The Story of Us

Goodbye

Image

“Joe!” Carter yelled from the door where she stood taking off her shoes. She heard no answer so she walked in as she did she mad sure to shut the door behind her, and walked into the living room. There she saw Joe, Gabby, and Nick; Nick was holding on to a crying Gabby. They all looked up as they noticed her come farther into the room, her feet making shuffling noises as she walked on the baige carpet floor.

“What’s going on guys?” Carter asked looking curiously at Joe, who motioned for her to come sit next to him. Gabby was still attached to Nick who had his head barried into her hair. They were also holding hands.

“Um… Carter there’s something I’ve should have told you about this sooner.” Joe started

“Told me what? What are you trying to say Joe? And whats wrong with Gabby and Nick?” Carter was starting to get worried and panicked. Joe took a deep breath and looked deep into Carters sea blue eyes.

“We’re moving,” Joe answered her many question, but she always seemed to have more and more. With tears streaming down her face she ran off and out the door not bothering to grabb her shoes and all the way down towrds the park.
It was the park where they’d swing and play when they were younger and when they were older. Things still haven’t changed maturady level wise, but they were older, wiser, and taller. ‘How could he do this to me?’ Carter asked herself. Carter sat on the swings and plugged her iPod in blasting her ears with Taylor Swift music. It always seemed to make her better. Carter was singing along when she felt her self fly in the air. Carter screamed in fear and the person stopped her when she came back down.
When Carter was safely on the ground, she quickly got off the swing and turned to face the person. Whoever the person maybe she was going to have a yelling match with them. When she turned she saw Joe with his hands in his pockets looking regretful for doing what he did.

“I’m sorry,” he said, but since Carter had her ear phones in, she didn’t her him. She took out her earphone from her right ear.

“I’m sory what?” Joe sighed and sat on the swing. She paused her iPod and sat on the swing next to Joe. They swang in silince for awhile.

“I said I was sorry,” Joe said breaking the silince.

“Sorry for what? What did you do? It’s not your fault Joe,” Carter told him.

“Oh but it’s all my fault,” Carter looked up at him.

“What do you mean Joe?”

“We’re leaving in a couple of a weeks,”

“And you’re just now telling me this,” Carter said jumping from the swing angrily.

“Carter,”

“No, how long have you known this?” Carter sighed as she leaned against the pole.

“For a couple of months,”

“When were you planning on telling me?”

“I wasn’t,” Carter looked up at him tears streaming down her face.

“You weren’t going to tell me. How do you think that would make me feel Joe?”

“I don’t know,” Joe got off the swing and stood next to Carter who just moved away from him.

“No Joe, you don’t get to be all apologic to me,” Carter started to feel a few raindrops coming down onto her skin.

“Carter I’m sorry what more do you want me to say?”Carter looked at Joe and then looked out into the distance.

“Goodbye,” was all that carter said.

“Why Goodbye,”

“Because that’s what people say when they leave eachother right?Goodbye,”

“I guess, but your still coming on tour with us right?”Carter turned to look at him like he was crazzy. After the stunt he pulled she wasn’t sure if she ever wanted to see him again.

“Why would I do that?” Carter asked back.

“Because we’re together?” he asked shrugging his shoulders. Carter laughed at him.

“Oh you think just because you told me you were moving two weeks before your move date that I would still be dating someone like you?” she asked him looking curiously at him.

“I don’t know Carter maybe I thought we still were,” he told her angerly

“Yeah so did I,” Carter told him sadly.

“What do you mean by that?” Joe asked

“I meant long relationships never work out, and by that I mean while your on tour with Gabby I’ll be at NYU getting ready for school this fall. I’m going to NYU, I’ve made my mind up Joe and there’s nothing you cand do to change that,” she said stubernally.

“Yeah we’ll maybe this will change it?” Joe went straight up to her and kissed her on the lips like in the movies. Cart started to kiss him back but than remembered that he was still the same Jerk he’s always been and that he’ll never change.

“No,” Carter told him as she shoved him off her. “We need to see other people,” Carter said softly.

“If that’s the way you feel?”Joe asked her.

“It is,”

“Goodbye Joe,”

“Bye Carter,”

Next time on The Story of us….
“I’m not going to NYU; I’m going on tour,”
“No way with you?”
Stay tuned to find out what happens to Carter & Joe in the story of us