time. Because knowing him – it wouldn’t happen again.

So he kissed her, the way he wanted to, the way he had always meant to. He held her head as he softly kissed her lips. Her arms wrapped around him and slowly slid his heavy cloak off his shoulders. Adrienne’s stomach fluttered due to finding his hand on her hip and another snaking its way up her back. She was pressed up against the large rock with her professor in front of her, she was overjoyed when he kissed her neck and jaw. Her breath staggered as both her shirts fell to the ground, leaving more skin for the sun to warm.

Severus became more worried for the girl after he saw that her body was riddled with purple and green bruises, ones that she surely received from the Dark Lord. He assured himself that she was fragile, and that he needed to be careful. He had wanted to protect her from this… but it seemed like some things with her were inevitable. She had never given up on him… when everyone else had. She still trusted him after he killed Dumbledore, he gave the Dark Lord significant information about Potter… and she still trusted him: After all this time she was looking in his face and begging him to love her and protect her.

Severus was all Adrienne had.

Sensing Adrienne’s slight discomfort against this lonely rock Severus, instinctively thought to take her somewhere nicer, somewhere with soft sheets, leaving his cloak and her shirts at their feet he disapparated them both to somewhere more private. Somewhere he had never brought anyone before, somewhere only he had been. His bedroom at Spinner’s End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, an update on time! And a little early if I might add. If you're dying of anticipation let me know in the comments. Will the go all the way... get interrupted... get caught!? Hm... choices choices.