Rabidity

Accusation

Narcissa Malfoy had become to think of herself as selfless. She always prided herself on her true Slytherin nature. But she found herself thinking that she could never deny being a mother. Something was always pushing her to protect Draco, and even Adrienne. The Dark Lord had not chosen the Malfoy residence – Narcissa had offered it. She could only sympathize with someone who shouldn’t be in this mess of Death Eaters. She herself wouldn’t have chosen this – but she stood by her husband no matter what.

She was slightly happy that Potter had escaped. Narcissa silently prayed that he would defeat the Dark Lord. Even if the Dark Lord won this war – she would never stop fearing for her family, not until he was dead.

She went looking for Adrienne after Severus didn’t return with her. She had debated for some time whether or not she wanted to go look for them but she knew after this long… she should. Narcissa only found articles of clothing, she suspected that there was something between them, but not to this extent.

However, she calmed herself by telling herself that there could be any explanation for this, one she may not like… but perhaps not the ones she immediately thought about.
_____________________________________________

Severus was slightly curious, as well as worried about who may have entered his home without permission. He left the bedroom and began to take soft steps down the creaky steps. A slight worry entered him when he saw the dirty boots of someone he only recognized. Amycus Carrow had found his way into Severus’s home, a place that Severus kept heavily guarded by many charms.

“State your business.”

“Ahh, Severus…” He said

“State your business.” He put bluntly, for the second time.

“Only looking for you.” He said. “You were supposed to meet me this morning…”

Severus had no recollection of meeting this man. But he still knew who he was.

“Amycus, I can meet with you later. But I wish that you leave me home now.”

“Quite a heavily guarded home you have for someone who rarely visits here yourself. Lucius told me you had left the manor and didn’t know where you had gone. I was worried.” Amycus smiled at him, almost as if he had expected to catch Severus in a compromising predicament.

“I know for a fact that we did not have a meet for today. Why are you looking for me?”

“We’re supposed to take over Hogwarts this year! Didn’t ya’ hear?”

“Of course I am aware of the Dark Lord’s orders. That gives you no reason to enter my home… uninvited.”

“My apologies.” Amycus stated. “To be completely honest I was curious about that girl… the whore that the Dark Lord is keeping on a leash? At the Malfoy’s, have you seen her?”

“I am aware of the girl, yes. Is she missing?”

“No I actually stopped by there. Thought I’d sneak a peak, see if she was even pretty. But Narcissa was ready to hex my feet to the floor if I even dared tread down that hallway. But of course… I informed her I was only looking for you.”

“Right. She should, The Dark Lord is very protective of his property. Now I am asking you kindly, to leave.

“Severus… please can’t I stay, I’ll summon us a cup of tea – we can chat all about the new year and the little brat.”

“Another time Amycus.” Severus tightened his grip on his wand, he was done with chat, he needed him gone. Amycus eyed his wand and tilted his nose up at Severus in digust.

“Shouldn’t threaten friends Severus.” He said turning away from him, preparing to disapparate.

“Associate.” Severus assured him. “I am not your friend.”

Amycus’s form spun into a black mass that disappeared after Severus blinked. He re-applied all his wards and charms before heading up the stairs – no one was allowed to apparate in but him – and when he’s brought Adrienne it had countered the charm.

Severus found his way back to Adrienne who was now sitting in the far corner of the closet. She looked at him with eager eyes.

“Are you okay?” she asked wrapping her arms around him, looking at his face, looking for any sign of damange.

“Just fine, I best be getting you back before there are more unsuspected visitors.” She listened to the way his low voice extenuated the word unsuspected…

“Who was it?” she asked.

“The newest member of the Hogwarts faculty.”

“But all the spots are full,” she said before realizing, “well… Headmaster.”

“No… actually he has risen to the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts.”

“But… that was your-“

“I have been given the position of Headmaster.” He answered.

“They’d let you do that?” she asked confused. She didn’t realize few knew who actually had killed Dumbledore. “Did you mean for that to happen?” she asked astounded.

“It was my given position, much like you have been given yours.”

“Well honestly, I’d prefer yours.” She admitted. “Would you like to trade.”

“I think I would hardly serve the purpose of your job. Since I cannot bare children.”

“Right.” She said pursing her lips together. She sat down on the bed as Severus buttoned the final button of his coat. He outstretched his hand, as she took it he thanked her once more for trusting him before they both disapparated out of his bedroom.
__________________________________

Severus first apparated them back to the garden so that she could gather her clothing. They were still there, untouched. Adrienne added the fabric to her freezing skin before he pulled her against him once more and disapparated, yet again.

Next she found herself in her bedroom. Safe, and on her own two feet. She was slightly nauseated from the back to back apparating. She slumped on the bed still holding his hand. They had shared something passionate and sweet. She was unhappy to remember that she was stuck here.

“I must leave… I am sorry.”

“In case he comes looking for you?”

“I would like to not draw much attention to us, for both our sakes. How does your head feel?”

“Not as jumbled.” She said.

“Thanks good. Perhaps after nightfall I can return. But for now – I must attend to business.”

“Of course professor… I mean Headmaster.”

“Don’t call me that… Severus will do just fine.”

“Severus.” She let it roll off her tongue while he left a kiss on her forehead then he disapparated; leaving her alone once more. She tried not to bring their blissful encounter to the front of her mind, but she found thinking about it soften the pit on her stomach making it easier to breath and relax.

Her stomach pain returned when she heard Narcissa’s voice radiate from behind her.

“I need you to be truthful with me about him.” Narcissa said stepping out from the shadows of the lavatory. Adrienne whirled around to find the pretty features of the woman who cared for her. “Don’t play stupid either – because I’m not.”

“It was nothing, I was upset...”

“That really looked like nothing.” She said angrily. Narcissa took in a deep breath and calmed herself. She started again: “I don’t mean to be rude, because if you in fact have some sort of relation with that… man.” She paused rolling her eyes, “I just only care about my son – and he has been given the task to make sure you stay here, stay safe, and are with no one but the Dark Lord. And so help me – if you jeopardize his life I will kill you myself.”

“Narcissa – I wouldn’t allow that to happen. You have been kinder to me than my own mother, and if I haven’t proved to you that I would do anything to protect Draco then you have not been-“

“I know… what you did. And because of that I will not say anything – but know that you should limit your time with him, and be very careful.
___________________________________________

Severus had found his way to the Three Broomsticks. After ordering a drink and waiting for his contact he found that Amycus and Alecto Carrow were waving him to them. He realized they were his contacts.

He took a seat facing them, his tall glass was only a quarter of the way full with Merlin Firewhisky. He let the liquid sting his throat before speaking.

“Your not the type to trust easily, are you?” Severus stated.

“Not exactly. We wanted to know who we were working with. We’d only heard the stories.”

“There are stories about me?”

“Well the usual ones – after all you killed your… lets say, successor. Earned a lot of trust with the Dark Lord for that one.”

“My name is known because I followed orders? I hate to think what everyone else has been doing then.”

“Here’s my only problem,” Amycus began, “The Dark Lord trusts you – and we thought we wouldn’t have a problem doing the same except for…” Amycus looked at Alecto – giving her a raised eyebrow look. She nodded her head signifying it was okay for him to mention whatever it was that was bothering him. “…you seemed awfully keen on kicking me out of your home this afternoon.

“I take a lot of pride on privacy.” He responded.

“Then why did ‘Revelio’ tell me that there were three… people… in your home? One being me, and another you – but the third… I’m quite puzzled on.” Amycus said.

Severus’s hand tightened around the glass, he liked to think that he and Adrienne were safe – that no suspicion was raised. But things never worked out well for him, especially things in the romantic end of his life.

“I find strange company from time to time.” He answered. “I pleases me to warm my bed with the occasional witch.”

“Don’t we all?” Amycus said, he raised his eyebrow at Severus – questioning the truth to his statement. It was a common answer, and of course it could be true. But Amycus had expected something much more interesting on account of the way Severus acted when Amycus had arrived unannounced. “Well Alecto may feel differently about that. But - so sorry to intrude on an occasion such as that. I didn’t mean to… interrupt.”

“Not at all, your timing was rather perfect – but still rather unacceptable.”

I’ll call first, How’s that?” Amycus asked.

“Let’s keep our relationship strictly business… shall we Amycus? I think Alecto should agree.”

“Right… Alecto. Why don’t you start with your business.”