Untitled

Boom!

I was collecting my books I needed for my homework that night when I felt a weird sensation come over me. I didn’t know what it was, but I just ignored it and continued on my way towards my car. It was very icy out, so I took my time. And of course, I took my eyes off the ground for a split second, and saw Gerard staring right back at me. But then, I heard a loud screeching noise, and saw Gerard’s eyes widened. The next thing I knew, I saw Jake’s Jeep Wrangler come flying at me. But some force, that felt like two arms.. pushed me towards the ground, and saving my life. But the force didn’t stop me from slamming my head on to the concrete. I heard a high pitch scream, and was surprised when I realized it was myself. I tried to open my eyes, but my vision was a little blurry. All I could see was this human being with his arms wrapped around me, and people starting to crowd around us. I blinked repeatedly, my vision finally clearing. Gerard, he was the one who saved me. But wait, just a minute ago he was across the road.
“Cherie, can you hear me?” His soothing voice asked.
I just groaned in response. My head was throbbing, and when I looked up, I saw that the back end of my car was smashed. Shit.
“Is she okay?” I heard other people start to speak. But most of it was inaudible; it sounded like a different language. I struggled to stay awake.
“Cherie. You have to stay with me.” Gerard’s cold hand lightly tapped my face.
“Sleep.” I smirked and my eyes slowly closed.
“Gerard, we have to get her to a hospital.” I heard Mikey’s voice off in the distance.
The next thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the ground beneath me moving.
“You can’t sleep right now.” Gerard’s voice filled my head. “Let’s get you checked out first.”
I reluctantly opened my eyes and saw Gerard’s worried filled face as he passed me off to paramedics in an ambulance. Huh, that’s funny. I don’t remember seeing or hearing them pull up.
The ride to the hospital was short, considering I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
I felt the paramedics pushing me threw the hallways. And I heard people yelling all different types of things. “She’s lost too much blood! We need a transfusion!”
“A wha?” I spit out.
“She’s coming around!” I heard a nurse shout.
“Where am I?” I blinked and things started to come into focus, along with a numbing sensation in the back of my skull.
“You’re in the hospital. We’ve called your uncle, he’s on his way.” A nurse replied.
Great, just what I need... Bob Dazzler in here, worried shitless.

After many tests, and plenty of rest, I was fully awake and looking around the plain white room, with my uncle sitting in one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs next to my bed.
I started to think about the accident, well… what I could remember any way.
One thing stuck out in my mind very clearly. Gerard was in one place one minute and across the road within seconds. That family is weird, and I want to know what it is about them!
“Well Cherie.” A doctor said as he entered the room. “You seem to have a concussion. This means that you can only sleep for about 3 hours at a time. Some one will have to constantly wake you up, so you don’t slip in to a coma.” Is this supposed to be reassuring? “But that’s why you will stay here over night. Just to be safe.”
The doctor left the room with a fake smile. Damn I hate doctors.
“I still can’t believe this.” Bob sighed.
“I’m so sorry Uncle Bob! But truth be told, it’s not even my fault! It was Jake’s! He was the one who drove into my car!” I frowned.
“I know, but still. I could have lost you. Your father would have murdered me.” Bob half smiled. “I still can’t believe that boy saved you. That’s amazing how quickly he reacted. Good thing he was right there huh?”
Yeah, so they told you. “Yeah.” I lied, knowing all to well that Gerard was different. But I can’t lie, I loved it.
All of a sudden a boy with chocolate brown hair came whizzing into the room. Jake. “Oh my god Cherie! I’m so sorry!” He ranted and quickly ran to my side. “I shouldn’t have been going that fast an-“
“Jake! It’s alright! No harm done. I’ll be out of here tomorrow.” I tried to sooth him with no avail.
“Cherie, you obviously aren’t okay!” He shook his head.
“Look, if you want to make it up to me, you can buy me a bag of skittles when I get out of here. Deal?” I smiled the best I could.
Jake smiled at my joke. “Alright. But other than that, I’m going to be your personal servant for the rest of eternity!” HE promised.
“Yeah right. Just get out of here so I can sleep!” I joked.
“Okay. Remember… anything you need!” Jake smiled and walked out with a worried expression still plastered to his face.
“Well. That was random.” Bob couldn’t help but laugh.
“Yes, it was.” I agreed before I fell into a dreamless sleep. Which probably wouldn’t do much, I would only have to be woken in about 3 hours. This is going to be a long night.