Rabidity

Inclination

Something rang in Adrienne’s ears. She stared at the photo, it moved only slightly. It was definitely her.

“Confused I assume?”

“Absolutely.” She answered.

“This was the third thing that I neglected to tell you.”

“Oh.”

“However, this isn’t exactly as it appears.” He paused to take a long breath. “When Tom Riddle came to this school he like any young wizard sought a mate and found this girl. Her name was Daygona Black, a distant descendant of the Black family. And this is the woman Tom took an interest in.”

“What happened to her? Is she around today?”

“Unfortunately it seems that she disappeared. Some believe her to be dead.”

“What do you think happened sir?”

“Well I believe her to be dead, seeing how you house the same body.”

“Nh- no, no, no, no.”

“It’s I believe what the muggle Hindu’s called ‘reincarnation’. Quiet a fascinating culture Indians are. But this I believe to be the case before us.”

“You’re saying I’m her, in a different life?”

“No my dear, you are in fact you. But previously you lived the life of Daygona Black before you were born as Adrienne Knox.”

“Okay, that’s one pill that’s not going to go down softly.”

“A bit of pumpkin juice will do you good.” He said.

Dumbledore left her there with the book. She kept looking at it, she realized that she had nearly wasted an hour flipping through the book studying every photo of her. They seemed identical. She didn’t believe it. There was no way that this was possible.

What did Dumbledore want from her?

Adrienne watched as she picture smiled at her from the pages, it was like a mirror, the only slight difference of their bodies was a small birthmark on Daygona’s neck, Adrienne had one of the very same, only it rested just below her left eye.

With the anticipation built up from one yearbook she had a need to find more photos. Madame Pomphrey seemed busy aiding a young red-headed boy who had fallen ill. She slipped out of the bed, it made a slight creaking noise but no one around her seemed to notice. With haste she walked to the large oak doors and slipped out.

Cases, cases for awards and photos, that’s what she was looking for. Any memorabilia that could tell her more about this Daygona.

She seemed to have an instinct about what corridor to take, in the back of her mind she felt a hint of truth to what was brought before her… but she ignored it, like she ignored all things she didn’t want to believe.

The castle was grand, she was surprised that she hadn’t become lost yet. She still knew her way back to the infirmary. But she had seen one case on her journey, one that sported several Quidditch champions over the years. Daygona hadn’t played sports she excelling in potions, just like Adrienne. She had been a pupil of Professor Slughorn, as well as many students had been, but she was the top of her class.

Finally, Adrienne found a glass case at the beginning of a long hall the seemed to lead to the dungeons of the castle. The case stood as tall as her. Several pictures sorted a Professor Slughorn, and a Professor Snape. Finally one photo on the top shelf reflected her face. The name was displayed at the bottom of the photo, she was real, she had been here.

“Ms. Knox I understand that you should still be in the hospital wing.” She heard a deep grumbling voice say. Her head turned to look down the corridor of the dungeons. Her eyes only framed a dark silhouette of the figure standing before her.

Severus Snape stepped out of the shadows eyeing her cautiously. A recently suicidal student was something he didn’t exactly want to deal with.

“Well since you came here, please follow me.” He said. Adrienne didn’t know this man… but he wanted her to follow him into these dark dungeons? “Ms. Knox, I haven’t got all day.” He snapped. She quickly found her feet following him anyways. Finally ending their stride at an empty classroom, a door in the front seemed to lead to a strange room, Adrienne realized it was an office, his perhaps. “Dumbledore has asked me to brew this for you.” He held a clear glass vial, inside was a curious red liquid. “Once a week, starting today.” She took the odd liquid from him, she’d never seen a potion this colorful. Lifting the stopper she smell something sweet, almost like a candy. It smelled so sweet that she drank it and wished the taste had lingered in her mouth somewhat longer.

Severus watched as she overly enjoyed the potion. Dogwood was only supposed to taste sweet to dogs but she enjoyed the potion as if it were a butter-beer. She was a curious pupil, however – he felt uncomfortable how he was supposed to teach this girl personally. Albus had explained to him how far behind she was, and placing her in a class of first years was out of the question. Plus Albus had insisted that her attendance at Hogwarts should be kept discreet on account of her mother, however Severus knew that wasn’t the true case.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll probably update this once a week, at least thats how long it seems to take to write the next chapters.